Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Alfie Mawson - Fulham

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm a big fan, just got to be mindful of that injury though. Him and Maddison with knee injuries and I'm sure we'd do thorough tests. 

Plastic hammer and a ‘feels okay, right?’

80k a week then it is.

Sign here.....

45 minutes ago, Choppalcfc said:

mawson is great player was swansea's best player by a hundred thousand miles

Thats not saying much really, Swansea have been terrible for about 3 years. Can't believe they stayed up another season after selling Williams & A.Ayew. Alfie scored a couple of goals against us but defensively, throughout the season he wasnt good enough, I wouldnt want him to replace Maguire if it comes to it.

Do people still consider these Squawka stats relevent? I know there's far more to the game than statistics but I think they still show value in specific attributes.

769628215_defendercomparison.thumb.png.1927fd09a5c441db4bc877deb95eb64e.png

1 hour ago, SpazticChicken said:

Thats not saying much really, Swansea have been terrible for about 3 years. Can't believe they stayed up another season after selling Williams & A.Ayew. Alfie scored a couple of goals against us but defensively, throughout the season he wasnt good enough, I wouldnt want him to replace Maguire if it comes to it.

Do people still consider these Squawka stats relevent? I know there's far more to the game than statistics but I think they still show value in specific attributes.

769628215_defendercomparison.thumb.png.1927fd09a5c441db4bc877deb95eb64e.png

i agree i dont want him to replace maguire but i wouldnt mind him at the club as a back up or even as a part of three at the back, he is also pretty decent at bringing the ball out from the back,

Edited by Choppalcfc

Yes to this.

It might happen... but if it did back 3/5 anyone?

Schmeichel

Periera Mawson Evans Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi Silva
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Iborra, Gray, Diabate & Slimani. 

Nice.

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 3

I love the way how so many people love to suggest 3 CB formations when preseason has not even once suggested Puel is considering 3/5 at the back given the formations in friendlies and the formations the manager has previously been happy to use.

Given the attacking fullbacks we’ve now got and the lack of Mahrez replacement I had assumed we might go for some kind of 532 or 541 formation but all the evidence suggests we’d rather play people out of position to accommodate 4 at the back than try 5.

41 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I love the way how so many people love to suggest 3 CB formations when preseason has not even once suggested Puel is considering 3/5 at the back given the formations in friendlies and the formations the manager has previously been happy to use.

Given the attacking fullbacks we’ve now got and the lack of Mahrez replacement I had assumed we might go for some kind of 532 or 541 formation but all the evidence suggests we’d rather play people out of position to accommodate 4 at the back than try 5.

It disgusts me. Square pegs in round holes with our current set-up should not be happening. Spend some money FFS. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

It disgusts me. Square pegs in round holes with our current set-up should not be happening. Spend some money FFS. 

Secretpro and Foxfan92 Who will play out of position if we don't play 3 at the back?

12 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Secretpro and Foxfan92 Who will play out of position if we don't play 3 at the back?

Just seems we are playing full backs as wingers in friendlies. 

I’d not be against 3 at the back but I don’t think it’ll happen. I wouldn’t be against playing Periera and Chilwell further forward if it works and they can help support our forward line. My point was people still asking/ suggesting 3 CBs when all the evidence seems to show we’re playing 4 at the back and not even thinking of anything else.

18 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

Just seems we are playing full backs as wingers in friendlies. 

I’d not be against 3 at the back but I don’t think it’ll happen. I wouldn’t be against playing Periera and Chilwell further forward if it works and they can help support our forward line. My point was people still asking/ suggesting 3 CBs when all the evidence seems to show we’re playing 4 at the back and not even thinking of anything else.

I think you know that these past friendlies have been about minutes in legs, yesterday's was the first time both Simpson and Ricardo have been able to play so in order to get both out he's pushed Ricardo forward, I've no issue with that, Puel states himself that these final 2 games will be more 1st teamers playing.

I'm not going to bog myself down with we must play this or that why formation wise but if, ok when we play 4 at the back it will turn into 3 at the back when we attack the 2 fullbacks will push up and DM drops so those that want 3 get their 3 and when we defend again DM should be covering the 2 CB making 5 at the back.

A decent read on formations/tactics all be it from 2013 but shows it's players and their ability to be flexible and reading of the game that gives a team the edge over the opponent and I for one think Puel is getting these types of players in.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/oct/24/formations-tactics-manchester-city

On 29/07/2018 at 07:51, Ashley said:

Yes to this.

Schmeichel

Periera Mawson Evans Maguire Chilwell
Ndidi Silva
Maddison
Iheanacho Vardy

Subs: Ward, Morgan, Fuchs, Iborra, Gray, Diabate & Slimani. 

Nice.

Versus ..                                    

Schmeichel

Periera Evans Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Iborra Ndidi Maddison

Vardy Okazaki 

Wonder who'd win ?? ...     :)

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Versus ..                                    

Schmeichel

Periera Evans Maguire Fuchs

Albrighton Iborra Ndidi Maddison

Vardy Okazaki 

Wonder who'd win ?? ...     :)

You think Morgan won't start? :nigel: