Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

“Barnes has nine goals, the second-highest tally for a non-striker, and seven assists, the second-highest tally overall. He’s also hit the woodwork five times, which is more times than any other player.

For comparison, James Maddison had six goals and five assists after 26 Championship games. City ended up spending £24m on him.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-west-brom-barnes-recall-2384120

Barnes is better than Maddison ... send Maddison the other way???

Edited by Tom12345
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

“Barnes has nine goals, the second-highest tally for a non-striker, and seven assists, the second-highest tally overall. He’s also hit the woodwork five times, which is more times than any other player.

For comparison, James Maddison had six goals and five assists after 26 Championship games. City ended up spending £24m on him.”

lol 

why not have both?

Edited by Stadt

2 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-west-brom-barnes-recall-2384120

Have you been on the 'magic' water again? 

Edited by UniFox21

:blink: :facepalm:

Edited by coolhandfox

"Kinhell

Darren Moore has a FT account.

• Haha 2

No one can argue they aren't fantastic stats and a real sign of talent.

But a direct comparison doesn't take into account the higher calibre of player JM is up against in the Prem.

What is does say though is we have some of the best youngsters in the country signed up:scarf:

Say what you like about Puel, I'm ambivalent at best. But I have to give kudos for his willingness to bring through the next generation.

10 hours ago, Fox85 said:

Honestly don't think we will sign anyone.

It's clear we need to get maybe 2 good players in for the final push to retain 7th.

If we don't fix our lack of attacking intent we will slip down the table.

However our defence is the best I've seen for many many many years.

Puel has done a great job addressing this area and deserves huge credit for that.

Would it be the end of the world if we didn't make 7th? I know this sounds lacking in ambition for some but for me, at this stage in our development, the last thing we want is to perhaps end up playing early knockout rounds of a second tier European competition with an inadequate squad and do a Burnley.

If we could get rid of some players in the summer and perhaps buy the at least two players we need, get Barnes and Benkovic back, fresh and buzzing from winning with their loan teams, and get a good pre season under all their belts. We can then realistically try for top 7, knowing that if we get there we'd have had a good season to consolidate and another summer transfer opportunity for a bigger more capable squad.

49 minutes ago, Anglodanglo said:

No one can argue they aren't fantastic stats and a real sign of talent.

But a direct comparison doesn't take into account the higher calibre of player JM is up against in the Prem.

What is does say though is we have some of the best youngsters in the country signed up:scarf:

Say what you like about Puel, I'm ambivalent at best. But I have to give kudos for his willingness to bring through the next generation.

He was comparing both players' stats in the Championship?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

He was comparing both players' stats in the Championship?

Bloody hell I'm a knob. My brain was so keen to get triggered it skipped that word:ph34r:

Apart from that error I stand by the rest of my post (runs to check that wasn't nonsense either)

Edited by Anglodanglo
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

It would be a real statement of intent to play both Maddison & Barnes together. It certainly would remove  the "Puel is boring" tag.

I'd like to see us play the 4-3-3 against sides we're likely to dominate possession against with Madders replacing one of the destroyers in the middle and Barnes as one of the 3 forwards with Vardy and Gray/Albrighton.

If Puel only has intentions to use him as a squad player this season though, let him stay at WBA, it'd be much better for his development.

38 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I'd like to see us play the 4-3-3 against sides we're likely to dominate possession against with Madders replacing one of the destroyers in the middle and Barnes as one of the 3 forwards with Vardy and Gray/Albrighton.

If Puel only has intentions to use him as a squad player this season though, let him stay at WBA, it'd be much better for his development.

Wouldn’t that just work out in practice as 4231 though?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Would it be the end of the world if we didn't make 7th? I know this sounds lacking in ambition for some but for me, at this stage in our development, the last thing we want is to perhaps end up playing early knockout rounds of a second tier European competition with an inadequate squad and do a Burnley.

If we could get rid of some players in the summer and perhaps buy the at least two players we need, get Barnes and Benkovic back, fresh and buzzing from winning with their loan teams, and get a good pre season under all their belts. We can then realistically try for top 7, knowing that if we get there we'd have had a good season to consolidate and another summer transfer opportunity for a bigger more capable squad.

Just a thought...if we got to Europe. Some Younger players stay,grab their chance...

PL.                         Europe

Kasper....        Ward

Amartey          Simpson
Soyuncu          Maguire
Benkovic         Evans/Morgan
Chilwell.           new.LB

Albrighton...    Ghezzal
Choudry.          Ndidi
Pereira             Mendy/James
Barnes.            Diabate
Maddison.       Gray
Vardy.              Nacho

Some young guys are out on loan...so they comeback into the fold.
Plus Newbuys  hopefully would up the quality,and better position choices...
Obviously the Older players and expected 1st names on gameday list will want game time in Europe.
Puel will swap, rotate,and rest. The 2 lists,are names not any preferences for PL/Euro selection...

This group,even with 2-3 ,moving on, gives us a better prepared squad,than what Burnley had ..At least to
Give a decent challenge...in 4 competitions...

Looking at it,I just thought a BBone of a Squad,that have all had good gametime for the/a  1st team....at a good level!!!

23 hours ago, Tanya said:

He looks big, fast and direct. Wouldn't mind him coming back this season as he looks more  dangerous than Ghezzal 

This, This, This.

I think this is part of the reason why we don't need to spend crazy in the transfer window.

Barnes and Benkovic will really up our game.

Would rather they're both brought back sooner rather than later as they'll need a few training sessions/games to gel with the rest of the team.

7 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Wouldn’t that just work out in practice as 4231 though?

Depends how they set up I guess. Shaqiri slots into Liverpool's midfield 3, and Salah and Mane are definitely part of a 3 up top with Firmino rather than a 3 behind him with Shaqiri. No reason why Barnes and Gray can't be wide forwards rather than midfielders.

West Brom have had a bid rejected for C.J. Hamilton  from Mansfield, believed to be 1m , just wondered if that may be an indication that Harvey is being recalled.

Oh and he plays right wing, and very fast and  improving player, Stags owners have told them he's not for sale with them pushing for promotion