Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

that was a bit naughty of Leeds though really. Whether he "meant" to do that I don't know. He looks like he slows down and is going to stroke the ball out then changes his mind. 

Good old fashioned dust up after the goal. Then the best bit; Leeds decide to do the "sporting" thing by allowing Villa to score but Jannsen has other ideas! 

Edited by stripeyfox

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

So, with one or two matches to go, the playoff picture will highly likely look like this:

Leeds - Derby

West Brom - Aston Villa

Still the Villa to come up for me.

WBA for me. Would be nice for Harvey (and a confidence boost too) considering he contributed so much to the first half of their season.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

WBA for me. Would be nice for Harvey (and a confidence boost too) considering he contributed so much to the first half of their season.

I really hope it's not the Baggies, but I could see them grinding it out.

Rather see any of the other three.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

that was a bit naughty of Leeds though really. Whether he "meant" to do that I don't know. He looks like he slows down and is going to stroke the ball out then changes his mind. 

Good old fashioned dust up after the goal. Then the best bit; Leeds decide to do the "sporting" thing by allowing Villa to score but Jannsen has other ideas! 

Sorry but no, Villa players are ridiculous for suggesting Leeds should have put the ball out of play. 

The Leeds player slowed down because several players ran towards him like the Villa player was seriously injured, which he wasn’t.

He probably realised that despite the ludicrous body language of the Villa players there was in fact no foul and no head injury, so he rightly played on because it’s a physical sport where far too much time is wasted with players on the floor already. There has never been anything in the rules or a sportsmanship precedent to say kick the ball out. That’s a new thing and not a good one.

That match sums up how the game has gone to the dogs because kicking the ball out of play shouldn’t have even been in their mind. It wasn’t a head injury, it wasn’t a bad tackle, the player was fine. And Don Goodman once again made himself look an absolute Pillock for talking about morality in that instance. Then you’ve got some turd getting someone sent off by faking an injury.

Frankly, the fans deserve more than having to wait for the football while all this ‘injury’ nonsense goes on for another couple of minutes.

Let’s have less diving and less kicking the ball out for everyone who winces. It’s becoming unwatchable. And the idea that footballers can claim that they are so sporting and moral that everybody else should be as righteous as them is laughable. They are nothing but cheats the lot of them, there’s not an honest one out there.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

Sorry but no, Villa players are ridiculous for suggesting Leeds should have put the ball out of play. 

The Leeds player slowed down because several players ran towards him like the Villa player was seriously injured, which he wasn’t.

He probably realised that despite the ludicrous body language of the Villa players there was in fact no foul and no head injury, so he rightly played on because it’s a physical sport where far too much time is wasted with players on the floor already. There has never been anything in the rules or a sportsmanship precedent to say kick the ball out. That’s a new thing and not a good one.

That match sums up how the game has gone to the dogs because kicking the ball out of play shouldn’t have even been in their mind. It wasn’t a head injury, it wasn’t a bad tackle, the player was fine. And Don Goodman once again made himself look an absolute Pillock for talking about morality in that instance. Then you’ve got some turd getting someone sent off by faking an injury.

Frankly, the fans deserve more than having to wait for the football while all this ‘injury’ nonsense goes on for another couple of minutes.

Let’s have less diving and less kicking the ball out for everyone who winces. It’s becoming unwatchable. And the idea that footballers can claim that they are so sporting and moral that everybody else should be as righteous as them is laughable. They are nothing but cheats the lot of them, there’s not an honest one out there.

I'm a bit torn on this Kitch to be honest. My initial reaction was that I could understand why Villa were so angry about it. He does slow down and it looks like he's going to put it out, but he's looking down the line and plays the forward in. Play to the whistle is what I taught my U8's when I was coaching. Also, they did change the advice a couple of years back I think to allow teams to continue. o Leeds didn't really do anything wrong, apart from the fact the guy looked like he was going to put it out.

I hope Leeds go up because their manager is fookin crazy - would be good to see him in the Prem!