Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

in a struggling Birmingham City side, Barnes is in one of the best sides in the division

Barnes did better than that in a struggling Barnsley side, whilst Norwich were also in the bottom half last season when Maddison was there. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Did great tonight. It's like he knew he was one of the more experienced players and had to step it up, and that he did. Same as he does with the England U21s really. He's an interesting character... in some sense tries too hard to prove himself, but in others he rises to the pressure. Thought his decision making was better today too. Did you see how frustrated he was with Nacho for not reading the slipped ball into the box? I understand why - I mean what else was he going to do in that situation?!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

In 3 seasons in the Championship at Birmingham Gray scored 8 goals in 72 games. Compare that to what Barnes and Maddison have achieved in the Championship at a similar stage of their development. 

Not really a similar stage is it when Maddison's stand out season was last year aged 21. He's the same age as Gray and he's been here three years. So Gray was playing at that level aged 16/17/18 ish.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I guess the 4-3-3 suits his game. Would suit Barnes too when he comes here. Something to think about. 

Agreed, 

Barnes, Maddison, Gray and Hamza. Would like to see a midfield of these. Vardy up top and then another midfielder alongside Hamza. Exciting young english midfielder players there. 

13 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

Chilwell played in every epl games when he available, except 1 game.and that's not so many chances? How should he get more? Arranging friendly every week? 

Decision making were. He's not shooting from everywhere anymore, also defensive workrate. Didn't just stay forward anymore. 

So far those two are noticeable and others aren't much different. 

Gray has still played far more games for us than Chilwell. It's a myth that he hasn't had chances, he just frequently hasn't done them. The fact people think he hasn't had chances seems like a psychological admittance to me that he hasn't really done anything - he has had loads of games.

Although on the subject, tonight I thought he was OK, it was better.

• Like 1

Gave it his all.

Should be a minimum requirement but footballers often fall short of it.

Still lacks quality with his final ball and decision making at times and often appears over eager to impress, that's probably a result of a stuttering start to his first team career.

He splits opinion but I think he's worth persevering with and backing.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Gray has still played far more games for us than Chilwell. It's a myth that he hasn't had chances, he just frequently hasn't done them. The fact people think he hasn't had chances seems like a psychological admittance to me that he hasn't really done anything - he has had loads of games.

Although on the subject, tonight I thought he was OK, it was better.

Chilwell got 90 minutes every game last season. I wonder if Gray has had more minutes by now? Wouldnt be surprisdd if he hasnt.

Gray raised my eyebrows so often last night I looked like something from a Roger Moore convention. His attitude and confidence were great. Our problem was that when he burst forward at pace and attracted a second or third opponent to deal with him we didn't benefit from the gaps, not so much due to the old greed factor but the lack of supporting players. Nacho would appear eventually but often not making the right angle of run and then nothing for twenty yards behind, possibly Maguire as third furthest forward if he'd started the attack by bringing it out, sometimes Fuchs. Such a shame we couldn't see Grays performance coupled with a fit Vardy but maybe that was in Grays mind and he saw it as a day to step up as the senior (in terms of games) player of the attacking three. 

Personally I'm happy for Gray and Albrighton to start every week at the moment and switch wings during the game with Maddison in just behind Vardy. I just wish that when we're chasing games Claude would be quicker to sacrifice Mendy for Shinji or Nacho. 

On 19/12/2018 at 01:20, Dan LCFC said:

Gray has still played far more games for us than Chilwell. 

Gray has played 3,858 minutes of league football in a Leicester shirt, across 101 games (53 as a sub), average of 38 minutes per appearance. Chilwell has played 3,990 minutes of league football in a Leicester shirt, across 52 appearances (9 as a sub), average of 77 minutes per appearance. While Gray has appeared in more individual games, Chilwell has got more football under his belt, with only 5 fewer starts in near half the games. Depends whether you count all these substitute cameos as proper chances for Gray really, and it'd be fair to say they're not.

• Like 1

I think Puel is losing faith in him and rightly so. Never rated him when playing over 90 mins and he really hadn’t progressed at all 

He severely weakened us when he came on. Lacked positional discipline and had to be moved central because he wasn’t supporting Ricardo well at all.