Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

25 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

Talk about over excitement . Yes it was a good solo run but the defending was shocking there was 2 against 4 for god sake they should have had that covered plus the keeper got a hand to it . 

He's been consistently excellent since the season started, heaven forbid people are allowed to get a little excited at his potential.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

Talk about over excitement . Yes it was a good solo run but the defending was shocking there was 2 against 4 for god sake they should have had that covered plus the keeper got a hand to it . 

Talk about delusions, he’s being recalled to fire us to the title this year, Champions League glory next and that shitty world club crap the season after. 

• Haha 2

Unless we get a glut of injuries between now and Jan or we have several departures in the next window, he should stay there. His stock is only rising and it would only be worth it for him if he was a regular in our starting 11. Let's not ruin a good thing.

6 hours ago, Langston said:

He's been consistently excellent since the season started, heaven forbid people are allowed to get a little excited at his potential.

Notice the key words you used there , a little excited . I am chuffed to bits that he’s started well but some of the  over the top comments virtually suggesting he’s the second coming . And it still stands  that the defending  was shocking 

Strikers thrive on confidence and Barnes must be happy with his lot at the minute, when you compare him & Gray (I know he is injured) they are so different and maybe a recall & swap in January to get Gray’s confidence going. I personally think Barnes will be a regular for us next season with 15 goals and as many assists for the Baggies by the end of this season if he stays at The Hawthorns... :scarf:

certainly is showing what he can do at WBA, brilliant goal last night and his performances for them this season have been the same,personally think he should stay there on loan for the rest of the season to get a good full season in the championship under his belt, and then next season i think we'll see him in the first team, and i certainly wouldnt be surprised to see him starting either

Leave him there to continue this invaluable development time.

I remember last season against Peterborough, when all the fringe players were made to look world class, he struggled. He seems to have come a long way since then, but unless we get a few injuries, it's vital that he plays every week and matures.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, La-li-lu-le-lo said:

WBA fans love him, let him stay there, tear the championship a new arsehole, win player of the year, and then come back to is as a man amongst men.

My west brom mate came in work this morning singing a song about him

• Like 1

A full season playing week in, week out in a winning team in that division will do him the world of good. West Brom was always going to be a cracking move for him and so far he's absolutely smashing it.

Leave him there and we'll get a player coming back who's more confident, mature, intelligent, streetwise and strong.

I've seen West Brom fans saying 'throw £20-30m at Leicester, get him at all costs'. Can't see us selling at any price.

Playing again on Saturday. He's the their joint third best goalscorer and has a much higher shots per match ratio than the rest. I hope we get the results this season without him, he gets young championship player of the season, gets in the England u21s and joins us next season on a high.

1 hour ago, NewquayFox said:

Strikers thrive on confidence and Barnes must be happy with his lot at the minute, when you compare him & Gray (I know he is injured) they are so different and maybe a recall & swap in January to get Gray’s confidence going. I personally think Barnes will be a regular for us next season with 15 goals and as many assists for the Baggies by the end of this season if he stays at The Hawthorns... :scarf:

Not sure the Birmingham lad with an England callup would be too happy about dropping down to the championship to play for WBA, replacing a lad uncapped at u21 level...

If we do reasonably well this season and WBA get promoted, I can see us giving him an extra 6 months on loan there to get up to speed in the prem, before we bring him back and try to find a space for him.

Cracking two Goals from the lad. He just needs to keep working hard which to be fair to him he seems to be doing. Then he'll come back a much stronger and better player from his experience.

He'll be another option for the Maddison role or even in midfield with Mendy and Ndiddi.

11 hours ago, kingfox said:

My West Brom supporting neighbour told me last week that Barnes has been a class above the rest, absolutely loves him, runs the midfield, everything good comes through him basically.

He is hoping we don't recall him or "Our twat of a manager will shove him on the bench" were his exact words.

But I wouldn't be surprised if he returns in January, bring Harvey back, loan give them Diabate.

Fixed that for you.

9 hours ago, Langston said:

That isn’t strictly true as he got subbed off a few times in  early games due to being ineffective 

Edited by baldeagle

44 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

That isn’t strictly true as he got subbed off a few times in  early games due to being ineffective 

He was subbed off in early games because he's a teenager and new to the club, and was still adapting to that level of football. Considering he scored on his league debut I'm not sure how you can call him ineffective...

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Cracking two Goals from the lad. He just needs to keep working hard which to be fair to him he seems to be doing. Then he'll come back a much stronger and better player from his experience.

He'll be another option for the Maddison role or even in midfield with Mendy and Ndiddi.

First one was an own goal.

I cant see why we would take him back in January, he is pulling up trees in the championship just like Maddison did last year. We potentially have a 20mill coming to us in the summer.

Leave him where he is there is no better place for him currently.

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I cant see why we would take him back in January, he is pulling up trees in the championship just like Maddison did last year. We potentially have a 20mill coming to us in the summer.

Leave him where he is there is no better place for him currently.

Whats the 20 million for?

People wonder why England have a lack of talents coming through compared to Germany/Spain/France etc .. well its because potential players like Barnes were not getting regular game time in mens football week in week out. Barnes needs to be left at West Brom and let him develop fully and come back when hes ready for the starting 11.

Edited by les-tah