Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Russia 2018 - The World Cup thread

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

It's actually on Thursday night.

I was referring to what day it is today. I wasn't predicting how many tins I would have next Thursday fella.

Edited by Max Wall

Russia losing to Saudi Arabia in the first match would be some opening to the competition on their land..

Have to admit that it's quite hard in not wanting them to do well, for political reasons etc - after what happened in Salisbury, Ukraine etc.

42 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Russia losing to Saudi Arabia in the first match would be some opening to the competition on their land..

Have to admit that it's quite hard in not wanting them to do well, for political reasons etc - after what happened in Salisbury, Ukraine etc.

I wouldn't rule anything out, Saudi Arabia gave Germany a bit of a scare last night. Imagine the Russian reaction if they actually got knocked out as early as the group stages. Look at that Group A it certainly isn't an easy one, Uruguay of course are very strong, Egypt with Salah will be dangerous. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Russia won‘t make it past the group stages, very poor team. I can‘t see them winning a single game, even Saudi-Arabia are able to nick a draw.

Uruguay and Egypt to progress from Group A.

• Like 1

Embarrassing comments from Bertrand about being left out of the World Cup squad. He and Southampton had a terrible season and in no way earned a place. Leroy Sane was left out by Germany after a tremendous season with Man City and showed more dignity despite being justifiably upset 

Got some players with weak mentality in the england setup like Hart and co

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

TBH if you're going to pick between Russia and Saudi Arabia in terms of which has the more hideously repressive and horrible ruling regime...it's going to be pretty close.

The Saudis just keep all their oppression in-house.

14 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Germany often look crap pre tournament, then look amazing when it starts.

Same with the Argies . . .

Germany's group is too easy though surely; Mexico, Sweden & S.Korea. They'll make it out of that but similarly to 2016 I think will splutter out of a knockout