Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Alfie Mawson - Fulham

13 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Periera---Mawson---Maguire---Chilwell

:wub:

3 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

I like Chilwell but if we want to progress we need two, reliable fullbacks that can defend and attack.

I wonder whether we'll see Chilwell in midfield more often next season - he could potentially become a very apt left midfielder.

With him, it's often a neither/nor situation right now, susceptible as a defender, and not your typical winger.

But of course, I'd be happy if we had our very own version of Leighton Baines developing in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

I wonder whether we'll see Chilwell in midfield more often next season - he could potentially become a very apt left midfielder.

With him, it's often a neither/nor situation right now, susceptible as a defender, and not your typical winger.

But of course, I'd be happy if we had our very own version of Leighton Baines developing in the next couple of years.

He doesn't seem to be able to cross the ball that well or beat a man that easily either. What he does have is a good first touch and pace and drive but not sure he will make it as a winger at this level.

I'd think his best chance to be a top Prem player, is to improve his defensive skills as a LB or play as a wing back in front of a back 3. 

• Like 1

Mawson or Dragovic alongside Maguire would be ideal for next season.

Huth's gone, sell Benny, make Wes third/fourth choice, then sign Issa Diop or Duje Caleta-Car for the future :thumbup:

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

He doesn't seem to be able to cross the ball that well or beat a man that easily either. What he does have is a good first touch and pace and drive but not sure he will make it as a winger at this level.

I'd think his best chance to be a top Prem player, is to improve his defensive skills as a LB or play as a wing back in front of a back 3. 

correct, he would never be a premiership midfielder simply does not have the attributes. 

Edited by les-tah

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

I agree, he needs to work on his crosses - but remember the ball he put into the box for Iborra to head it in the Brighton away game. He has the skill.

Chilwell possesses the raw talent and now has some pretty decent Premier League experience on his CV - next season, one can expect him stepping up a bit.

If he manages to emulate somebody like Leighton Baines, then we're onto a winner.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sylofox said:

I've seen as low as £11m mentioned

2 hours ago, notnow john said:

He's just had a knee op and won't be ready for the start of the season so 

until he's successfully rehabilitated I can't see anyone risking it.

That may explain the low figure I've seen.

9 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I like Chilwell but if we want to progress we need two, reliable fullbacks that can defend and attack.

Chillwell will improve next year I'm sure.

We need to believe in Chillwell and I'm sure we will end up with a great player on our hands.  For free!

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2