Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Would not care in the slightest if he was sold, Unbelievably over-rated.

Unfortunately, despite his pace and rarely-seen proven ability to find the target (see Man United away) he doesn't appear to have much game intelligence to reach his potential imo.

• Like 1

I think he will be playing league 1 football within 5 years..He just doesn't seem to improve, mind you he thinks he's England quality, perhaps that's where the problem is.

Would love him to prove me wrong, You look at Harvey at wba and you see improvement week on week, and is starting to look like the real deal..

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Unfortunately, despite his pace and rarely-seen proven ability to find the target (see Man United away) he doesn't appear to have much game intelligence to reach his potential imo.

I think other than probably his defensive work rate he hasn't improved at all in the last few years. No vision, not enough quality. A good dribbler but very little else.

14 hours ago, Bozman said:

I think he will be playing league 1 football within 5 years..He just doesn't seem to improve, mind you he thinks he's England quality, perhaps that's where the problem is.

Would love him to prove me wrong, You look at Harvey at wba and you see improvement week on week, and is starting to look like the real deal..

Really?

We could probably still sell him to another premier league club for 20 mill based on his current form

Gray is not bad. And we are always better with him in the team

We literally cant afford to lose him lol 

People think Gray is pants yet he's one of our best players and people also think Puel is failing even though apparently one of our best players is league 1 standard

I dont get it

1 hour ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Really?

We could probably still sell him to another premier league club for 20 mill based on his current form

Gray is not bad. And we are always better with him in the team

We literally cant afford to lose him lol 

People think Gray is pants yet he's one of our best players and people also think Puel is failing even though apparently one of our best players is league 1 standard

I dont get it

His pace & the fact albrighton, ghezzal and diabate are all meh means he plays imo. The fact he’s our best wide man says more about us and our options/ recruitment than grays ability. 

1 minute ago, OhYesNdidi said:

His pace & the fact albrighton, ghezzal and diabate are all meh means he plays imo. The fact he’s our best wide man says more about us and our options/ recruitment than grays ability. 

Thats the point.

He's one of our youngest players of that type and one of our best.  So why does he get so much stick?

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thats the point.

He's one of our youngest players of that type and one of our best.  So why does he get so much stick?

He’s one of our best because the other wide men are all championship standard. GRAY should be one of our options off the bench, not starting but due to lack of options and quality he has to start.

Edited by OhYesNdidi

3 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Thats the point.

Think he gets stick because he was *supposed* to be better, to step up and improve after Mahrez leaving, and he isn't. He's lower PL level imo, League 1 is silly talk, but we could clearly do better than him when Everton have Richarlison and Bernard, Bournemouth have Fraser and West Ham have Anderson. 

2 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Think he gets stick because he was *supposed* to be better, to step up and improve after Mahrez leaving, and he isn't. He's lower PL level imo, League 1 is silly talk, but we could clearly do better than him when Everton have Richarlison and Bernard, Bournemouth have Fraser and West Ham have Anderson. 

Most of those players are older than Gray.

I disagree that he's not getting better, yeah he is not as good as some would like, but in a year or two, you never know what he could become

Dont understand the urge to write him off

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I disagree that he's not getting better, yeah he is not as good as some would like, but in a year or two, you never know what he could become

I worded it badly. It's not that he's not improving; there are some signs. Defensively he's a lot better. But my point was we haven't seen bigimprovement and this makes a lot of fans resent him, especially since he will be in the spotlight a lot more now Mahrez is gone. 

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

The issue is that we just don't have another two years to persevere with him as a starter (on top of the 3 we've already persevered). After another two years, given the current rate of progress, he still (probably) won't be much better and we'll have totally lost any momentum from our title win and the foray into the Champions League. It's only going to get more difficult to attract top players. 

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I worded it badly. It's not that he's not improving; there are some signs. Defensively he's a lot better. But my point was we haven't seen bigimprovement and this makes a lot of fans resent him, especially since he will be in the spotlight a lot more now Mahrez is gone. 

I still think we are so much not the finished article.  We need a bit more movement from players, a bit more creativity from central midfield and players like Gray will flourish

I dont really get the attitude of fans that go to games and just wait for certain players to not be ''good enough'' and start groaning.  Must be tough to enjoy the games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adam95581 said:

The issue is that we just don't have another two years to persevere with him as a starter (on top of the 3 we've already persevered). After another two years, given the current rate of progress, he still (probably) won't be much better and we'll have totally lost any momentum from our title win and the foray into the Champions League. It's only going to get more difficult to attract top players. 

This is the season he's played the most in, and he's been injured for some of it!

Last season he wasnt a starter

So you're not right in the basic facts, dont know if your conjecture will be any better

2 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I still think we are so much not the finished article.  We need a bit more movement from players, a bit more creativity from central midfield and players like Gray will flourish

That point about central midfield is very interesting actually, it's obviously a problem for us right now. I can't tell how it would directly help Gray though, although my football tactical knowledge is poor.

My main gripe with him is he needs to be more aware of the game. So many potential passes he could have released forwards which he didn't make this weekend. I won't blame him for not scoring as he isn't exactly helped much by the rest of the team, but he needs work there as well.

people really think he needs a loan to the championship? he would tear that league a part with ease and would gain nothing he has improved already so far this season and will continue to do so the more he plays, have some ****ing patience ffs

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

people really think he needs a loan to the championship? he would tear that league a part with ease and would gain nothing he has improved already so far this season and will continue to do so the more he plays, have some ****ing patience ffs

He'll be ok in another 10 years have some patience !!

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

Said it the other day, give him an extended run in the team and see what happens. This thread could be a carbon copy of the Chilwell thread form last year with people saying he was rubbish, we needed another left back and that he should be on loan at a championship club etc. Only faith from the manager, patience and hard work from the player produced England's current left back. Gray has something about him, like it was obvious Chilwell did. I get the feeling that like so many other players these days, he'll only make it with exceptional commitment and the want to better himself.

Chilwell hadn't had as many chances in fairness.