Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

50 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Look at the common thread:

1) Pep didn't (or couldn't) rate him good enough to improve.

2) Puel, with all his faults, improved all our young players.....with the exception of Iheanacho.

3) Rodgers, another who is brilliant with young players, also hasn't yet had any response from Iheanacho.

4) Gernot Rohr has dropped him from the Nigerian team slating him for his performances and professionalism.

If three of the best managers for improving young players can't inspire him, plus his National team manager publicly criticizes him, he's going to end up playing in league one for Bury with another lazy, uninterested striker, Beckford.

I reiterate my posting of yesterday, I hope I never see him in a Leicester City shirt again.

I really can't abide lazy, uninterested players, and it really annoys me this bloke cost our club £25 MILLION, is on £40+ grand A WEEK and has an attitude of 'I really don't give a rats ass' .

Compare that to a nurse who'd just love to be on 2% of that wage!

I think you're being a tad harsh.

His performances have improved under Rodgers where be seems to play the deeper attacking role adequately. 

The fine lines in football are amazing. He misses a sitter against Man City and that means the media make Man City out to be brave and dominant against us. If he had scored, Man City would have been labeled bottlers and chastised! Nacho would have probably gone down in Liverpool folklore and talked about in football circles as the "man that decided the title" for years. 

The balanced view should be:

- Man City weren't particularly great against us

- Nacho although been a flop shouldn't be judged solely on that miss and the slight signs of improvement recently should be taken into account. His pre-assist for Barnes goal the other week is just one example...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

2) Puel, with all his faults, improved all our young players.....with the exception of Iheanacho.

3) Rodgers, another who is brilliant with young players, also hasn't yet had any response from Iheanacho.

4) Gernot Rohr has dropped him from the Nigerian team slating him for his performances and professionalism.

If three of the best managers for improving young players can't inspire him, plus his National team manager publicly criticizes him, he's going to end up playing in league one for Bury with another lazy, uninterested striker, Beckford.

I reiterate my posting of yesterday, I hope I never see him in a Leicester City shirt again.

I really can't abide lazy, uninterested players, and it really annoys me this bloke cost our club £25 MILLION, is on £40+ grand A WEEK and has an attitude of 'I really don't give a rats ass' .

The sources that I have read quote £115k per week.

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/kelechi-iheanacho-strikers-pound115000-a-week-wage-is-a-big-problem-for-leicester/3w6gxlh

https://www.legit.ng/1168311-iheanacho-salary-week.html

https://www.givemesport.com/1231943-kelechi-iheanacho-is-earning-an-insane-amount-of-money-at-leicester-city

Edited by murphy
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

His performances have improved under Rodgers where be seems to play the deeper attacking role adequately. 

The fine lines in football are amazing. He misses a sitter against Man City and that means the media make Man City out to be brave and dominant against us. If he had scored, Man City would have been labeled bottlers and chastised! Nacho would have probably gone down in Liverpool folklore and talked about in football circles as the "man that decided the title" for years. 

- Nacho although been a flop shouldn't be judged solely on that miss and the slight signs of improvement recently should be taken into account. His pre-assist for Barnes goal the other week is just one example...

I don't think that one person has judged him solely on one miss.  That would be ridiculous.

What you are seeing here is the result of two years of frustration and disappointment, a fan base that has largely given up on him and a player that appears to have done the same.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

But he didn't score, so Liverpool folklore, though disappointed, is safe. Some might say it was never under threat.

I don't in fairness think that people have judged Nacho on that one miss. The fact that you've you've had to stoop to trawling the lowly catagory of the 'pre assist' for something actually good he's done tends to bear witness to his total uselessness ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

Pay more taxes than.

On 13/04/2019 at 06:08, hejammy said:

I agree, the booing is counter productive. But if Vardy gave very little, couldn't score, had a poor touch, not have the confidence of his team, couldn't head the ball etc then yes we would be going on at vardy the same way. So cannot compare 

No. We should never question or boo Vardy, even if one day he becomes that. Sorry, just no way.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not funny.

The criticism he's getting on here is unwarranted.

He's been really poor since he got here but if there is any hope for him he does have excellent pedigree. He won the Golden Ball in the U17 World Cup and when he joined us he was the most prolific striker in PL history by the metric of goals per minute.

Criticism of him is fair enough but with the racist attacks he had in the last couple of days we don't need to be attacking one of our own especially as he's such a young player. 

Don't take things so seriously, this is a player who's  done absolutely nothing for us and even his national team manager has criticised his effort and dropped him. Racist remarks  are wrong I agree but when your efforts are being questioned by your own countries manager and your own fans you have to expect some criticism and playful banter like above.

28 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Not funny.

He's been really poor since he got here but if there is any hope for him he does have excellent pedigree. He won the Golden Ball in the U17 World Cup and when he joined us he was the most prolific striker in PL history by the metric of goals per minute.

Criticism of him is fair enough but with the racist attacks he had in the last couple of days we don't need to be attacking one of our own especially as he's such a young player. 

'excellent pedigree'? Come off it. 

He shares that U17 World Cup record with Nii Lamptey, Sanni Emmanuel and Julio Gomez. They must have excellent pedigree. 

For every GOOD player there have been abject failures. 

Oh and the single metric you quote; that's why we don't pick one specific, unique statistic to prove a point. By the metric of goals per game Josh Harrup has one in one. He must have excellent pedigree.

I'm all for not writing off players, but suggesting spurious and watery facts as some kind of shining like it's at best blinkered. You judge what is in front of you. That is a player who has been dropped from his national team for not working hard enough, a player who missed so badly it has spawned a huge discussion of his fitness to perform for our club and a player who looks devoid of confidence. Is THAT excellent pedigree? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

'excellent pedigree'? Come off it. 

He shares that U17 World Cup record with Nii Lamptey, Sanni Emmanuel and Julio Gomez. They must have excellent pedigree. 

For every GOOD player there have been abject failures. 

Oh and the single metric you quote; that's why we don't pick one specific, unique statistic to prove a point. By the metric of goals per game Josh Harrup has one in one. He must have excellent pedigree.

I'm all for not writing off players, but suggesting spurious and watery facts as some kind of shining like it's at best blinkered. You judge what is in front of you. That is a player who has been dropped from his national team for not working hard enough, a player who missed so badly it has spawned a huge discussion of his fitness to perform for our club and a player who looks devoid of confidence. Is THAT excellent pedigree? 

Spot on he's shown absolutely nothing in regards to effort or quality since the day he joined.

• Like 1

Don't care how poor he has been - abuse is unwarranted.

He has never got what he needs (Not saying he would improve) - a consistent run in the side and don`t think he ever will tbh

Sell.

Edited by Dahnsouff

Guest bss9401

Thankfully there should be enough decent moments for us that could be put together in a montage and sent to clubs in Greece, Turkey or China,  to enable a half decent fee. 

4 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Thankfully there should be enough decent moments for us that could be put together in a montage and sent to clubs in Greece, Turkey or China,  to enable a half decent fee. 

worlds shortest video?

3 hours ago, dnewty said:

1743171413_Screenshot_20190508-130113_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.16c4bd9c8eff664be6081e5528651b7e.jpg

Itchy Knackers? 

F**k me, I thought "Poo-Hell" was the best our dipstick fans could come up with.

Whoever runs that Twitter account needs to give themselves a big pat on the back.

Edited by RoboFox

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

Not funny.

He's also one of the best strikers of the ball in training.

5 hours ago, ThaiFox said:

I understand completely. It's not my opinion that matters, though. I know that if the club decides to sell, it'll mean we've done absolutely everything and failed to get a tune out of Iheanacho. However, if he stays through pre-season, then I'm putting my faith in Brendan.