Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

He should only be recalled in January if we have selection problems or if he has outgrown the Championship which won't be the case.

He seems to have really exceeded expectations this season with West Brom and has arguably been their best player in a team full of established players that have plenty of PL experience. I'd like him to get a full season under his belt without disruption. I don't think he necessarily improves us this season with the likes of Maddison, Gray, Iheanacho, Albrighton, etc competing for the positions behind Vardy. 

Let him develop as that what he needs most and hopefully he'll be like a new signing next season. 

6 hours ago, Cujek said:

Getting related to league 1 was in hindsight one of the best things that could have happened to us at that time.

It gave us an opportunity to clear out all the garbage we had accumulated on the playing staff, we made some strong signings for league 1.

It gave the club a winning mentality, we all had a great season, some of the away days were fantastic, chesterfield really sticks in my memory!

It didn't set us back at all.

Imagine if we didn't get relegated. Holloway would have stayed another year, we would have been mid table at very best.

Who knows where we would be now, possibly still mid table championship 

I do wonder how, considering they were in League Two lol 

• Haha 2

Guest Cujek
1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do wonder how, considering they were in League Two lol 

it was somewhere cold and northern

1 minute ago, Cujek said:

it was somewhere cold and northern

Carlisle? Scunthorpe?

I did wonder if you meant Cheltenham until that.

Agreed with your post too btw other than that lol obviously Holloway doesn't actually take credit mind.

Guest Cujek
Just now, Dan LCFC said:

Carlisle? Scunthorpe?

I did wonder if you meant Cheltenham until that.

Agreed with your post too btw other than that lol obviously Holloway doesn't actually take credit mind.

Cold and southern then!

that season was awesome, the other teams (barring Milwall) accepted that we were a much stronger side and would walk the league, most of them sang with us.

i give the credit to Holloway for getting us relegated haha!

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

Cold and southern then!

that season was awesome, the other teams (barring Milwall) accepted that we were a much stronger side and would walk the league, most of them sang with us.

i give the credit to Holloway for getting us relegated haha!

League One away days were class.

I don't ever want us back in that league but it's probably the third or fourth best season for me following the club. There's grounds that I'll probably never go to again ... Stockport, Cheltenham, MK Dons. Only away game I can remember proper hating was Peterborough.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

League One away days were class.

I don't ever want us back in that league but it's probably the third or fourth best season for me following the club. There's grounds that I'll probably never go to again ... Stockport, Cheltenham, MK Dons. Only away game I can remember proper hating was Peterborough.

Huddersfield away that year was off it's nut

• Like 1

The aways really were brilliant. Nearly all of them were excellent that I went to.

Cheltenham, Leyton Orient, Huddersfield, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Hereford and Southend the absolute best.

Peterborough however was possibly the worst I've done.

1 hour ago, Riyad_Suarez said:

Why was Peterborough so bad that year? (Just curious because I've been a few times since league 1 and really enjoyed it) :dunno:

From a personal point of view it was horrible. Didn't help that we got stuck in traffic right near where I live meaning I missed the first 15 minutes but it was just horrible. Early kick offs don't help, we'd been a little dodgy before that game so we were a bit worried Peterborough were going to pip us, and it absolutely chucked it down as soon as we got out as well. Just one of those bad days for me.