Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

He is a natural (instinct) goal scorer something you can’t teach, the rest around that like work rate etc you can as long as the player signs up to it himself, which on most occasions he hasn’t. If he applies himself he will make it here if not then he’ll be off.

I take it you didn't go to the Fleetwood cup game.

That was the most chances I have seen one player get for 3 seasons or so, and in the first half he missed at least 4 GOOD chances that an "instinctive" finisher should score

We got conned, admit it, get rid, and move on

9 hours ago, Simoken said:

Hmmm, Comparing him to Musa is a little farfetched dont you think? The guy has bags of potential and hes young! and intergrated nicely into a youthful 1st team, I think he is in the right place to develop into something special. Give it some time, maybe a year or two and lets see how hes doing? What annoys me is this rash impatient mentality football has grown into nowadays. As always i see forward rather than now, Hes not getting the form he wants because the squad has too much competition, no offence to Okazaki but hes been far useless this season than Inheanacho? why hasnt he become a target of negativity?

With regards to Inheanacho, I like the guy, hes a professional and takes a personal affect to his performances, you can see if when something doesnt pay off on the pitch, he gets frustrated. Plenty of room for improvement. He has some wonderful technique with his shots and has a true eye for goal.

PATIENT.

Wish I could see it this way - but disagree.

All I see is a sulky and fairly lazy footballer who thought he had made it when playing in Man City's first team and now doesn't have the right attitude to graft to improve and work on his many weak points. 

As another poster has said, we got conned.

• Like 1

IMHO he's a talented kid … more in his locker than Kramaric.

Ok somebody needs to give him a kick up the backside on occasions

and tell him to be switched on ALL of the time in a Premier League game

and not SOME of the time … but as the previous poster said he is only 21

and we need to be a bit more patient.

• Like 2

I've got to be honest my inclination is nearer to Arriba's. I think a lot of his shortcomings as a player aren't necessarily things he'll improve.

He has got some quality, there is no doubt about it but he's more often than not poor.

13 hours ago, Hanan96 said:

1. Passing. he made way more forward passes, completed passes, and assist. 

2. Creativity. created more chances than the other 2 striker. also the assist mentioned before

3.Dribbling. have more take on success than vardy and okazaki, overshadowed by his first touch, which can improve as vardy did.

4. Potential. as he's still below 25, surely yeat to reach his peak.

in case you want the stats

http://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix?matchPeriodType=ninety-minutes&c=p4906e190423,p12865e190423,p12864e190423&s=103,119,112,117,306,101

in case you want screenshoots

comparison.jpg.32fe7e0df4ce2b213d93c7b788c8c45d.jpg

and the stats are made in metrics since okazaki played far fewer matches than those two, so to be fairer

Vardy hasn't completed a single take-on all season? :blink:

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Vardy hasn't completed a single take-on all season? :blink:

Yes and it's something understandable given his playing style. 

Hes a good player, not necessarily have that attributes. 

His strength are pace, acceleration, and first time shoot. He also good in some other area and it is enough for him to become our best striker atm

On 15/11/2018 at 19:45, RODNEY FERNIO said:

IMHO he's a talented kid … more in his locker than Kramaric.

Ok somebody needs to give him a kick up the backside on occasions

and tell him to be switched on ALL of the time in a Premier League game

and not SOME of the time … but as the previous poster said he is only 21

and we need to be a bit more patient.

More in his locker than Kramaric? That’s a bold call, not sure I agree at all to be honest.

• Like 2

On 14/11/2018 at 09:03, Swan Lesta said:

He’s a 9 not a 10 and should be challenging Vardy for his spot and playing in cup games and the last 10 minutes of fames we are leading (if we ever are going to be leading a game) not being given square holed opportunities.

He has had some good games for us in the number 10 role, but I do think hes better further forward. 

What I don't like:

Let's get the negatives out of the way, he's not the quickest and his touch lets him down a lot, his work rate doesn't seem that brilliant either.

What I like:

He's the type that heavily relies on good service from others...arriving in the box, looking for a tap-in, sidefoot finish, 1 on 1 with the keeper... he's a pretty cool customer in front of goal, as we've seen with his penalties. I'd back him to score in most clear-cut situations. We've also seen some good assists from him.

• Like 3

In a way I feel sorry for the Nacho man - it’s similar to many stories we hear about young footballers who make a move which doesn’t suit them, confidence dips, performances get worse etc etc. I think he thought he would walk into the team but Vardy kept playing at a very high level.

We’re now used to watching a dynamic forward spearheading our team and we’ve built around that. Nacho is not that type of forward so his weaknesses stand out even more. I don’t think we’ll see the best of him unless he has a run in the side in the 9 position and we change our style of play, but that won’t happen unless something bad happens to Vardy

Edited by car1os

Very hard to criticise when he never gets a decent run in the team. Always dropped for vardy when he is not suspended. 

I would play Maddison behind Kelechi and Vardy for 5 games and see how they get on. Give them a chance and we will know more after a decent run of games. 

22 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

What I don't like:

Let's get the negatives out of the way, he's not the quickest and his touch lets him down a lot, his work rate doesn't seem that brilliant either.

What I like:

He's the type that heavily relies on good service from others...arriving in the box, looking for a tap-in, sidefoot finish, 1 on 1 with the keeper... he's a pretty cool customer in front of goal, as we've seen with his penalties. I'd back him to score in most clear-cut situations. We've also seen some good assists from him.

Classic poacher you mean?