Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Alfie Mawson - Fulham

33 minutes ago, Bunyip said:

What sort of swap?

No clue. Just if Swansea are keen on King and we are keen on Mawson we both have an asset the other is interested in. Seems mutually beneficial but wouldn't like to guess how the clubs would go about that. Could be anything from part exchange to accepting agreed lower fees I suppose.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

No clue. Just if Swansea are keen on King and we are keen on Mawson we both have an asset the other is interested in. Seems mutually beneficial but wouldn't like to guess how the clubs would go about that. Could be anything from part exchange to accepting agreed lower fees I suppose.

Ulloa, Benalouane and King for Mawson would be nice. :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Ulloa, Benalouane and King for Mawson would be nice. :D

Haha putting together our best bargain bundle there.

I think something along the lines of the equivalent of £10-15mil + King would garner their attention. That being said they were previously interested in Ulloa too.

19 hours ago, foxes21 said:

I like Chilwell but if we want to progress we need two, reliable fullbacks that can defend and attack.

Ben Chilwell will become a better player season after season until he's about 25. He'll be a regular pick within the England squad within that time as well I reckon. When was the last time we produced a player of Chilwell's quality and potential? Gotta be Heskey. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Ben Chilwell will become a better player season after season until he's about 25. He'll be a regular pick within the England squad within that time as well I reckon. When was the last time we produced a player of Chilwell's quality and potential? Gotta be Heskey. 

Joe Mattock :ph34r:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Bunyip said:

What sort of swap?

Hamer, Benny, Morgan, Fuchs, Amartey, James, King, kaputska, mendy, ulloa and musa for Mawson. 

.....That 11 could see them bounce back up. Lol.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I would be shocked and amazed if Chilwell continues to be picked in a 4 man defence at left back - he is never a left back and we need to pick Fuchs whilst we find someone who can defend - I could see Chilwell as a left wing back maybe....

Sadly, he does not sense or smell danger defensively and that is very difficult to teach as he has made no improvement defensively since first breaking into the team

Full backs are basically secondary wingers in the puel formation. I'd be stunned if Chilwe'll isn't first choice next season.

9 hours ago, LCCFox96 said:

Not sure King wants to drop out of the prem though.

12 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Hamer, Benny, Morgan, Fuchs, Amartey, James, King, kaputska, mendy, ulloa and musa for Mawson. 

Sounds the perfect answer! let's get it done! lol

• Like 2

There are some good young centre backs out there at the moment, Alfie Mawson, Ben Gibson, Jack Stephens.

Personally, I'd like to see two of those three join us.

If only take one, then best thing we can do is ask Maguire who he would like to play alongside him next season.

Above all we need to keep Maguire because over the next few years he is going to become an immense centre half, not unlike the departing Huth, so make him Captain and ask him who he wants on his shoulder.

On 17/05/2018 at 23:12, Foxy_Bear said:

It's scary that we can make a full starting 11 of utter dross. Only one on that list I'd keep is amartey

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It's scary that we can make a full starting 11 of utter dross. Only one on that list I'd keep is amartey

The only 'utter dross' in there is Benny and Musa. The rest have either surpassed any role they were brought in to play, served their role admirably, or haven't had a chance for different reasons.

• Like 4

On 19/05/2018 at 12:06, wardyfox86 said:

The only 'utter dross' in there is Benny and Musa. The rest have either surpassed any role they were brought in to play, served their role admirably, or haven't had a chance for different reasons.

I'm not saying that they haven't contributed during their time here but the majority on that list are no longer good enough and yes I would go as far as to say they are dross. Nowhere near the level we are at now and we should be looking to replace all of them.