Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

46 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/thenewcityground/

Plans announced by Notts F*rest to redevelop the City Ground. I always thought they were restricted due to right for light by the neighbouring terraced houses. Gues I was wrong!

Just saw this. They've been trying to rebuild that old main stand for years (I hear they now call it the Peter Taylor stand - they like naming stands after rival teams' managers it seems - the one opposite is named after an old Derby manager!)

They must have found a way to resolve the issue of the light to the houses on Colwick Road (which led to the Bridgford Stand having the unusual roof). Ironically, I think, the club actually owns those houses - but they were not able to resolve the light issue when that was redeveloped.

Personally, I've always like the City Ground as a football ground, pre and post redevelopment. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Just saw this. They've been trying to rebuild that old main stand for years (I hear they now call it the Peter Taylor stand - they like naming stands after rival teams' managers it seems - the one opposite is named after an old Derby manager!)

They must have found a way to resolve the issue of the light to the houses on Colwick Road (which led to the Bridgford Stand having the unusual roof). Ironically, I think, the club actually owns those houses - but they were not able to resolve the light issue when that was redeveloped.

Personally, I've always like the City Ground as a football ground, pre and post redevelopment. 

Begrudgingly it’s a very well situated stadium and it’s going to look all the better after this redevelopment.

They won’t be having the largest stadium in the East Midlands tag for long though!

1 minute ago, Fox in the North said:

Begrudgingly it’s a very well situated stadium and it’s going to look all the better after this redevelopment.

They won’t be having the largest stadium in the East Midlands tag for long though!

Yes, I also note they are building a museum - ideal for their achievements! 

11 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes, I also note they are building a museum - ideal for their achievements! 

I mean, I despise them and they've done nothing of any real note since colour television – but I don't quite get the sarcasm here. They won the biggest prize in club football, twice. What's wrong with celebrating that?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Langston said:

I mean, I despise them and they've done nothing of any real note since colour television – but I don't quite get the sarcasm here. They won the biggest prize in club football, twice. What's wrong with celebrating that?

We will know how they feel in 30 years time when we're still banging on about 2016l

Leeds in the Prem, could be quite good. I know by and large their fans are usually trouble to deal with but having them sat close and winding Liverpool and the Manchester clubs up could be fairly entertaining, Bielsa too. They looked really tidy in the first half

Surely Leeds and Norwich from here?

I know Sheff Utd are well in the mix but christ looking at that squad how on earth are they where they are.

Working just 2 minutes from Carrow Road obviously hope Norwich keep it going and have a soft spot after years here.

Used to love Birmingham as an away day so Norwich, Leeds, Birmingham would be decent.