Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Theres no way he’s signing a deal that was worse than the one he’s on. He would have got a half decent signing on fee if he went for free in the summer.

No doubt he’s wrangled a deal on previous terms once/if we get promoted. No agent in their right mind would let their client sign on long term for reduced terms at his age. 

Not necessarily. Certainly other players will have had a relegation cut. He's bugger all else on offer has he! There's probably a promotion and other clauses, he either takes it or leaves it. I doubt any Premiership sides were in for him and I suspect we'd offer more than most other lower league sides. We can only really surmise what he actually was on and what he's on now.

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

two people agree with you 

He chases the ball around like a puppy and offers literally nothing on it - you pass it to him and it comes straight back. 

Unless Enzo can bring about some Ndidi-esque renaissance in him I don’t really get it. He was phased out when we were in the PL for not being good enough, had a year at Watford where he didn’t excel and now we’ve given him a four year deal. Give it 18 months and we’ll be wondering why we bothered. 

• Thanks 1

We really do need a Winks understudy. He controls everything. I like Hamza but he can’t play that role. It may sound mad but I’d rather see Hamza stand in for Ndidi as one of the 8s as I think his skill set most closely matches that of Wilf’s. I wonder whether we might be better with with Ricardo or even Praet standing in for Winks. Really hope he doesn’t get injured. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

The issue for me is not an extension but the length of time. 

I've always likee Hamza but we've all seen how quickly things can go wrong and althoug he is doing well now, what we're facing currently is a far cry from where we want to be.

If we get promoted, I think we will quite quickly get a sense of deja vu with him and people will be saying the exact same things they were in the last 18 months.

As long as its reasonable terms you need players to make up the numbers, especially given the amount of new players we are going to have to sign over the next couple of summers. 

Makes sense for Hamza too, will never do better than here probably, settled and seems happy enough to be a bit part footballer.