Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

5 hours ago, Koke said:

Literally never heard a Leicester fan care about Aston Villa. Maybe in the 90s but in this era cant remember a single Leicester fan saying anything negative about Villa. Most of us are completely indifferent towards them.

Too many people take a bit of banter at games as forcing a rivalry. 

Football fans can be a bit weird when it comes to rivalries, like with Villa, they accuse everyone of begging a rivalry as if you have to be something special to be their rivals when their main rivals are Birmingham City.

• Like 1

Craig Burley is pretty spot on, there is a arrogance about Liverpool ex players and 90% of there fan base.

Nicol scuff at the fact we only have Kasper, Vardy, Evans in the satrtting 11 who have won the league and they forget to mention fuchs, Albrighton and Morgan all title winners also in the squad. 

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Craig Burley is pretty spot on, there is a arrogance about Liverpool ex players and 90% of there fan base.

Nicol scuff at the fact we only have Kasper, Vardy, Evans in the satrtting 11 who have won the league and they forget to mention fuchs, Albrighton and Morgan all title winners also in the squad. 

How many of the current Liverpool squad have won the Premier League...;)

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Michael Owen once said Jamie Vardy isn't a natural finisher. 

Let that sink in. 

Man shouldn't ever have gotten on TV. 

Just goes to show...that fans,pundits,ex-players alike ,might be wrong und totally off tangent when asking,sometimes demanding

that they should be Part & Partial of various discipline,Football Organisation committees,because they... "Understand" the game more  Plus its indiscrepencies and where its at..!!   

Owen,Merson,Sutton, and a few more Top of their game while playing....

Brain farts in Front of the Camera while giving Wise worldly opinions..!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

I personally feel we're more on the periphery of a title race rather than in the thick of it. If we beat Norwich on Saturday and get at this defensively suspect Man City side then we'll open a 9pt gap on third place and any slip up by Liverpool it means we're far and away the best placed side to take advantage. 

I think it's best we make a call if we're genuine title contenders after the Liverpool match on Boxing Day but anyone who completely dismisses our chances is a fool.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

And Gray

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Koke said:

Craig Butley and Steve Nicol are arguing over whether the title is over hahaha. ****ing hell why are there so many ex Liverpool players in the football media. It's like any player who pulled on  that red shirt is wheeled out as a pundit. Even Don Hutchinson is on our airwaves.

Cliff notes: Burley is saying 8 points is not impossible to claw back as proved by last season. Nicol is saying Leicester are no Man City so the league is over for all intent and purposes.

Whilst a bit too dismissive, his point is that Liverpool don't lose games. It's not mathematically out of the equation to win the league, it's highly improbable, you would be saying that Leicester cannot afford to drop a point, and Liverpool have to lose more games. 

As long as we can keep in touching distance, we will see... I for one am very happy with our position and hoping we can confirm a CL spot asap! Would have been an awesome achievement at the start of the season, would end up still being an awesome achievement.

7 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

Whilst a bit too dismissive, his point is that Liverpool don't lose games. It's not mathematically out of the equation to win the league, it's highly improbable, you would be saying that Leicester cannot afford to drop a point, and Liverpool have to lose more games. 

As long as we can keep in touching distance, we will see... I for one am very happy with our position and hoping we can confirm a CL spot asap! Would have been an awesome achievement at the start of the season, would end up still being an awesome achievement.

There's a saying in golf that says "Small target.Small miss" that I think goes straight to the heart of matter.

http://www.brucewilkinsgolf.com/articles/2015/small-target-small-miss

Better for us to aim and commit to the absolute top of our performance (the League) and settle for top 4.  Than aim for top 4 and settle for top 6.

Like in golf "play the ball as it lies" we'll just have to do the same at the end of the season. I want the "blade of grass" until then.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I personally feel we're more on the periphery of a title race rather than in the thick of it. If we beat Norwich on Saturday and get at this defensively suspect Man City side then we'll open a 9pt gap on third place and any slip up by Liverpool it means we're far and away the best placed side to take advantage. 

I think it's best we make a call if we're genuine title contenders after the Liverpool match on Boxing Day but anyone who completely dismisses our chances is a fool.

Possible boxing night we could be just 2pts behind them. Yes they will have a game in hand. 

But who will the pressure be on.

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

There's a saying in golf that says "Small target.Small miss" that I think goes straight to the heart of matter.

http://www.brucewilkinsgolf.com/articles/2015/small-target-small-miss

Better for us to aim and commit to the absolute top of our performance (the League) and settle for top 4.  Than aim for top 4 and settle for top 6.

Like in golf "play the ball as it lies" we'll just have to do the same at the end of the season. I want the "blade of grass" until then.

Yeah I agree with that, I think Rodgers will push us hard until the very end of the season.

1 hour ago, BirminghamFox said:

How many of the current Liverpool squad have won the Premier League...;)

This is so relevant and the pressure they are under at Anfield cannot be underestimated 

players in our squad who haven’t won a league title

ward

cags

chilly was around?

wilf

madders

dennis

ayoze

hamza was around?

harvey was around?

JJ

that’s approx half the first team starters who haven’t been part of a title winning side 

what about Liverpool??

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

This is so relevant and the pressure they are under at Anfield cannot be underestimated 

ward

cags

chilly was around?

wilf

madders

dennis

ayoze

hamza was around?

harvey was around?

JJ

that’s approx half the first team starters who haven’t been part of a title winning side 

what about Liverpool??

James Milner

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

This is what a lot of people do not realise. to many of them it is a job, something they happen to have a talent for and can get paid huge amounts to do. I am sure that most of us come 5pm (or whatever time your shift finishes) do not give a second thought to whatever it is we do at work. It is our time off to do with what we please. Would an accountant go home and then spend their whole weekend doing tax calculations for fun, or a shop worker set up loads of shelves to stack because they miss being at work?

I manage various projects at home! :whistle: :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

What you have to take into account is the weight of expectation on the scousers shoulders, they are expected to win it , they are desperate to win it, that's going to weigh heavy on them at some point and put them under a lot of pressure,  we on the other hand would be absolutely delighted with top 4 and barring a complete disaster looks like that's almost in the bag. We can play with freedom , enjoy the ride and see where it takes us , but we are under no pressure at all and that could make a huge difference over the next 22 games.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

ward

cags

chilly was in the match day squad but I don't think ever made an appearance

wilf

madders

dennis

ayoze

hamza was in the U23s

Harvey also in the U23s

JJ

what about Liverpool??

9 hours ago, Koke said:

Craig Butley and Steve Nicol are arguing over whether the title is over hahaha. ****ing hell why are there so many ex Liverpool players in the football media. It's like any player who pulled on  that red shirt is wheeled out as a pundit. Even Don Hutchinson is on our airwaves.

Cliff notes: Burley is saying 8 points is not impossible to claw back as proved by last season. Nicol is saying Leicester are no Man City so the league is over for all intent and purposes.

We have to be realistic here, Liverpool haven't lost a game since about 2017 or something (exaggeration), it would take an all mighty tumble and for us to be nigh on perfect all season for us to win the league. Whilst clearly not mathematically done and dusted, it's very very unlikely. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Babylon said:

We have to be realistic here, Liverpool haven't lost a game since about 2017 or something (exaggeration), it would take an all mighty tumble and for us to be nigh on perfect all season for us to win the league. Whilst clearly not mathematically done and dusted, it's very very unlikely. 

What odds would you put it at Babs?

5000-1?

At least Liverpool have been unconvincing in a lot of games this season, their general play was better last season so here’s hoping they eventually **** up somewhere. They’ve struggled to keep clean sheets too.

The biggest concern is that we’re going to have win basically every game to even keep up. What helps is that the pressure is all on them and Klopp isn’t exactly the calmest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Very true and I'd agree, but they only lost game last year and still didn't win the title, they basically draw to many games, Man City lost 4 and still won the title.

Football is a funny game, that has a habit of throwing up amazing stories, Rodgers stopping Liverpool would be such a quirk of fate. 

I don't think it will happen, and I think we should all focus on enjoying the ride.