Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

On 01/01/2019 at 23:48, brucey said:

This is the actual quote from Puel

“A few may come back on loan”.

Not hard to guess that IF anyone’s coming back it’s Barnes, given who we have out on loan.... Barnes, Benkovic, Slimani, Kapustka, Thomas and a couple GKs.

I wouldn’t mind to see Slimani back too. At least he would give us a plan B when we need to lob high balls into the box.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

You're all forgetting Slimani might get sent back :crylaugh:

Honestly at this point in the season I wouldn't mind giving him another go. Not suggesting he showed any signs at all of warranting his price-tag, but we're in a good position this season to experiment with our squad and see what we can make from it moving forward. 

1 minute ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Honestly at this point in the season I wouldn't mind giving him another go. Not suggesting he showed any signs at all of warranting his price-tag, but we're in a good position this season to experiment with our squad and see what we can make from it moving forward. 

Problem is weren’t there rumours that he had a toxic effect on the dressing room? No idea if that’s true.

I wouldn’t want Slimani back for the second half. Rather stick with Nacho. Maybe give Slima fresh start at a different loan club if anyone will take him, but he is totally off form and lacking confidence at the moment. Recalling him to sulk on the bench, just in case Vardy gets injured won’t do anyone any favours.

2 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

if he doesnt play for WBA this weekend in the FA Cup i reckon he'll be back to us this month

If we are calling him back we should be doing it today really. I see no reason why we would wait, he needs as long as possible to be with our players to understand how we play. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

If we are calling him back we should be doing it today really. I see no reason why we would wait, he needs as long as possible to be with our players to understand how we play. 

Unless we are exploring other options first, seems silly to me to do that when you potentially have a good player there already.

• Like 1

Just gerrim back, he’s shown as much if not more promise than Maddison in the Championship and more than Gray ever did. Even if he’s s bit underwhelming and takes a while to bed in I’d rather he had those minutes than Ghezzal 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wdywd said:

I guess it makes sense to do due diligence, we can get Barnes back anytime this month so if someone else we really liked was available there's no point bringing him back to not play.

We’ve had months to explore other options, if we want him back do it early in the month so he’s not cup tied

Edited by Stadt

Just now, Wdywd said:

I guess it makes sense to do due diligence, we can get Barnes back anytime this month so if someone else we really liked was available there's no point bringing him back to not play.

Honestly don't think we will sign anyone.

It's clear we need to get maybe 2 good players in for the final push to retain 7th.

If we don't fix our lack of attacking intent we will slip down the table.

However our defence is the best I've seen for many many many years.

Puel has done a great job addressing this area and deserves huge credit for that.

• Like 4

I agree really - I would bring him back and I doubt we'll suddenly sign someone else. But other moves up the food chain might mean new players become available who weren't before.

And ultimately I don't think it makes too much difference if he comes back today or next week (other than him playing in the FA Cup if that happened, which I hope we'd stop anyway. If someone got injured we'd definitely need him back)