Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho / Nacho Man

He's a strange player... another one of them who has spells and moments of excellent play and then falls apart for the next 6 games. End of last season he looked just about our best player for the lat 4 or 5 games and I thought he'd finally cracked it.

• Like 1

Nacho will go somewhere and score lots of goals, I'm sure of it. I just don't think its going to happen here.

Forever in Vardy's shadow for the main striker and he's not consistently good enough in open play to be number 10. Do I think he would have scored some of the chances Vardy has missed recently? Yes. Would he have been in position to miss those chances? Probably not.

• Like 2

On 18/11/2018 at 08:04, m4DD0gg said:

He's wank of course but this comment is chilling:

Tell me why we should not use Iheanacho for ritual. See control ???? #RSANGA — Karid Entity (L.S.F) (@BetMachinery) November 17, 2018

• Haha 1

Pep Guardola found out he wasn't that good for Man city and got rid, if Kelechi doesn't want to put the elbow grease in, he may come come to regret it several years down the line when he becomes a nobody. 

But hay he's still young and I hope he bulks down and improves his attitude and football touch.

Haven't read the whole thread, so maybe someone's already said this, but he reminds me of Jemaine Beckford. At times seems totally uninterested and at times very lazy.

I don't see any joy in him either. He always looks like he just doesn't give a rats ass, even after he scores.

He will score from time to time, but I just can't see him taking over from Vardy, or even Musa (if he was still here) unless his attitude changes, and that needs to happen quickly or he will find himself following Beckford and playing for the likes of Bury.

The problem with him is that he never holds down a place due to being a bit of a liability when he's not playing well.

He does have quality in his game but he is lacking in too many areas. His all-round game was never put to the test at Man City and unfortunately for me he's been found wanting.

Obviously I'll get the usual "you're writing him off" blah blah but I am not convinced he's going to come good for us.

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

He's quite clearly talented, he's just young. When given more game time and experience he'll improve; you only have to look at Chilwell to see this! 

The impatience of our fans never ceases to amaze me.

Talented but looks lazy. Needs to be shut in a dark room for hours and forced to watch videos of the movement of strikers better than him. Might learn what the missing ingredient is. Wouldn't hold my breath though.

On 19/11/2018 at 06:46, ThaiFox said:

Haven't read the whole thread, so maybe someone's already said this, but he reminds me of Jemaine Beckford. At times seems totally uninterested and at times very lazy.

I don't see any joy in him either. He always looks like he just doesn't give a rats ass, even after he scores.

He will score from time to time, but I just can't see him taking over from Vardy, or even Musa (if he was still here) unless his attitude changes, and that needs to happen quickly or he will find himself following Beckford and playing for the likes of Bury.

I don’t think it’s fair to have a knock on him for how he celebrates goals. I’m pretty sure his “celebration” is to say a prayer for his deceased mother.

Iheanacho came with somewhat of a reputation as not being just a striker, but as a forward that can “pick out a pass.” But I don’t think his skills are at that kind of level. I think he’s better as a true striker that takes the last touch on a play rather than one that joins in the build up.

Sorry doesn't seem willing to bust a gut to make himself a key player, has 5-10 min period were he looks good, than looks poor the rest.

Looks so one paced and lethargic. 

Look at Ben Chilwell's development, he's took the bull be the horns and applied himself. 

Need to have a long look in the mirror. 

• Like 1

If we sign another striker, Iheanacho will be way down in the pecking order next season

Number 10 - Maddison & Barnes

CF - Vardy, New Striker, Iheanacho??

That would make him 5th choice for our central attacking options 

Edited by Shane

23 hours ago, Jordan said:

I don’t think it’s fair to have a knock on him for how he celebrates goals. I’m pretty sure his “celebration” is to say a prayer for his deceased mother.

Iheanacho came with somewhat of a reputation as not being just a striker, but as a forward that can “pick out a pass.” But I don’t think his skills are at that kind of level. I think he’s better as a true striker that takes the last touch on a play rather than one that joins in the build up.

Obviously players celebrate scoring goals in different ways. Personally, I think they go way over the top at times and a lot celebrations nowadays look really naff.

But my comment on Nacho after scoring was not that I was knocking him for how he celebrates his goals, just a observation that he doesn't seem to have any joy, either when he scores or when the team score. It just looks to me like he really couldn't care less.

I totally agree with you that his pick a pass skills are nowhere near the level required at this point.

I just hope he can pull himself together and learn the game as I hate seeing a playing with potential waste that potential, as our other younger players seem to have improved considerably since Puel started believing in them, but I really can't see much, if any, improvement in Nacho.

For me, he is a big disappointment considering his huge fee.

2 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Obviously players celebrate scoring goals in different ways. Personally, I think they go way over the top at times and a lot celebrations nowadays look really naff.

But my comment on Nacho after scoring was not that I was knocking him for how he celebrates his goals, just a observation that he doesn't seem to have any joy, either when he scores or when the team score. It just looks to me like he really couldn't care less.

I totally agree with you that his pick a pass skills are nowhere near the level required at this point.

I just hope he can pull himself together and learn the game as I hate seeing a playing with potential waste that potential, as our other younger players seem to have improved considerably since Puel started believing in them, but I really can't see much, if any, improvement in Nacho.

For me, he is a big disappointment considering his huge fee.

People/fans get so easily carried away,on a person's facial,or body demeanor...or false interpreter expressions...

Arrogance,couldn't careless,lacking  effort,layer back..

Just look at sportsman like..Bolt,Muhammed Ali, Ronaldo,even Demi Ali(still has to prove himself,like Nacho!!)D.Beckham,Drogba..

I doubt,there is 2 harder working players,in their own sport ,since childhood as Ronaldo,or D.Beckham,if Drogba wasn't busting his gut,

he and Vardy,.looked totally disinterested...

so often too many,judge others on false reading,of others various outward or physical demeanor...journalists are no better..!!!

Nacho ,falls into that characteristic....So it becomes easy to get on the band-wagon.

Nacho,is struggling to push his attributes forward,yes we should be seeing this season,more from him..IMO he can still cut it,and just maybe

needs this whole season to prove it...!! It's a major challenge for Puel/coaching-staff to get our striking force ticking over and produce

improved performances....Plus tactics that gets Vardy and Nacho in those result areas...

On 19/11/2018 at 11:10, Crispin LA said:

Pep Guardola found out he wasn't that good for Man city and got rid, if Kelechi doesn't want to put the elbow grease in, he may come come to regret it several years down the line when he becomes a nobody. 

But hay he's still young and I hope he bulks down and improves his attitude and football touch.

Did he?  Remember the buy back clause?  Man City must have thought there was something special about his potential or they wouldn't have insisted on the option to take him back. 

...Unless that was just bluff and psychology.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Did he?  Remember the buy back clause?  Man City must have thought there was something special about his potential or they wouldn't have insisted on the option to take him back. 

...Unless that was just bluff and psychology.

Answered your own question there. Of course it was bluff.

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

Answered your own question there. Of course it was bluff.

I'm not so sure.

It's not like we were unwilling suitors.  The club wanted him, the fans on here certainly did with 100 page thread.  I don't think Man City needed to resort to dark arts to palm him off.

He has been a frustration since he has been here though, now is the time for him to step up.

I think he's a confidence player, once he starts a bad run he finds it hard to shake without a prolonged run out of the team. I do think fans getting on his back is part of the problem, there seems to be more audible groans for Iheanacho than any other player. If we get behind him when things get tough maybe he might show a bit more desire?

Edited by TheUltimateWinner