Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Want Derby to come up to we have at least 2 interesting games next season (I work in Derby) - can't bring myself to get excited when we play the bournemouths and brightons of this world - non events 

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Definite dive by Lawrence in that game wonder if he will be retrospectively punished?

I disagree, his foot that’s about to land is contacted altering his stride and balance. Definite penalty.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tinman said:

I disagree, his foot that’s about to land is contacted altering his stride and balance. Definite penalty.

Clear as bloody day Tin ...  already said ...  don’t know what they are rattling on about ...    defo pen.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Derby aren't our rivals. I never got up for a game against them. Local game yes but not rivals  

Would like them to come up because a) they are a poor side and b) it's nailed on 6 points for us. They'll be like Huddersfield.

I always felt the Derby games to be more intense, especially given the play off history too. Seems to be more edge to the game when we play Derby. For me anyway.

5 hours ago, Mark_w said:

I hate to sound like some weird fanboy who defends him in pointless arguments that nobody else cares about, but Waggy can't start for a team chasing the play-offs huh @Manwell Pablo ? :nigel:

And 10 years later mark finally has his day. ? 

They’d of done much better for they’d signed someone better tbf he’s not had a great season and he’s not overly popular at Derby but fair play to him to him today got  his goal.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

6 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Can’t wait for Derby to fail in the play offs again. 

Keogh breaking into tears as the ref blows up for the end of their playoff defeat is probably the best bit of the championship season.

The one against Hull the other year was incredible, they seemingly had about 6 cameramen on the touchline at the final whistle ready to sprint over to him.

• Haha 4

I’m happy for derby and even Forest to come up, but only once our training ground has been built and our ground expanded. I want them to mess around with the hope of getting promoted while we firmly entrench ourselves as the long term, higher level club in the East Midlands.

Well out of the four Leeds, Villa, West Brom & Derby, I’d personally like to see Derby win the play offs. 

Villa and West Brom have had recent opportunities, Leeds can rot for eternity in any division as far as I care, as I have always struggled with their fans since the Filbert Street days.

And I quite like Derby and they’re an underdog in this fight. I’m supposed to hate them as a Leicester supporter but if I’m honest it feels like those years have gone and there is now a chasm of difference between the clubs and I’d like to see them and Lampard get a chance in the Premier League.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I’m happy for derby and even Forest to come up, but only once our training ground has been built and our ground expanded. I want them to mess around with the hope of getting promoted while we firmly entrench ourselves as the long term, higher level club in the East Midlands.

We already are bigger, anyone saying Derby and Forest are bigger than us because they won stuff before a lot of their fans were even born is a bit like saying Preston are bigger than West Ham because they won the league in the 1880s.

18 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We already are bigger, anyone saying Derby and Forest are bigger than us because they won stuff before a lot of their fans were even born is a bit like saying Preston are bigger than West Ham because they won the league in the 1880s.

I know we’re currently bigger, but things can change and easily go wrong. I’d just like us to keep cracking on with what we’re doing and building our infrastructure. Not to mention, finishing in the top 10 and some cup finals while the other two just battle it out for the ickle clough tea cup. 

Best play off line-up for years that, all big clubs, good away days and would be happy for any of them to come up really. Hoping for Leeds to do it but can't see it with the form they're in. 

• Like 1