Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

our fans 

“why do the club keep allowing people to leave for free” 

also our fans 

“why are we renewing someone’s contract” 

He’s improved a lot over the last season and those 4 years take him through to his prime. He has a part to play here this season and will be signed eventually by a team fighting for promotion in the championship. Relax guys lol

It really depends on the terms he's signed up too. If he's on anything like he was before then its a bad move because no team fighting for promotion is going to shell out more than 60 bags a week. 

If he's taken a cut and down to roughly half of that it might be a shrewd move but I don't see it, I imagine when/if we get promoted he will be back on the same terms as before which 2 years down the line will land us with the same problems we had when we went down, unable to shift on high earning squad players. No agent in their right mind would let their client sign a deal for worse terms at Hamzas age so there will be a considerable upside somewhere in his deal. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

The ones where we can't shift high earning squad players to make improvements. 

That's subjective in this instance. Enzo clearly sees he is worth hanging on to. He's already made a solid start and assured that is not only fancied by the manager, but is at least this level. I don't understand the issue really.

7 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

That's subjective in this instance. Enzo clearly sees he is worth hanging on to. He's already made a solid start and assured that is not only fancied by the manager, but is at least this level. I don't understand the issue really.

People love to moan and criticise. Any excuse!

40 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

A few on here have already made their minds up about Hamza and think he's the worst thing since sliced bread(I live in France and sliced bread is sh*t).  I still think and always believed there is a half-decent footballer in there, he just needs to get his head down work hard, and have that little bit of luck, then he can kick on and have a decent career at the club.

It almost sounds like you have also made your mind up :D

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

We had trouble shifting him last time we were in the Prem and we can't just go handing out 4 year deals to our high earners we will want to be shifting in a couple years time. It should have been a 2 year with an option for a 3rd really. 

31 minutes ago, ChrisFilter said:

People love to moan and criticise. Any excuse!

Well yes we got relegated when we should have been so very far from it and it was all down to decisions like these where we were over generous with contracts for bit part players. Its like people forget that we are in the Championship due to horrific mismanagement. A few good results against tinpot teams won't change that. 

I thought Hamza's time here was over under Rodgers. One swallow doesn't make a summer but he was impressive against Norwich.

If Enzo can reinvent his game and he can become a good squad player for us, even in the Premier League, this four-year deal will turn him into a good asset for us both on the pitch and financially.

He won't be required to be a Ricardo or a Winks, he'll be a different kind of midfielder/full-back, but he could really help us this season and possibly tempt a club to come in for him next summer.

48 minutes ago, Dames said:

The ones where we can't shift high earning squad players to make improvements. 

Firstly we don't know that he's high earning. We know nothing of the terms, conditions or clauses either way. 

Secondly, you would think that Maresca has had some sort of input into this after seeing him in training and his limited performances thus far. We don't know what sort of role he has in mind for him. Let's face it, from what limited appearance time he got under Rodgers, neither you or I really know what he's capable of.

Rodgers was like King Midas in reverse, instead of gold, everything he touched turned to shit! Thus far, his coaching is starting to get a tune out of everyone that stayed so why not Hamza?

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Firstly we don't know that he's high earning. We know nothing of the terms, conditions or clauses either way. 

Secondly, you would think that Maresca has had some sort of input into this after seeing him in training and his limited performances thus far. We don't know what sort of role he has in mind for him. Let's face it, from what limited appearance time he got under Rodgers, neither you or I really know what he's capable of.

Rodgers was like King Midas in reverse, instead of gold, everything he touched turned to shit! Thus far, his coaching is starting to get a tune out of everyone that stayed so why not Hamza?

Theres no way he’s signing a deal that was worse than the one he’s on. He would have got a half decent signing on fee if he went for free in the summer.

No doubt he’s wrangled a deal on previous terms once/if we get promoted. No agent in their right mind would let their client sign on long term for reduced terms at his age. 

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Theres no way he’s signing a deal that was worse than the one he’s on. He would have got a half decent signing on fee if he went for free in the summer.

No doubt he’s wrangled a deal on previous terms once/if we get promoted. No agent in their right mind would let their client sign on long term for reduced terms at his age. 

To be fair if he agent is switched on he realises that Hamza has been earning well beyond his ability, so why not keep milking the golden teet that is Leicester City. Even on 30k a week he's earning far more than he should.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We had trouble shifting him last time we were in the Prem and we can't just go handing out 4 year deals to our high earners we will want to be shifting in a couple years time. It should have been a 2 year with an option for a 3rd really. 

Well yes we got relegated when we should have been so very far from it and it was all down to decisions like these where we were over generous with contracts for bit part players. Its like people forget that we are in the Championship due to horrific mismanagement. A few good results against tinpot teams won't change that. 

But already this season (plus a full season a watford) he has shown he is a far more composed player than he was when he last played for us.  Give him a season here under maresca and alongside winks - who knows how good he might be.

7 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Nothing against him as he's a reasonable player at this level, but if our ambitions are for top half premier league then this is another contract we will struggle to get value from. What Maresca thinks now won't be relevant in 4 years.

Our ambitions are to get promoted, and if we manage that, to stay up - just because we've finished in the top half of the prem recently doesn't mean that that is a realistic expectation for us now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

4 years seems like excessive, especially since he was deemed surplus during our spell in the Prem. 

That was badman Rodgers doing,plus a few terrasse fans seen him being pushed aside as bewildering…..

Some don’t rate him,others do…We can’t afford 11 top stars,or even 7 high paid quality players..Its those club service-men

that balanced youngsters prefer to follow,plus their couple of star favourites,but I reckon it’s clubman through football are fondly remembered most…Stringfellow,Gibson,I.King,Norman,A.King,Amartey ,Schmeichel,James Even,then our old man Mr Leicester Vardy who became or made &worked himself to a well loved Leicester ( legend) and Even England player ( oppo fans). Choudhury,Albrighton,KDH,now Ndidi These name stick,

because they usually long enough around over ( football-generation) of fans…

11 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Nothing against him as he's a reasonable player at this level, but if our ambitions are for top half premier league then this is another contract we will struggle to get value from. What Maresca thinks now won't be relevant in 4 years.

We aren't in the position to be buying top half PL players right now.  Promotion this season, survival next season.  If we don't get promoted this season, we have to be well stocked for next year. Its going to be a tough few years.

• Like 1

I'd rather have him here as a decent versatile squad player with the possibility of a sale than lose him on a free like so many others last summer. Surprised it's 4 years rather than 2 or 3 but like so many have said we have no idea of the terms, wages or clauses. Like Big Jan, Cags, Praet and the rest he'd clearly been unimpressed with Rodgers treatment of him (he barely played after getting sent off two seasons back) and now looks happy and settled again, and that can only be good for us.

3 hours ago, Dames said:

It really depends on the terms he's signed up too. If he's on anything like he was before then its a bad move because no team fighting for promotion is going to shell out more than 60 bags a week. 

If he's taken a cut and down to roughly half of that it might be a shrewd move but I don't see it, I imagine when/if we get promoted he will be back on the same terms as before which 2 years down the line will land us with the same problems we had when we went down, unable to shift on high earning squad players. No agent in their right mind would let their client sign a deal for worse terms at Hamzas age so there will be a considerable upside somewhere in his deal. 

Why? He's out of contract at the ned of the season so he's not getting the same payrise as others who were in contract during relegation and hopeful promotion.