Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

Championship 2018-2019

Sheff Utd, the indirect beneficiaries of the strange incidents at Elland Road, were themselves involved in a very similar situation in an FA Cup match at Arsenal 20 years ago. The Gunners scored when someone was injured, and won as a result. But Arsene Wenger insisted that the tie should be replayed, which it was. There is sportsmanship in football.

18 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

that was a bit naughty of Leeds though really. Whether he "meant" to do that I don't know. He looks like he slows down and is going to stroke the ball out then changes his mind. 

Good old fashioned dust up after the goal. Then the best bit; Leeds decide to do the "sporting" thing by allowing Villa to score but Jannsen has other ideas! 

Isn't this the whole crux of the argument, or is it just everyone missing the point. It's not that Leeds didn't put it out, it's that they seemed to suggest they were going to and carried on. Leeds should obviously have carried on at full speed regardless. It drives me mad how both sides grind to a halt when someone is down. It does nothing to stop the feigning of injuries to hold up play.

That being said, it was compelling TV, scenes we absolutely no not want to see in football.

26 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Hope it's a Villa Leeds play off final lol 

Nah, let's have West Brom - Derby. The whole media narrative about how the Premier League is lessened by the missing presence of so-called "giants" like Leeds and Villa can bore right off.

The only thing either have contributed to football in the past decade was Tim Sherwood's depressive episode after Nathan Dyer's late winner. And Marc Albrighton. :ph34r:

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 1

For me Leeds should absolutely have played on he wasn’t hurt and it wasn’t a head injury, and instead, the villa players rather than losing focus and running around demanding the ball being kicked should have worked to win the ball back and then kicked it out themselves. 

To me it it looked like 2/3 villa players ran at the wide player screaming at him to kick it out, he slowed down unsure of what was happening and kicked the ball down the line to the player who went on to score. Those players must have heard the phrase play to the whistle.

If you think about how often teams kick the ball back from throw ins after players have gone down overreacting to a slight knock, this would become even more of a tactic than it is now to slow down, disrupt and break up the rhythm of the opposition, imagine if we played like that yesterday, Arsenal’s possession stats would have gone up 20% the amount of diving they do.

If I was a villa fan I’d be fuming with my team for being unprofessional and stopping expecting the ball to be kicked out, if I was a Leeds fan I’d be fuming about letting the score.

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

For me Leeds should absolutely have played on he wasn’t hurt and it wasn’t a head injury, and instead, the villa players rather than losing focus and running around demanding the ball being kicked should have worked to win the ball back and then kicked it out themselves. 

To me it it looked like 2/3 villa players ran at the wide player screaming at him to kick it out, he slowed down unsure of what was happening and kicked the ball down the line to the player who went on to score. Those players must have heard the phrase play to the whistle.

If you think about how often teams kick the ball back from throw ins after players have gone down overreacting to a slight knock, this would become even more of a tactic than it is now to slow down, disrupt and break up the rhythm of the opposition, imagine if we played like that yesterday, Arsenal’s possession stats would have gone up 20% the amount of diving they do.

If I was a villa fan I’d be fuming with my team for being unprofessional and stopping expecting the ball to be kicked out, if I was a Leeds fan I’d be fuming about letting the score.

Well he's gonna miss the rest of the season so I dispute this bit lol

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Nah, let's have West Brom - Derby. The whole media narrative about how the Premier League is lessened by the missing presence of so-called "giants" like Leeds and Villa can bore right off.

The only thing either have contributed to football in the past decade was Tim Sherwood's depressive episode after Nathan Dyer's late winner. And Marc Albrighton. :ph34r:

That Villa squad maybe 2010ish? was decent. Marc, Milner, Barry, Young, the 2 Yankee keepers and some other lads. Wasn't Heskey there too? 

On 28/04/2019 at 18:18, MC Prussian said:

So, with one or two matches to go, the playoff picture will highly likely look like this:

Leeds - Derby

West Brom - Aston Villa

Still the Villa to come up for me.

Can't think of better play-off semis in a long time, Leeds vs Derby El Bottlico and then a brummie derby to boot. Been a fantastic year for the champ, i'd take either 4 of them coming up to. 

8 minutes ago, Super_horns said:
Seems like Bassini hasn't got the funds to officially take over Bolton - for now.

Probably won't at any point. 

1 minute ago, stripeyfox said:

Bolton are an absolute disaster. Terrible state of affairs really. 

What a fall from grace. To think that they were once a relatively regular guest in the Premier League.

Even played in the UEFA Cup at one point.

And... Fredi Bobic. lol

On 28/04/2019 at 14:27, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Nope. Definitely WBA for me. Would also mean Vardy gets to score yet again at his favourite end in football and flick the v's to their fans.

I have to ask - is there a backstory to this I’m not aware of? Vardy always mugs off opposing fans - which is one of the many reasons I love him - but he definitely goes the extra mile at the Hawthorns 

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:
Seems like Bassini hasn't got the funds to officially take over Bolton - for now.

Probably won't at any point. 

Really didnt like Bolton in the Premier League, particularly the first few years and *cough* small mention of beating us 5-0 at Filbert Street....

But to see any club in such a bad state is sad.

Edited by Nalis

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Reckon Derby deserve a shot at improving their record tbh, Huddersfield were dangerous close to taking it this year.

After seeing them at the weekend I think they have a solid chance to do this if they go up... 

They won't however but if they did at least we'd also have a guaranteed 6 points from our games against them as per usual.