Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc sheff

Hamza Choudhury

16 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

He’s one of the few players who can receive the ball in tight areas though?

When he comes to receive the ball he brings an opposition player with him pretty much every time.

Even if he gives it straight back, it can create space for others. It’s literally how we play now - Winks does the exact same a lot of the time.

He set the goal up today did Ricardo 

39 minutes ago, Raj said:

I.must be missing something.

Though he gave the ball away loads, messed up passes from his fellow defenders and lacked any positive play.

Apart from that he was okay!!

So out of interest … who playing in the lcb position?

He started off well, made some good tackles, won a couple of headers and looked tidy in possession with simple passes.

At the end of the first half he misjudged a ball coming over his head and at the start of the second half Stoke targeted him but he seemed to settle down and again look fairly solid.

I wanna see more from Hamza, I like him and think once he gets confident we will see a much better player. He has bags of pace so I wanna see him bomb forward now and again and he’s so good at mopping up balls over the top or played in behind.

He deserves credit in our second goal because he made a positive move forward in his left cb spot by taking his man on and playing it inside which led to the goal.

He did well today but I think there’s a much better player in him, interesting to see how he develops under Enzo!

• Like 2

Showed a good turn of pace in the second half. You could see the slight limitations of having a right footer in that position but it’s not his fault. Thought overall he gave a good account of himself in what must be the first time he’s ever played that position. Was sceptical at first when Enzo warmed to him but he’s not let us down yet and is playing well.

Thought he slotted into an unfamiliar position well. Not unlike the way that Nathan Ake did for Man City last year albeit at a much lower level of opposition, but he is imo a good footballer and is quick, so could progress and benefit from regular football which he’s never had here. Another player that has improved from good coaching to go with Ndidi, Vestergaard, KDH also.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FLAN said:

I thought he looked really uncomfortable moving the ball today. So many times he could have played Fatawu early but took one too many touches. Just not a natural position for him. 

It amazes me how many footballers can't use their other foot. Anytime (most of the time) he wasn't perfectly placed to play it with his right foot he'd turn back on himself and go back to Vestergaard. The pass was on, Fatawu in acres of space if he'd just use his left foot to play a simple pass. KDH is the same with his right, turns down no end of opportunities just to avoid using his right foot. Surely given this obvious weakness to their games they should be working on this daily, but given it doesn't look like happening he'd be much more suited on the right and have Ricardo inverting from the left, his body shape will be what he's used to to play that pass to the right winger.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It amazes me how many footballers can't use their other foot. Anytime (most of the time) he wasn't perfectly placed to play it with his right foot he'd turn back on himself and go back to Vestergaard. The pass was on, Fatawu in acres of space if he'd just use his left foot to play a simple pass. KDH is the same with his right, turns down no end of opportunities just to avoid using his right foot. Surely given this obvious weakness to their games they should be working on this daily, but given it doesn't look like happening he'd be much more suited on the right and have Ricardo inverting from the left, his body shape will be what he's used to to play that pass to the right winger.

I remember when I played - not at any great level. I was very right footed but spent 12/18 months training using my left foot. I was never as good with it but became perfectly competent using it. You’d think these professional boys would do that because it adds so much to their game. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Doesn’t look comfortable making forward passes, got caught out twice with the ball over the top. However, he did make some good covering tackles due to his pace. He certainly wasn’t bad yesterday. 

Some of those recovery runs were impressive, especially late on.

Running like a City fan, good on him.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Agreed. It's effective in the system but you want to see him have free reign, especially as he was always good at underlapping naturally anyway. Hope to see it mixed up next season

One thing worth baring in mind though is its quite possibly no coincidence he's stayed fit so far this season and played a lot of football. They've eased the burden on his game, he's not up and down up and down all game.

It does seem a massive waste of his evident talents, especially at this level but we are a system team now, however clichéd that may sound and he's a vital cog in it.

• Like 3

I’ll let those of you who are more statistically literate debate how effective Hamza is in this new system. Passing accuracy is a measure but, as others have pointed out, that could be along the back line. How effective is his passing at breaking lines and driving our play forward?  I think a big part of Vestergaard’s redemption is that his ability to break lines makes him ideal for Enzo’s system. 

(I’m too easily confused by all these stats. I’d just about got my head around expected goals and then someone flashed some stats up for expected assists. I must admit that one blew my mind a little)

1 hour ago, lcfcsnow said:

Doesn’t say a lot for the academy does it?  I’m amazed a player can get to this level with an absolute refusal to use their other foot. I’m talking KDH more than Hamza btw 

58 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Doesn’t say a lot for the academy does it?  I’m amazed a player can get to this level with an absolute refusal to use their other foot. I’m talking KDH more than Hamza btw 

Same issue with Chilwell and Schlupp

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree. I'm a big fan of him. And that little extra edge he has is needed. They can't all be nice lads on the pitch.

I was surprised when I heard his When You're Smiling interview the other week - a very thoughtful, bright bloke in contrast to my impression of him as a youngster going through people 

so where are all the posts moaning about Hamza only using his right foot seeing as people love to jump on left footed players for doing it the other way? credit to lcfcsnow for pointing it out but there are normally loads in the KDH thread ...

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, jmono84 said:

At the end of the first half he misjudged a ball coming over his head and at the start of the second half Stoke targeted him but he seemed to settle down and again look fairly solid.

His hair needs strengthening! :P :D 

• 3 weeks later...