Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Alfie Mawson - Fulham

9 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Tragic the mess we find ourselves in right now in with regards to CB's. Johnson had better play over Benny. 

But this mess we find ourselves in has been 3 or 4 years coming!!!

It's hardly crept up on us, it's not come as a surprise!

It was arguably on the horizon the summer before we won the league and we've hardly done **** all about it.

Maybe I have been harsh on Rudkin and the recruitment in recent year but the mess we find ourselves in right now I can't describe any other way than a pathetic shambles.

Edited by Matt

What I find strange is that every other premier league club fan can say that they also missed out on Mawson a part from maybe Man City I cant think of another club that he wouldn’t challenge for the starting 11

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

It was arguably on the horizon the summer before we won the league and we've hardly done **** all about it.

Maybe I have been harsh on Rudkin and the recruitment in recent year but the mess we find ourselves in right now I can't describe any other way than a pathetic shambles.

You are not wrong there.   Failure to plan beyond Huth and Morgan in any other large business would result in a major internal inquiry.

11 minutes ago, Shipman Out said:

Puel is an absolute joke not going in for Mawson.

Tbf, it's the one thing i'll not point the finger at Puel for.

I've never blamed a manager for signings in the past, be it poor or lack of in the past so it'd be very hypocritical of me to start now.

It's also the reason I dispel most arguments that 'Puel needs a summer to bring in his players'.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Tbf, it's the one thing i'll not point the finger at Puel for.

I've never blamed a manager for signings in the past, be it poor or lack of in the past so it'd be very hypocritical to start now.

It's also the reason I dispel any argument that 'Puel needs a summer to bring in his players'.

You do realise that when people say that, they mean the sort of player he wants... like an attacking right back, ball playing ball and a ball playing 10. 

The He manager sets out what type of player he wants, he might not scout 100 players to find them but it should be based on his style.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Done nothing about it, other than sign two new centre backs. Yep, done nothing.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Done nothing about it, other than sign two new centre backs. Yep, done nothing.

Hardly done nothing about it, two centre backs or not the fact we find ourselves going into another season with Morgan and Benalouane proves that point.

Maguire isn't back, Evans injured, that's unfortunate, but it still isn't good enough and highlights our lack of strength in depth that after those two we have to rely on Morgan and Benalouane.

Meanwhile out of those two, we'll be likely to lose one of them next summer, ok, it's another year away but perhaps we should be planning for the future, one step ahead and all that to some extent, nah...**** it, let's just panic buy next summer instead or rely on someone who should have retired or dropped down a level a year ago.

Edited by Matt

The amount of panicky reactions in this thread... Again resembling the ones we saw after the Udinese friendly.

We've missed out on Mawson, but maybe that's down to other reasons than just "not being interested" or "Fulham's offer being better".

Maybe we couldn't consider a move due to our wage structure, maybe we were never interested in the first place, maybe we tried and the player thought differently, maybe working under Puel isn't an attractive proposition, maybe the dressing room at Fulham is a bit different than ours, maybe London's a better place to live than Leicester (sadly).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You do realise that when people say that, they mean the sort of player he wants... like an attacking right back, ball playing ball and a ball playing 10. 

The He manager sets out what type of player he wants, he might not scout 100 players to find them but it should be based on his style.

Ball playing ball? Wouldn’t that be like, remote control?  Cheating.