Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

1 minute ago, lcfc sheff said:

Puel has got a difficult one here, does he recall him in January or let him stay? 

For long term gains I’d let him stay the full season at WBA and let him develop the maximum he can in that league.. feel he’d only warm the bench for the second part of the season which would hinder some development he is clearly getting at wba

• Like 4

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

Puel has got a difficult one here, does he recall him in January or let him stay? 

Nahh let him tear it up for a whole season, we called him back last season and beyond a game against Fleetwood in the FA Cup he didn't play any first teaem football after impressing for the first half of the season at Barnsley. He needs senior games. Good omen for us and him is that he can play wide and cut in too so we can play him, Maddison & Gray together next season

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

For long term gains I’d let him stay the full season at WBA and let him develop the maximum he can in that league.. feel he’d only warm the bench for the second part of the season which would hinder some development he is clearly getting at wba

part of me thinks he could actually contribute to our season, but I do somewhat agree to let him stay.

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Nahh let him tear it up for a whole season, we called him back last season and beyond a game against Fleetwood in the FA Cup he didn't play any first teaem football after impressing for the first half of the season at Barnsley. He needs senior games. Good omen for us and him is that he can play wide and cut in too so we can play him, Maddison & Gray together next season

i'm about 50/50 whether or not he'd contribute to the rest of our season, he just looks a cut above!

Incredible goal.

With Iheanacho, Vardy, Maddison, Gray, Ghezzal and Richardo the only way we'll recall him is through injury or some truly poor attacking form.

Can't wait for next season though.

My West Brom supporting neighbour told me last week that Barnes has been a class above the rest, absolutely loves him, runs the midfield, everything good comes through him basically.

He is hoping we don't recall him or "Our twat of a manager will shove him on the bench" were his exact words.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in January, bring Harvey back, loan them Diabate.

Where's the Hide Harvey thread at? :ph34r:

This kid is on fire. Really happy for him he's tearing it up over there. I'd love him back, but let him smash the Championship to bits for a season, then bring him back with confidence brimming for next season.

So much potential for our forward line in the near future ?

Let him bring the Baggies back up and everyone wins. Need that away day back and Harvey will come back twice the player than if we were to bring him back in Jan.

What a player he looks though. **** me. Need to find room for him somewhere next season. 

19 minutes ago, kingfox said:

My West Brom supporting neighbour told me last week that Barnes has been a class above the rest, absolutely loves him, runs the midfield, everything good comes through him basically.

He is hoping we don't recall him or "Our twat of a manager will shove him on the bench" were his exact words.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in January, bring Harvey back, loan them Diabate.

that would be hilarious.

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Walshy5 said:

Is he being played as a 10 or wide?

Capture.PNG

Being played as a 10 behind two strikers, or sometimes on the wing cutting in.

25 minutes ago, Goober said:

Let him bring the Baggies back up and everyone wins. Need that away day back and Harvey will come back twice the player than if we were to bring him back in Jan.

What a player he looks though. **** me. Need to find room for him somewhere next season. 

It's a nice problem to have. After years of trying to find an improvement on Okazaki with failures such as Slimani, Musa and to an extent Ihenacho (though he's certainly improved) we now have a sure-fire England call up in Maddison and another one tearing up the Championship.

It is going to be a challenge to accommodate all of the players that we have - we've already seen that in recent games Maddison has been playing defensively as a left of a forward three but whom cuts in as a usual number 10 on the attack. This was done so we could find a way to play Nacho, Bardy and Maddison all in the same team and it's so far worked. So where do we play Barnes? Right wing is probably Gray based on his substitute performance against Huddersfield.

It will be a dilemma for Puel. If he calls him back in January it will certainly reduce the playing time Barnes has on a weekly basis. But he's far outperformed expectations and clearly is good enough to play in the Premier League given West Brom are joint top and Barnes has been their star man. There is some logic to calling him back and having him train with the first team so Puel can experiment with where to play him. With that kind of dribbling and finishing he might be better on the wing cutting in actually and he's young enough that with the right training he can become a very good player in one specific position at the very least.

Personally I'd leave him at West Brom for the season. We don't look like we are in any relegation fight and James Maddison's season in the Championship clearly did him no harm. Let Barnes tear that division a new one and feel super excited and confident and then work with him in the summer preseason and integrate him then. Perhaps if we had European football next season with the added games he'd also get playing time of some kind more often too.

Edited by StriderHiryu

Just been getting text from my west brom mate, says if they get promoted they should brake the bank to try to buy him,  that could be big bucks but he will be coming back

looks like we have the two most promising young English midfielders at the club 

Happy days 

On 19/09/2018 at 15:19, Foxxed said:

Vardy

Maddison Barnes

Chilwell Mendy Ndidi Richardo

Soyuncu Benkovic Maguire

Kasper

Quite a Christmas tree, that. Add in Hamza and it's a development squad wet dream.

Want this next season. But Soyuncu needs to learn English (and be good), Benkovic needs to be not injured (and be good) and Richardo needs to learn to be a decent prem defender. 

• Like 1