Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Gray ??

1 minute ago, F1_AN said:

I think Puel is losing faith in him and rightly so. Never rated him when playing over 90 mins and he really hadn’t progressed at all 

He severely weakened us when he came on. Lacked positional discipline and had to be moved central because he wasn’t supporting Ricardo well at all. 

I thought he did okay but left us more open but I cant complain too much

11 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really? 

He's looked great lately, being fast and direct with the ball, tracking back for tackles. He's been dropped for 2 games as the systems changed slightly against the bigger teams.

He came on in a period of high pressure where he would be an outlet with the ball rather than hamza (as well as he played). 

He was then moved inside as Maddison stopped pressing and tracking back and was brought off. 

The guys 21/22 and is a takent and is maturing and playing well this year. Stop writing off our young players whilst they're developing.

I’m allowed an opinion. As are you 

3 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

There are worse players than Gray in this league. The thing is we all hoped for so much more given the potential. I suspect we all feel a bit cheated i.e only getting a post club snog, rather than ........!!

you said "There are worse players than Gray in this league" - ...that may be true, but in Leicester Gray and Nacho are by far our worst players. Today is a day of great joy, but from the substitution of Gray we played with 10 men. Sorry for my criticism, but Gray has been annoying me for far too long, he just does not bring any performance that would help the Foxes....

6 minutes ago, mucfox said:

you said "There are worse players than Gray in this league" - ...that may be true, but in Leicester Gray and Nacho are by far our worst players. Today is a day of great joy, but from the substitution of Gray we played with 10 men. Sorry for my criticism, but Gray has been annoying me for far too long, he just does not bring any performance that would help the Foxes....

SLB

1 minute ago, SheppyFox said:

He’s not developed much since we bought him, he’s so young though there’s plenty of time I suppose, I wouldn’t be relying on him personally though :( 

He was immense and extremely clever and game aware when he came on in games in the tittle winning season and I thought we had a world beater on our hands, has not kicked on at all.

i think he lacks a real desire to be a top player, just not prepared to put the work in.

should have a chat with the likes on lampard and beckham about hard work and dedication to get and stay at the top

• Like 1

My worry about Gray is that he isn't overburdened in the brain cell department. 

When the winner went in yesterday, all our other players had moved out in line with the Man City defence and he just stood there near the keeper. Fortunately, he just started to jog out in time otherwise he could have had the goal disallowed. Little things like that are really frustrating. Cardinal rule is that you get onside in case the keeper saves and you might have a tap in. 

Lazy and and lack of awareness.

• Like 3

On 26/12/2018 at 18:06, mod hero said:

He’s rubbish. Can’t be arsed to write anymore than that 

On 26/12/2018 at 18:12, RODNEY FERNIO said:

If there is a blind alley to run down you can guarantee Gray will be the first one to find it.

On 26/12/2018 at 18:05, SheppyFox said:

He’s not improved since we bought him, why anyone would want to make him a part of our future starting 11 is beyond me, never mind build the squad around him lol 

On 26/12/2018 at 18:03, F1_AN said:

I think Puel is losing faith in him and rightly so. Never rated him when playing over 90 mins and he really hadn’t progressed at all 

He severely weakened us when he came on. Lacked positional discipline and had to be moved central because he wasn’t supporting Ricardo well at all. 

He came on to put pressure on Delph, which was a great move and has been widely discussed here. He worked hard (much improved from last season especially defensively), did well and were it not for his skyed shot we'd have no real complaints. At 22 he's not one of the best wingers in the premier league but he is a premier league quality winger. It beggers belief that we can beat man city two one, our best performance of the season, with Gray playing a decent bit part towards the end, and some posters run here straight away to slate Gray.

• Like 3