Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

12 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Talk about over excitement . Yes it was a good solo run but the defending was shocking there was 2 against 4 for god sake they should have had that covered plus the keeper got a hand to it . 

“plus the keeper got a hand to it” had me in bits here, great post 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Xen said:

He was subbed off in early games because he's a teenager and new to the club, and was still adapting to that level of football. Considering he scored on his league debut I'm not sure how you can call him ineffective...

I’m going of what I have seen and what the media and WBA fans themselves  have said on his early games . I have read a few thing from the fans saying he wasn’t involved for huge parts of the game in fact some stating  he’d go missing for huge parts  . So I would class that as ineffective yes 

Edited by baldeagle

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He's drifted in games a lot, that's the view of their fans. The consistency thing has followed him about, can pop up with moments of magic, but often he's missing in games. He's 20, that's going to happen... I just think people should temper their expectations a tad so we're not putting unrealistic expectations on him too early.

My point exactly. I’m not slating  him one bit and I’m glad he’s doing well but people are getting a bit carried away . 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

He's drifted in games a lot, that's the view of their fans. The consistency thing has followed him about, can pop up with moments of magic, but often he's missing in games. He's 20, that's going to happen... I just think people should temper their expectations a tad so we're not putting unrealistic expectations on him too early.

I agree wholeheartedly Babs..

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

...but also... this reminds me of someone :ph34r:.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Typical of some of our fans to try and pick the negatives out...... he’s a talented player making a mockery out of shit defenders, if that was Pogba he’d be on the front of cereal boxes for months........

It's called balance, it won't be me jumping down his throat when he comes back and has a quiet game. It will be idiots thinking he's going to be Messi because they are deciding to ignore parts of his game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

Typical of some of our fans to try and pick the negatives out...... he’s a talented player making a mockery out of shit defenders, if that was Pogba he’d be on the front of cereal boxes for months........

So saying don’t get carried away and don’t expect too much from the lad is being negative . I would call it realistic 

Edited by baldeagle

No need to recall him. He's playing well in a good side that will finish top 6. If he comes back here he's not going to play every week and that'll only stop his progression.

He was great for Barnsley, we recalled him and he never featured aside from the Cup games.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Arsenal scouts have been watching Barnes closely in recent games! Could make things very interesting for the lad in January window if he keeps performing well at West Brom....

We won't sell no matter what anyway. Wouldn't budge on Chilwell and we won't on him.

16 minutes ago, Foxy-Lady said:

Arsenal scouts have been watching Barnes closely in recent games! Could make things very interesting for the lad in January window if he keeps performing well at West Brom....

I'm sure that Arsenal won't be the only ones. King Power would demand an eye-watering fee.

I suppose he could be in line for a pay rise when he returns home.

Work with quite a few Baggies fans who Say how wonderful Barnes is each week following his performances on the pitch for the baggies, some are really hoping they can sign him on a permanent and are worried that Leicester will recall him in January rate him so highly one forwarded this link for his stunner !!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1