Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

10 years ago today - Nigel Pearson's first competitive game as LCFC manager

2 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yes. We should mark any anniversary associated with Nigel. Maybe we go for the anniversary of every goal scored, the anniversary date of every player he signed, maybe the anniversary of when he first joined, next joined and then the subsequent anniversaries of his sackings when he lost the plot on and off the field...

Part of our history, was good for us at the time.

Good idea. I might just do that. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I won about £230 off this game. Backed 2/0 and Fryatt to score first. 

Stockport away a week later was fun 

I still can't get my head around the fact I went to Stockport away for a league fixture lol 

League One was a low point but the away days were great.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I remember just before he got appointed, The Mercury printed our final three-man shortlist that read: John Gregory, Nigel Worthington or Nigel Pearson.

Can you imagine?

1792267926_greginabox.gif.9d006e9e0d47ce302e55c4e0b217a32a.gif

Gives me an excuse to post my Greg in a box made when he was favourite

• Haha 3

Legend!

Completely revolutionised this club from top to bottom.

We were a stinking old fashioned club going nowhere and he modernised the club from with his obsession to detail, conditioning, sports science and stastical scouting and brought is kicking and screaming to being a proper 21st century football club.

• Like 2

Our greatest manager. Will be honest (and this a was a lesson for me for why the big name is not always the best bet) I was quite disappointed on his appointment. Simply because I thought we needed a more experienced manager at the time. 

Boy (to my absolute delight) did he prove me wrong !! That summer he rebuilt us for the first time with quality signings and re-energised the club. 

Legend - that game was the start of our upward surge. Hopefully one that isn’t going to stop anytime soon.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stadt said:

When you look at Pearson's spells in context of historical league finishes it's incredible the progress we made.

We would never have won the league under him

Pearson was a slow learner but he usually got there in the end.

I'm not advocating for him to return but it baffles me that some still refuse to even grudingly admit he did an outstanding job.

Four spot on points :appl:

I remember being so disappointed by his appointment, how wrong I could be. He made me fall in love with football and leicester city again. I've almost blanked 2005-2008 from my mind, but how anyone can have any memory of those dark times and not love Pearson is beyond me.

• Like 1

League One defending is a shambles. 

People should watch more Championship and League One football before saying Chilwell is of that standard, or Chilwell is the new Mattock. Chilwell is 10x the player Joe Mattock ever thought he was.

• Like 1