Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

We need to get behind the lad and see what happens really. Confidence will be at an all time low I imagine.

It was a hugely frustrating miss on Monday and he’s not looked particularly good all season - he’s probably gone backwards if anything - but he’s still got time on his side. And he looked hugely promising last pre-season too. There is still something there.

Loan away next season is essential for him I think. He won’t  improve at all with the odd 15 minutes every 3/4 weeks. Needs game time and a full season under his belt

• Like 3

He has been dreadful this season and there is definitely no denying that but annoying I know that there will be booing or sarcastic cheers when he next comes on…He is a Leicester player and people should just encourage him to do well. Just like Claude Puel it won’t work out with him because many fans have turned on him.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Look at the common thread:

1) Pep didn't (or couldn't) rate him good enough to improve.

2) Puel, with all his faults, improved all our young players.....with the exception of Iheanacho.

3) Rodgers, another who is brilliant with young players, also hasn't yet had any response from Iheanacho.

4) Gernot Rohr has dropped him from the Nigerian team slating him for his performances and professionalism.

If three of the best managers for improving young players can't inspire him, plus his National team manager publicly criticizes him, he's going to end up playing in league one for Bury with another lazy, uninterested striker, Beckford.

I reiterate my posting of yesterday, I hope I never see him in a Leicester City shirt again.

I really can't abide lazy, uninterested players, and it really annoys me this bloke cost our club £25 MILLION, is on £40+ grand A WEEK and has an attitude of 'I really don't give a rats ass' .

Compare that to a nurse who'd just love to be on 2% of that wage!

spot on! ??

I feel the talent is there. But something is preventing him and I think it's his attitude. He never looks happy, motivated or involved when I see him. I honestly don't think he'll progress under Rodgers. Even Puel gave up. And I'm not sure how many buyers there are. And we don't have so many strikers. But spending your time attacking him... adding in a few racial slurs...?

We won’t get £10m for him now... probably best to let him go out on loan, hopefully bang in a few goals, and increase his value.

That said I’d be very tempted to just cut our losses. If we could get £10m for him (probably a big ask) then we’d only need to add about £5m to that to get Adams from Birmingham. 

Work your magic, Rudders.

Edited by Devonfox1884

On 06/05/2019 at 23:05, HighPeakFox said:

Wow. JUST WOW.

On 06/05/2019 at 23:06, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Good grief.

Check out the user-name. 

If Carlsberg did irony...

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

Look at the common thread:

1) Pep didn't (or couldn't) rate him good enough to improve.

2) Puel, with all his faults, improved all our young players.....with the exception of Iheanacho.

3) Rodgers, another who is brilliant with young players, also hasn't yet had any response from Iheanacho.

4) Gernot Rohr has dropped him from the Nigerian team slating him for his performances and professionalism.

If three of the best managers for improving young players can't inspire him, plus his National team manager publicly criticizes him, he's going to end up playing in league one for Bury with another lazy, uninterested striker, Beckford.

I reiterate my posting of yesterdaybedside manner hope I never see him in a Leicester City shirt again.

I really can't abide lazy, uninterested players, and it really annoys me this bloke cost our club £25 MILLION, is on £40+ grand A WEEK and has an attitude of 'I really don't give a rats ass' .

Compare that to a nurse who'd just love to be on 2% of that wage!

Nice idea, but I don't think being caring and having a good bedside manner are the attributes you're looking for in a striker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Buce said:

Nice idea, but I don't think being caring and having a good bedside manner are the attributes you're looking for in a striker.

He does have a soothing influence....on opposition defenders. He s good for bringing down their stress levels..:smile:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Goober said:

We need to get behind the lad and see what happens really. Confidence will be at an all time low I imagine.

It was a hugely frustrating miss on Monday and he’s not looked particularly good all season - he’s probably gone backwards if anything - but he’s still got time on his side. And he looked hugely promising last pre-season too. There is still something there.

Loan away next season is essential for him I think. He won’t  improve at all with the odd 15 minutes every 3/4 weeks. Needs game time and a full season under his belt

Yes we need to get behind him ... and give him a big shove out the exit door ?

• Haha 1

On 08/05/2019 at 12:24, Collymore said:

I think you're being a tad harsh.

His performances have improved under Rodgers where be seems to play the deeper attacking role adequately. 

The fine lines in football are amazing. He misses a sitter against Man City and that means the media make Man City out to be brave and dominant against us. If he had scored, Man City would have been labeled bottlers and chastised! Nacho would have probably gone down in Liverpool folklore and talked about in football circles as the "man that decided the title" for years. 

The balanced view should be:

- Man City weren't particularly great against us

- Nacho although been a flop shouldn't be judged solely on that miss and the slight signs of improvement recently should be taken into account. His pre-assist for Barnes goal the other week is just one example...

I'm sorry, but I haven't seen any improvement in Iheanacho since BR became our manager. And I certainly wouldn't write any player off after just one or two poor games. I have often stood up for Ghezzal on here because I see a player who is at least trying hard and showing some desire, even if he's had poor matches. I haven't seen any desire in Iheanachio's performances.

Desire and trying their best are the very least I expect from any Leicester City player.

However, I do agree Man City were not great against us, as you can read in my players ratings posting.

On 08/05/2019 at 12:25, murphy said:

Unfortunately that makes him even more of a liability.

Unbelievable he can command that sort of salary.

He should be giving it back to the fans after his dismal attitude and atrocious contributions.

3 hours ago, Buce said:

I think Iheanachio has a great bedside manner........mainly asleep on the pitch! As for caring, it certainly looks like he couldn't care less!

With just nine starts in 30 EPL games, it’s understood that the Foxes are hoping to cash in on the Nigerian who has struggled to command a regular playing shirt at the club since his arrival last season.

However, AOIFootball.com can authoritatively confirm that West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has been in constant touch with Iheanacho with the hope of a possible loan switch in the summer.

The 22-year-old enjoyed the finest club football of his career under the Chilean netting 12 goals across all competition in his first season at the Etihad Stadium.

Pellegrini’s departure, however, saw the 2013 FIFA U-17 Golden Ball winner suffer a dip in form as he was mostly overlooked by Pep Guardiola before his eventual sale to Leicester City at the beginning of the 2017/2018 season. 

On 08/05/2019 at 12:25, murphy said:

https://sillyseason.com/salary/leicester-city-players-salaries-69067/

This suggestes £70k, others I have seen suggest around £60k. These figures seem more likely comparing, for example, to Vardy's salary (with the greatest respect to 2 Nigerian websites and an unnamed source). It still represents a problem. I'm not sure a loan is the best answer as we paymost of his wages. It works only if we are confident he will score goals to build confidence. I think he, and City, will do better by working with him for anaother season. Unlike Slimani, I still think he has the potential to improve; perhaps not to to the position where he palying every week though. He has ability toscore goals.

A general question (I don't know the answer, but I suspect the amswer is no) - do players receive mental training? Attitude and confidence are menatala aspects that an be developed, apart from the obvious skill and physical aspects

7 hours ago, StevieB said:

AOIFootball.com can authoritatively confirm that West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has been in constant touch with Iheanacho with the hope of a possible loan switch in the summer.

The 22-year-old enjoyed the finest club football of his career under the Chilean netting 12 goals across all competition in his first season at the Etihad Stadium.

Why just a loan?  That’s an excellent fit.  Another step in turning West Ham into the poor man’s Man U.

• Haha 1