Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox in the North

Harvey Barnes - West Brom (loan)

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Presumably we will get him back straight away in time to prepare for the Newport match, which would be a very timely introduction. 

My West Brom supporting friends are going to hate me if this happens... i have already been warned...!

Not surprised - they could go into the automatic promotion places today if results go their way . Must be gutting to lose such an important component at this stage of the season but their loaning in and out of players has been a bit weird to say the least 

6 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Puel was hesitant but Stringer is often wrong in these instances, he loves to think he has a lead on something, gets all excited

Maybe I am just like him in that case, but not sure how else to interpret it. Puel said they wouldn't be looking to sign players, but instead maybe look at getting loanees back. There's two candidates in Benkovic and Barnes, Puel makes a point of explaining why we won't recall Benkovic, but then with Barnes says 'we will see'. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

If we bring him back it'll be to play, surely. Would be terrible to bring him back and let him sit on the bench. 

Would hope so ; who would have foreseen Hamza Getting so much game time lately and playing so well . CP looks willing to give young players a chance 

20 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Puel would tell stringer nothing. If he's heard it it's from somewhere else. 

It was live on Radio Leicester.  Puel said may be Barnes but barring injuries Benko will stay at Celtic.

50 minutes ago, brucey said:

This is the actual quote from Puel

“A few may come back on loan”.

Not hard to guess that IF anyone’s coming back it’s Barnes, given who we have out on loan.... Barnes, Benkovic, Slimani, Kapustka, Thomas and a couple GKs.

Of course with Claude's Frenglish there is a good chance that "come back on loan" may actually mean go out on loan.

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

How’s kapustka doing on his loan? 

Solid if unspectacular. 4 goals in 12 in a struggling Leuven side. Apparently he's been one of their better players, but Leuven are 7th out of 8 teams so make of that what you will.

Edited by blaaklint
  • Thanks 1

I’m all for bringing him back and have been for a while - it’s plain we need more attacking options. I hope we afford him the same opportunity Chilwell had last year and allow him to have a solid run in the side to develop at this level. Also as fans we mustn’t get on his back! He will make mistakes and we should accept that, will take time but I think he could be a real asset to the team 

Edited by Mehrez
  • Like 2

I'm sure Puel and Bonnevay have looked at how the 433 has performed and liked what they have seen. Defensively we are much more stable and Hamza has proved to be a smash hit! You'd surely want to keep him in the team as long as possible in the form he's in.

West Brom play a 433 with Barnes as their left inside forward and though Barnes is often quiet, he's one of their most creative players - something we are severely lacking. Whilst I think the worst thing to do would be to bring him back and then limit his appearances because we don't use him, I'd admit that I would have loved to have seen how he would perform in today's lineup playing as the left forward with Ricardo / Albrighton on the right. And at the end of the day like any young player it's going to take him some time to force his way into the first team and stay there (if he can even do it), but getting him started now is not a bad thing to do. It's inevitable to me that we will play 433 against big teams from now on or possibly it could even become our default away formation and tactic. It's clearly working!

H7IMCXLVHFCZTCV6TPSHERTIBA.jpg

Edited by StriderHiryu

I'd much rather we had Harvey in the team than Ghezzal. I don't like to write City players off but RG just looks so far out of his depth.

Would be great to have another academy player in the line up alongside Hamza and Chillers too.

Bring him back I say and loan Ghezzal to Wycombe as revenge for '01.

Edited by Paddy.