Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mo-rima

Riyad finally gone

Just now, ithuriel said:

Same ring and watch from the other pic from the looks of things:dunno:

It wasn't so much that as whether someone had added the 'Manchester City' to a plain black t-shirt afterwards.

If that is actually what he was wearing, I've lost a bit more respect for him, not sure why but that's how I feel on viewing that picture and I'm far from a Mahrez complainant normally. I suppose I can understand his excitement at the move he's wanted for a while now but the t-shirt just looks crass if it's legit.

1 hour ago, norwichfox said:

Who is it?

Some Primark model I think.

44 minutes ago, Max Wall said:

I could make myself look a mug here but is that a serious, (not photoshopped) picture?

As serious as it gets

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Nah mate, too many here would be happy to see him fail, just like so much fans enjoyed DD's unlucky spell with Chelsea.

I might have joined since June, but I've followed this forum - and this team especially - long enough to know that you're a balanced, clever poster. But when it comes to Mahrez, you and some others, which I actually read with pleasure, become blinded because of a false sense of loyalty which never belonged to professional football, bar a couple of exceptions. He ain't even english, has no roots, no attach here so it was clear that he would leave us at some point.

The cynical part of me thinks that if he didn't go on strike, he'd never had his move. Sad thing that it came to this, but I'll never forget what he brought to us. Had he been injured whilst still playing with us, I could see-half masted flags.

It ain't right. The bloke did this due here, no matter what happened. He's still our first PFA ever and god knows when we'll get our second one. 

Credit where it's due. He moved on, we move on. No grudges, no hostility. The best for both parts.

How can you begrudge some fans taking the mick out of Mahrez? It's their choice and I can certainly understand where they're coming from.

Commenting on Mahrez doesn't make me "blinded because of a false sense of loyalty", no one in their right state of mind would expect players to stay loyal to a club for more than three, four years, unless they've come through the youth academy and/or are a special kind of player with a special sense of loyalty, like Totti, for instance.

In Mahrez' case, the two transfer requests, his January transfer window tantrums and other instances where he didn't show up for training or too late make for a bit of embarrassing reading. And he's clearly been ill-advised a few times by his entourage in recent months and years.

Besides, just to make this clear: Mahrez wasn't our first PFA player ever. There have been plenty of LCFC players who made it to the PFA TOTY, albeit most of them in the Second Division/Championship.

Three other players made it into the FPA TOTY in 2015/2016 - Schmeichel, Morgan and Vardy.

What you probably mean is PFA Players' Player of the Year, which is a different award. The award could only go to one player, Mahrez got it and certainly deserved it - despite the fact that Vardy ended up ahead of him in terms of total goals and assists combined that season (32 vs 28).

Edited by MC Prussian

49 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Nah mate, too many here would be happy to see him fail, just like so much fans enjoyed DD's unlucky spell with Chelsea.

I might have joined since June, but I've followed this forum - and this team especially - long enough to know that you're a balanced, clever poster. But when it comes to Mahrez, you and some others, which I actually read with pleasure, become blinded because of a false sense of loyalty which never belonged to professional football, bar a couple of exceptions. He ain't even english, has no roots, no attach here so it was clear that he would leave us at some point.

The cynical part of me thinks that if he didn't go on strike, he'd never had his move. Sad thing that it came to this, but I'll never forget what he brought to us. Had he been injured whilst still playing with us, I could see-half masted flags.

It ain't right. The bloke did this due here, no matter what happened. He's still our first PFA ever and god knows when we'll get our second one. 

Credit where it's due. He moved on, we move on. No grudges, no hostility. The best for both parts.

If you consider MC to be ‘a balanced, clever poster’ you’ve not been on here long enough mi old son...

I agree with you. Mahrez has been one of City’s best ever players (some would say THE best) and, like Kante, he has propelled our club to the best days that many of us will ever see.

I read with dismay, on this very fickle bloody forum, how Kante was being slagged off for leaving us. He then, of course, went on to win the Prem title all over again and now the World Cup.

I have no ill feeling toward Mahrez nor have I any inclination to take the piss out of him. He has done wonders for this football club and no little berk on here is going to tell me otherwise.

;)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Max Wall said:

lol I can't believe I've just read a Len Fairclough reference. I don't think I've seen that for about 25 years. Didn't half make me laugh, not sure whether to be ashamed of that or not. 

As long as you weren't in Gary's gang as well you should be OK!  ?