Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
EnderbyFox

Slimani - Wants to leave

Just now, MC Prussian said:

And you can't just terminate a running contract before its expiry date without paying attention to all clauses, just because you feel like ending it. All three players could and should be held accountable for breach of contract. And their agent(s), as well. The real culprits and instigators of that training ground invasion story have still not fully been determined. What is clear is that it was a despicable act of violence and intimidation.

Sporting are a mess, but so are the agent forces in Portugal. It's an eternal struggle. Only a few clubs can afford not to play a rigged game, where they act as the prostitute and agents as pimps. You could also see this story as an attempt to further undermine Sporting and its president, trying to force him into becoming a part of the "game", too.

Obviously they haven't terminated because they feel like ending it, I never implied something so simplistic. I know it's Portugal but in the UK there would be multitude of reasons why being victim to a despicable act of violence and intimidation would be grounds for a breach of contract without holding those electing to walk away being held accountable. For example, where the employee believes they have been the victim to an incident or conduct that seriously damages or destroys the relationship of trust and confidence in the employer or a case of constructive dismissal to name a few. That's before you even consider the violence and abuse and whilst I've never seen a football contract, as I'm sure most haven't, I'm sure the player's personal rights and security are guaranteed in some form within the document. I have no idea how this might translate into Portuguese law, nor am I saying the players/agents will have been squeaky clean in the process but surely they'd have grounds for self-termination. 

The club clearly haven't instigated the training ground invasion either but that's beside the point as for it to get to that point some form of gross mismanagement has occurred. An interesting story with a lot of underhand play from all areas I'm sure. Stuff to come out of it still. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Scp will wait until our window has shut and then find themselves in the box seat to drive a hard bargain

Here it is but as it states probably a non story, we'll see 

Screenshot_20180802-180557.png

Ffs just sell him! I can’t believe we are still debating this. None of our managers have fancied him much, he cost the ass-end of 30 million quid and let’s face it, we’ve been shafted.

Recoup some losses and tell whomever scouted him and signed him to not be so silly again..

• Like 3
  • Haha 1