Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

32 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

You say that but he was decent PL back up for a number of years we were successful until the whole club fell apart under Rodgers…

He played just over 50 premier league games in five seasons. 90 percent off the bench with most being 10 minute cameos. We can, and must, be aiming higher.

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

So many of our fans apparently know better than the manager who has just delivered nine wins out of ten and whose coaching ability has already been demonstrated with the complete transformation of Ndidi. Personally I'm happy to trust Enzo's judgment on this one.

Your forgetting that we would have won ten out if ten and beat Liverpool 10-0 tonight if anyone on here was in charge. Especially if it was me

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, eddylcfc said:

He played just over 50 premier league games in five seasons. 90 percent off the bench with most being 10 minute cameos. We can, and must, be aiming higher.

But we were discussing back up? They’re the kind of minutes you expect from a back up aren’t they? 

People do realise you need squad players prepared to play a low number of minutes right?

Not everyone in the squad can play 20 plus games. 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 1

If Enzo sees him as a part of the future then who am I to argue? He’s another player who has shown a clear improvement already this season, and finally with access to elite coaching, there is opportunity to kick on. And it’s always good to have people here who care passionately about the club.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

But we were discussing back up? They’re the kind of minutes you expect from a back up aren’t they? 

People do realise you need squad players prepared to play a low number of minutes right?

Not everyone in the squad can play 20 plus games. 

In my mind a backup is someone that can still come into the team (from the start) and perform at a high level. Hamza, for me, is nothing more than someone to throw on for ten mins when hanging onto a lead.

A 4 year deal for that type of player is lunacy.

If you think he’s worth that then I respect your opinion.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dames said:

If he’s still on 60 bags a week signing him to a four year deal this early in a Championship season is lunacy. Seems our board really haven’t learned much. 

Find that highly unlikely. He will of taken a cut on that as will have a relegation clause and traded some weekly wedge for the contract longevity. I bet its 30-40K

• Like 1

Enzo clearly likes him, he’ll have traded a lower weekly wage for a longer deal, he’s a home grown player who cares about the club and has rarely let us down. I think unfairly binned off by Brendan given the lack of belly for a fight in last seasons squad. Captained the team this season and I bet he captains us tonight. We then get resale value if it does become his time to move on. Good on him.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Thinking back a few years, hamza was the main holding midfielder for an England U21 side that included foden and madders.  Yes he let himself down with that red card v France but it shows that he must be technically able to carry the role at a high level.   Enzo must feel that he can bring him back to those levels if we’ve offered him a new deal 

I remember that and he was probably one of England's better players until that sending off. Like you say Enzo must feel that he can bring him back to those levels.

39 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Really don’t get the logic behind this one. Decent championship level player. Hopefully if we go up can’t see him featuring that often. 

I'm surprised how many people don't seem to get this! You might not agree with it but it's fairly easy to see the logic:

If we can and want to sell we net a 7/8 million pound that we wouldn't have got if he didn't sign a new deal and walked for free in June. 

If we can't or don't want to sell we have a versatile player, who the manager likes, whose pace and aggression is a real asset on the right side of defence. And is a home grown lad who loves it here. 

• Like 2