Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

3 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's true to an extent - but it's not like Leicester have had one good season and clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd have had one bad season. 

Man Utd have been in decline for almost 10 years. Arsenal longer, and haven't won anything of significance for 10+ years. 

It's exactly this idea that they're 'big clubs' for the sake of it that's holding them back. But obviously long may it continue!

In the last 10 years Manchester United have won 2 league titles, 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cups and 1 Europa League.

In the same time period Arsenal have won 3 FA Cups. A trophy we’ve never won.

I think it’s nonsense to believe that these two clubs wouldn’t be a massive draw for someone like Brendan. Ultimately the best way to keep him, and any subsequent manager, would be to finish in the top four or win a trophy - then do it again - and again.

We need to demonstrate that you don’t need to leave Leicester to win things. Then we’ll be one of the big clubs. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

188264954_Screenshot2019-11-04at12_10_48.thumb.png.96e19e4c03859e3b21f51660dd144293.png

Won the title more recently than you sweetheart...

Interesting how you've selected maybe the only negative comment about us on that whole thread (from what I saw).

Most of them were very complementary.

edit: quoted the wrong person but still.....

Edited by Riot Van

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Nice, though he's still a crap commentator. How he's lead for BT Sport and the man who we hear for the Champions League Final is beyond me.

I agree...in the main...

This won’t go down well here but I thought his commentary of Spurs Ajax 2nd leg last year was quite special. You can tell he just let his emotions take over an absolutely mental 5 minutes of football and I have a lot of respect for that - especially when you compare it to Martin Tyler and his pre-rehearsed shite. I swear you could just use his fifa commentary cliches and put them on loop and it would do a better job than his live comms. 

Edited by Manini

4 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

That's true to an extent - but it's not like Leicester have had one good season and clubs like Arsenal and Man Utd have had one bad season. 

Man Utd have been in decline for almost 10 years. Arsenal longer, and haven't won anything of significance for 10+ years. 

It's exactly this idea that they're 'big clubs' for the sake of it that's holding them back. But obviously long may it continue!

....,.. well it is, 2015-16, we haven't finished above 8th in the Premier League in my time life time besides that, and we haven't won a cup competition in coming up to 20 years

Meanwhile, those two declining clubs over the 10 years you have quoted have won two Premier League Tropphy's, four FA cups, a Europa league between them and have finished above us every year pretty much.

Their bad seasons are often what most other clubs would consider excellent seasons. 

I'd be very careful about counting this as a successful season already, there is a long way to go

Edited by Manwell Pablo

7 hours ago, Koke said:

I get Rory's argument. If Arsenal or Msn Utd or Chelsea jobs became available in the summer of 2020 and they wanted Rodgers then Rodgers would most likely leave. Leicester are currently better than Arsenal and United in just about every way but those 2 clubs are so much bigger than us. Arsenal may hire Allegri and go from strength to strength and that job wont be available anymore so it would be foolish not to take the job when it does become available.

Rory is a Chelsea fan and he does come across as a hig club elitist but I think he is correct with his argument.

Its like when Holloway joined us from Plymouth. They sat 5th or 6th and we were near the bottom with a shambolic squad. But clearly we were a much bigger club than Plymouth. Big clubs are still more attractive than smaller ones regardless how bad they currently are.

Sadly for us, this is true.  Also, from Rodgers point of view it would be better to take on a giant that is underachieving rather than one that is winning.  If we continue our success, I think this is inevitable which is why it is so hard for a club like ours to crack the top six and establish itself there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Riot Van said:

Interesting how you've selected maybe the only negative comment about us on that whole thread (from what I saw).

Most of them were very complementary.

edit: quoted the wrong person but still.....

Everton fans are the worst some of them just can’t accept we’re better than them.

This rollercoaster of media and public perception is so crazy in the UK.  Did some God of Media just anoint us?  We’ve been good (and good to watch) and gradually improving since BR came in.  But the coverage and adulation are coming in a burst.

I read some of the comments on the BBC and Guardian post-match reports and saw “my second team” or “the neutral’s second club” mentioned several times with lots of upvotes.  It reminds me so much of another recent season, I can’t help thinking ahead to the backlash when something happens to signal it is time to tear down the pedestal.

We’re a wonderfully run, upwardly mobile club -- but how are we expected to “save football”?  Having great owners, and being able to feel good about the club on every level, is truly a gift.  So much better than having the stench of crude oil in the stadium.  But you only succeed in the PL by playing by its rules.  It’s not set up to allow something like the small-town, supporter owned Green Bay Packers taking the Super Bowl trophy.

If there is one thing Liverpool lack it is positive coverage.

We're the flavour of the month, that's all. Someone a bit different for a while with a media friendly manager. We certainly didn't get glowing articles when Puel was in charge.

Personally think the red side of Merseyside need to rock up at Sky HQ. How dare Sky spend their time talking about Leicester City and Crystal Palace.

During a Crystal Palace vs Leicester City match no less- it beggars belief. :nono:

5 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Nice, though he's still a crap commentator. How he's lead for BT Sport and the man who we hear for the Champions League Final is beyond me.

funny old world in that we all see things slightly diffrently. Other than the fact (I think) that hes a Forest fan, I quite like him

11 hours ago, Koke said:

I get Rory's argument. If Arsenal or Msn Utd or Chelsea jobs became available in the summer of 2020 and they wanted Rodgers then Rodgers would most likely leave. Leicester are currently better than Arsenal and United in just about every way but those 2 clubs are so much bigger than us. Arsenal may hire Allegri and go from strength to strength and that job wont be available anymore so it would be foolish not to take the job when it does become available.

Rory is a Chelsea fan and he does come across as a hig club elitist but I think he is correct with his argument.

Its like when Holloway joined us from Plymouth. They sat 5th or 6th and we were near the bottom with a shambolic squad. But clearly we were a much bigger club than Plymouth. Big clubs are still more attractive than smaller ones regardless how bad they currently are.

I enjoyed this., Actually some quite throughtful discussion. I cant disagree that Man U or Arsenal are bigger clubs, but right now I dont think Brendaon would automatically go as one of them was convinced. Maybe in a couple of years if we arent conisistentl challeging.............. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Manini said:

I agree...in the main...

This won’t go down well here but I thought his commentary of Spurs Ajax 2nd leg last year was quite special. You can tell he just let his emotions take over an absolutely mental 5 minutes of football and I have a lot of respect for that - especially when you compare it to Martin Tyler and his pre-rehearsed shite. I swear you could just use his fifa commentary cliches and put them on loop and it would do a better job than his live comms. 

I think Fletcher is excellent. Right back to his century radio days (even tho he devoted 95% of coverage to the wonderful Paul Hart forest side that memorably finished 7th in the championship)

But even with that aside, he's a knowledgeable, passionate and amenable commentator

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

A small clip but a complimentary one nevertheless :)

Also now know what Steve Bower looks like lol 

It's scary how winnable our next 6 are, didnt realise.

Dont think we will win all 6 of course but its not implausible.

35 minutes ago, Nalis said:

It's scary how winnable our next 6 are, didnt realise.

Dont think we will win all 6 of course but its not implausible.

Hmm could actually have enough points to be safe then :jawdrop:

Joking aside as long as our young guns don't start believing the hype and keep doing what they are doing. Claudio played a blinder in 15/16 by just focusing on the next target a game at a time. 40 points, top half, Europe, CL and finally then yes we really are going for it.

12 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Hmm could actually have enough points to be safe then :jawdrop:

Joking aside as long as our young guns don't start believing the hype and keep doing what they are doing. Claudio played a blinder in 15/16 by just focusing on the next target a game at a time. 40 points, top half, Europe, CL and finally then yes we really are going for it.

Exactly my first thought....dont get relegated.........  :-)

13 hours ago, Koke said:

I don’t know, personally I would find it much more satisfying trying to get leicester top 4 with an exciting young squad than going for the exact same goal with a team that expects nothing less, has millions of toxic glory hunters calling for your head after every slight setback etc etc

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Jacnah said:

I enjoyed this., Actually some quite throughtful discussion. I cant disagree that Man U or Arsenal are bigger clubs, but right now I dont think Brendaon would automatically go as one of them was convinced. Maybe in a couple of years if we arent conisistentl challeging.............. 

I found the constant interruption so irritating. But some good points made