Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

32 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Demarai Gray is to a lot of Leicester fans what Raheem Sterling is to the tabloid press, he's never done anything to warrant the constant stick he gets people just don't like "him" despite not knowing him, there are stories or Maddison's off field arrogance that trump anything Gray has ever supposed to have done yet he never gets any stick for being big headed, arrogant or stuck up or what ever else they throw at him

Definitely can see your point of view on both the Gray and Maddison comments. 

I would say Maddison helps himself with some of his performances where he looks a very talented player. I think the problem with Gray is he has a lot of potential to easily become a very good premiership player. But is highly inconsistent with end product and goals / assists output. He has been working harder off the ball and I do think he will be a key player in our team next season. 

I still think there is a lot more to come from both of them which bodes very positively for us next season. 

On 15/08/2018 at 04:13, UniFox21 said:

Agreed, he is great at being direct, getting a shot or cross off, but when he slows it down and tries almost too hard. 

Yeah, his football brain is just not on the same level as Mahrez.

But he is better this season. C Ronaldo used to suffer a bit of the same problem as Gray as well - he dribbled too much and missed passing opportunities because he wanted to show off too much. Granted, Ronaldo is exceptional when it comes to his own dribbling skills - way better than Gray, but my point is that he can still improve. Just don’t think he can ever reach the Mahrez level though.

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

That’s what we’re doing isn’t it?

It seems to be getting there, but not quite.  Chilwell was guaranteed a starting place every game last season even if he messed up, and he always stayed on for 90 minutes

Gray still gets hooked off and I dont think he has started every game this season has he?  Still a sense that he isnt quite guaranteed a place. 

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

It's time to say to him, the spot is yours and give him an extended run like we did with Chilwell pretty much no matter what. There aren't many other options at the moment, so we might as well give him the time.

This. Because of that.

I think he's his own worse enemy today he made a few good runs but the end result made the effort of the build up play pointless, he needs to learn to make a meaningful pass at the end, that put someone else in the position to score, but it seems no one expects him to,so they don't move into positions

His contribution to the team when we don't have the ball has improved. He also gets himself into better positions than he used to but his decision making at the most crucial moments is well off. It's frustrating because often he does so well to get into good areas only to pick the wrong pass or slam an ill-advised shot high or wide. Today's game was the latest example of that. 

• Thanks 1

He will not improve under this manager as he needs someone to tell him how it is and kick his backside.In the future he will make a good rightsided wingback as his defending is slowly improving .He has no real idea attacking wise but if he starts move with the ball in front of him from a reactive position- he then has the  pace to bomb on and not do the predictable cut inside. So yes one for the future not for now and not under Claude.

On 11/12/2018 at 02:49, Jimmy said:

Demarai Gray is to a lot of Leicester fans what Raheem Sterling is to the tabloid press, he's never done anything to warrant the constant stick he gets people just don't like "him" despite not knowing him, there are stories or Maddison's off field arrogance that trump anything Gray has ever supposed to have done yet he never gets any stick for being big headed, arrogant or stuck up or what ever else they throw at him

Anyone else get a bit fed up of this JM10 business? I mean he’s no AK10 yet is he!

On 10/12/2018 at 16:19, Jimmy said:

Sterling is a world class player though. Gray is distinctly average.