Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

He's in demand from other clubs, wants to be here and will more than likely take Wilf's place if the latter's upturn leads to him leaving.

This extension makes plenty of sense. We either cash in or he gets more regular minutes in future seasons. Enzo clearly sees something in him.

• Like 1

Good for him and good for the club.

He was close to MOM against Norwich and is a clear asset in this division.  Can cover Winks' and Ricardo's positions so is good for him to have some financial stability and for us too.  Means we can get a permenant or loan fee if we go up and he is deemed surplus then. 

Seems like a win, win to me. No transfer outlay for a youth product and good to have a player that gives a shit about Leicester.

Edited by Basildon Fox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Seventyseven said:

Barely good enough for the Championship.

Nowhere near good enough for the PL. 

i trust Enzo, the captains arm band shows Enzo rates his personality.

to go and replace him with a player at the same level you are talking a minimum of 5 million.

can play a few positions and is home grown.

he not going to be on 80k and week or even close.
has also been willing to go on loan so clearly not just bothered about the pay and sitting on his arse.

We need a mix and young hungry players and homegrown players who actually give a shit about the club. He always gives 100%

A sensible extension

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 2

Would have been a shame to lose him for nothing next summer, and I wonder if the 4yr is actually more beneficial than a 2-3yr from an FFP perspective. Assuming his wages aren't too high he's a good asset to the squad.

Main thing that surprises me is that Enzo has taken a shine to him! He always had a good engine on him but seemed to have limited footballing brain/technique to take a ball under pressure, be aware of his surroundings and ping it off at pace. Given that he's now 2nd choice by all accounts for Winks position he must have worked hard on that part of his game so fair play to him.

Wonder who else we might be in negotiations with...Vesty? Ndidi? Kelechi?

14 minutes ago, brookfox said:

Would have been a shame to lose him for nothing next summer, and I wonder if the 4yr is actually more beneficial than a 2-3yr from an FFP perspective. Assuming his wages aren't too high he's a good asset to the squad.

Main thing that surprises me is that Enzo has taken a shine to him! He always had a good engine on him but seemed to have limited footballing brain/technique to take a ball under pressure, be aware of his surroundings and ping it off at pace. Given that he's now 2nd choice by all accounts for Winks position he must have worked hard on that part of his game so fair play to him.

Wonder who else we might be in negotiations with...Vesty? Ndidi? Kelechi?

Ndidi definitely 

vesty I don’t think so

kelechi has been poor this season. He should be destroying championship defenders.

I don’t get the commotion… surely it shows that we have learned our lesson as we’ve tied down a sellable asset who I can’t imagine will be on ridiculous wages… he’ll be a valuable squad player this season and if Enzo doesn’t feel that’s the case next season (hopefully after promotion) I’m sure we’ll have no problem picking up a few quid for him

• Like 1

Needs a new contract, simply based on him being an asset that was losing value by nearing end of contract. However, not sure leadership comes naturally to him, see previous incidents. Although, Maresca may be grooming and nurturing him by openly praising him and giving him more responsibility. 

30 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Now play him tonight and give him the captain's armband. That would be some zen-level trolling. 

Its refreshing to see a player commit to leicester,  instead of sitting on the fence, giving lip service to the cause.

He now needs to step up to the next level,  good luck to him.

• Like 1

I think with a manager like Enzo who clearly believes in him, he will kick on. He's a decent player but was too aggressive in the challenge, a bit of a walking red.

Never really had a decent run in the team before either, just seemed to be used to fill in the cracks. He has a role now, and opportunity for plenty of games.. I think being given the responsibility of captain for the Norwich game will have lifted him too.

Could be a very good deal. If it don't work out for him, I'd imagine we will get a reasonable fee 

• Like 1

A few on here have already made their minds up about Hamza and think he's the worst thing since sliced bread(I live in France and sliced bread is sh*t).  I still think and always believed there is a half-decent footballer in there, he just needs to get his head down work hard, and have that little bit of luck, then he can kick on and have a decent career at the club.

• Like 1