Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

18 hours ago, Jonaldinho said:

Bang average player who is incredibly limited on the ball. Just about okay as a back up in the championship, nowhere near good enough in the PL. 

So bang average,he represents his home town club..which is far better than the donuts,that can spout out weekly posts..

Well done young man..Like a few other home born lads,A decent club professional..

finding you have more positives in your life than some tossers on here,that search FT..to see where their hole in the donut fits..

And that's my opinion..

• Like 3

On 27/09/2023 at 18:58, Vestan Pance said:

Nothing against him as he's a reasonable player at this level, but if our ambitions are for top half premier league then this is another contract we will struggle to get value from. What Maresca thinks now won't be relevant in 4 years.

...if Maresca has seen fit to extend his contract then he sees a player who he believes he can mould into a player capable of playing within his system!!!

So long as he works on stopping him from going to the ground, staying on his feet and gaining the knowledge of reading the game. He seems more assured so far in the work that he does and so long as he can control the need to fly into tackles, he will give whatever Maresca asks of him.

I’m not jumping on this as a bad deal with the renewal without the facts.

If it’s until 2027, it’s this year and 3 more. He’s shown he is a valuable member of the squad this season so it’s a maximum of 3 back at Premier League level.

If, the contract is on reduced terms, it is decent business for me. For those saying why would he take reduced wages, your answer may be in the 4 year deal. It would be a very likely scenario that he would accept reduced wages for longer security. If so, it helps us now and if we get back up, after a season of Enzo ball, he may be more valuable than he has previously been to us at that level and if not, still a decent player for the squad and cups on wages that are hopefully more realistic for his status in the squad back at that level. 

All I say is this. Some of the players our fans have written off as not good enough etc, even for us in the Championship, like Mendy, Perez, Soumare, are playing top tier football (even the Champions League).

The damage Rodgers had done is significant.

Enzo has seen something in Hamza. Let’s see. At least it is another who won’t leave on a free next summer.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

he's very coachable. As in the basics he can improve on massively under Maresca, but we already know he can run and tackle. 

maybe he can be moulded into an all-rounder!

He can be a Ndidi except Enzo may be able to coach positive passing into him.

I was quite disillusioned with him in the past, to be honest. Under Rodgers, he played the Ndidi role, and he was always so negative. He would mostly pass backwards, sideways at best, and often it appears he did not even want the ball. I thought he can never be a proper footballer. He does have better ball control compared to Ndidi, so who knows, maybe Enzo can coach him into a better more positive player.

I think he .might be better suited to the Ricardo role than Ricardo. Ricky gets robbed in midfield too often for my liking. Hamza is a more natural fit for midfield when we have possession (ie most of the time) 

Hamza obvs isn't a right back but he can make the recovery runs far better than Ricardo. 

I think JJ for Doyle and Hamza for Ricky immensely improves our defensive unit as we the  have the pace to recover from turnovers 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hamza is the perfect example of "Rodgers improves players" being a complete myth. 

It’s a funny one with Rodgers. 

Teams do seem to improve initially when he comes in. It’s only when he starts coaching in earnest and bringing his own players in that everything turns to shite 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Hamza is the perfect example of "Rodgers improves players" being a complete myth. 

I mean technically he did... by shipping him off on loan to Watford to get away from his sinking ship. :P

9 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

He can be a Ndidi except Enzo may be able to coach positive passing into him.

I was quite disillusioned with him in the past, to be honest. Under Rodgers, he played the Ndidi role, and he was always so negative. He would mostly pass backwards, sideways at best, and often it appears he did not even want the ball. I thought he can never be a proper footballer. He does have better ball control compared to Ndidi, so who knows, maybe Enzo can coach him into a better more positive player.

If Enzo can just make him comfortable to receive the ball and pass the ball it’ll improve him massively. 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

I think he .might be better suited to the Ricardo role than Ricardo. Ricky gets robbed in midfield too often for my liking. Hamza is a more natural fit for midfield when we have possession (ie most of the time) 

Hamza obvs isn't a right back but he can make the recovery runs far better than Ricardo. 

I think JJ for Doyle and Hamza for Ricky immensely improves our defensive unit as we the  have the pace to recover from turnovers 

I think this is enzo’s vision. He’s got Ricardos energy of pre injury but doesn’t have his ability on the ball. Should mean we see them rotate throughout the season so should be interesting to see how he develops. 

I think it needs mentioning the transformation of Hamza. He’s matured as a player. 

I wouldn’t say he’s all hustle and bustle anymore. He seems to be able to keep his head and not dive in needlessly. 

His football is also tidy. Doesn’t look uncomfortable on the ball as he once did. No doubt helped by the new style we’re playing giving him more passing options.

Filling in at fullback seamlessly of late.

Fair play to the lad (and Enzo). 

*cue an absolute howler

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 2

I.must be missing something.

Though he gave the ball away loads, messed up passes from his fellow defenders and lacked any positive play.

Apart from that he was okay!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

I.must be missing something.

Though he gave the ball away loads, messed up passes from his fellow defenders and lacked any positive play.

Apart from that he was okay!!

Agreed. Enzo mentioned how having a left footed player (ie Doyle) in this position opens the left side of the pitch up. Noticeable today that Hamza came back inside a good amount because of the fact he’s right footed (not his fault obviously) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Ricardo is completely  wasted playing where he is.

All he does is receive a pass and play it back to whoever gave it him.

Hes SO much better than that.

Sorry wrong thread...

Just now, Raj said:

Agreed. It's effective in the system but you want to see him have free reign, especially as he was always good at underlapping naturally anyway. Hope to see it mixed up next season

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

He’s one of the few players who can receive the ball in tight areas though?

When he comes to receive the ball he brings an opposition player with him pretty much every time.

Even if he gives it straight back, it can create space for others. It’s literally how we play now - Winks does the exact same a lot of the time.