Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

He came on to put pressure on Delph, which was a great move and has been widely discussed here. He worked hard (much improved from last season especially defensively), did well and were it not for his skyed shot we'd have no real complaints. At 22 he's not one of the best wingers in the premier league but he is a premier league quality winger. It beggers belief that we can beat man city two one, our best performance of the season, with Gray playing a decent bit part towards the end, and some posters run here straight away to slate Gray.

He lost or failed to control the ball on numerous occasions putting us in trouble for the last 15 mins or so though. 

I thought he was awful. It’s not hard to put pressure on a CM playing at LB (Delph)

Gray might be not setting the track on fire...but a good investment,and playing ok....

Still could turn into a star....He's had a few good moments...

Anybody thinking he should be excellent everygame...:dunno:

He's become a solid performer,that's ok for me..

26 minutes ago, mod hero said:

He lost or failed to control the ball on numerous occasions putting us in trouble for the last 15 mins or so though. 

I thought he was awful. It’s not hard to put pressure on a CM playing at LB (Delph)

He seemed alright to me. I don't remember him putting us in trouble.

He's far from being a star performer, don't get me wrong. But the stick he gets seems out of proportion.

Edited by Foxxed
  • Like 1

Makes too many errors in controlling the ball.

When he has time, he used the ball well.

But, when he's under pressure he seems to struggle most.

He needs a goal in him, to give him a confidence boost.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

33 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Name someone better than gray with pace  whose prepared to come here and sit on the bench till the last 15 minutes.

That wasn’t the point I was making? I’m saying we need a top class winger in the starting line up, which gray has been in and out of.

And do you think he’ll continue to be prepared to stick on the bench for that matter? 

Edited by lcfc sheff

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

He came on to put pressure on Delph, which was a great move and has been widely discussed here. He worked hard (much improved from last season especially defensively), did well and were it not for his skyed shot we'd have no real complaints. At 22 he's not one of the best wingers in the premier league but he is a premier league quality winger. It beggers belief that we can beat man city two one, our best performance of the season, with Gray playing a decent bit part towards the end, and some posters run here straight away to slate Gray.

Until he starts making the right decisions he can’t properly cement a place for me. It isn’t slaying gray to say he hasn’t improved much, if he had he’d be a shoe in for the starting 11 ?

2 hours ago, mod hero said:

You can’t say that. We won and he’s young so don’t have an opinion on him ?

• Haha 1

Heaven forbid we persevere with a young English player who has had to adapt to 3/4 managers’ regimes, has gradually improved to being one of the young upcoming talents in the country, made the England squad this year and has potential in abundance. The stories of “can’t be arsed” and “bad attitude” are largely unfounded and used as a stick to beat a young player who I am sure feels the pressure of these unfair criticisms. 

Let’s be the sort of fans of a club we aspire to be, get behind this burgeoning talent and show his young peers that they can make mistakes and have off periods without the knives coming out for them. 

If we expect such high standards from our players then I think they should enjoy the same standard of support from us.

It’s a yes from me. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Heaven forbid we persevere with a young English player who has had to adapt to 3/4 managers’ regimes, has gradually improved to being one of the young upcoming talents in the country, made the England squad this year and has potential in abundance. The stories of “can’t be arsed” and “bad attitude” are largely unfounded and used as a stick to beat a young player who I am sure feels the pressure of these unfair criticisms. 

Let’s be the sort of fans of a club we aspire to be, get behind this burgeoning talent and show his young peers that they can make mistakes and have off periods without the knives coming out for them. 

If we expect such high standards from our players then I think they should enjoy the same standard of support from us.

It’s a yes from me. 

Well said 

1 hour ago, TaggertvsWise said:

It’s a yes from me. 

Agreed. Just to add to that, after the last two stunning efforts, why do we feel the need to come on here to slag off one of our young players?  Did he make some horrendous cock up in one of those two games? Don't remember one. As for the want for this elusive class winger, it ain't going to happen until at least the summer so no need to fret now and even then, there's other priorities first. Who knows, by then he may even have come on a couple of notches, I  certainly feel that he's always giving of his best and his work rate has increased tremendously. How many slagging him off were doing the same with Chilwell?  They must be really pissed off now and need another poor victim to fail. Let's just bask in the glory of the last two matches over Christmas and chill. You know it makes sense.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

My worry about Gray is that he isn't overburdened in the brain cell department. 

When the winner went in yesterday, all our other players had moved out in line with the Man City defence and he just stood there near the keeper. Fortunately, he just started to jog out in time otherwise he could have had the goal disallowed. Little things like that are really frustrating. Cardinal rule is that you get onside in case the keeper saves and you might have a tap in. 

Lazy and and lack of awareness.

I noticed the same thing at the time. Didn't really take any notice to who it was though. 

5 hours ago, mod hero said:

Delph is a very good football player, just because his original position is CM does not mean he can't play LB. Gray played well & did was was asked of him. Puel managed the game nicely and al the subs did a job.

I don't think he's a terrible player but I just don't think he's that good either. He's OK to bring on (although needs to run the ball into better places rather than the default cut in, try and beat everyone, belt over the bar from 25 yards). An OK option but he's behind where I hoped he'd be when we signed him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This "constant slating of players" talk is boring as hell by the way. Agree that some people are unreasonable but it's a football forum, I'll do my supporting at the ground, on here I'll discuss things.

They're millionaires who won't ever have to work. I have no axe to grind with folks pointing out if they're not putting a shift in. 

• Like 1

Thing is with Gray he is improving slowly, but most can see how good he could become.

One day I think something in his head is just going to click, and he will nail it.

At the moment though he is infuriating with his inconsistency, Puel has tried giving him a prolonged run in the team, but seems to have abandoned the idea for now.

His time will arrive.

17 hours ago, Foxxed said:

The biggest surprise is that you're surprised ? 

someone mentioned his skied shot, he was clearly looking for Albrighton to run on wide and only took on that shot when Albrighton didn't make a run, personally, in the circumstances I was happy the shot ballooned into the crowd, far better than a tame effort straight to Ederson which he pings upfield to start a counter

Edited by Jimmy