Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Hopefully Watford could be a new sister club :fc:

Weird siblingness.

LCFC: What was your standout moment of the decade? 

WFC: Beating you! 

LCFC : Oh... Ok. *rubs shiney trophies*

:cool:

Have you seen his speech to their first team on twitter? 

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

We should have changed that after we won the league to "Premier League champions, you'll never sing that."

Would have been great for three reasons:

1. Would have been accurate for muck like Huddersfield or whoever the hipsters like to remind you won the league. 

2. Would have really pissed off the FoOtbAlL dIdNt StArT iN 1992 melts. 

3. Would have been hilarious to sing to Liverpool at the time. 

I consider myself to be one of those melts…

never got my head around div 3 being league one....  utter nonsense…

Teams achievements prior to 92 were no less valid

3rd point is difficult to argue though :ph34r:

• Like 1

Interesting quote from the Liverpool Echo............

The side are over-performing in some areas to a level that isn't common, meaning that regression to what is normal will likely occur as the season progresses.

That's it Folks - we are going to crash and burn .............eventually.  Hopefully after Boxing Day. 

36 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

The side are over-performing in some areas to a level that isn't common, meaning that regression to what is normal will likely occur as the season progresses.

That's it Folks - we are going to crash and burn .............eventually.  Hopefully after Boxing Day. 

They really are shitting themselves aren't they 🤣🤣

28 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

For a team that hasn't won the Premier league ever 46pts out of a possible 48pts indicates over performing, they keep performing like they have and the walk the league and rightly so. Putting down our performances plays down their own. As for rivalries we probably due to location don't have a local derby and also the general media do not get this East Midlands thing. We are not from Manchester, Merseyside, London the North East or Glasgow so clearly places like Leicester, Nottingham and Derby do not have the passion for football like these other "homes of football" 

Craig Butley and Steve Nicol are arguing over whether the title is over hahaha. ****ing hell why are there so many ex Liverpool players in the football media. It's like any player who pulled on  that red shirt is wheeled out as a pundit. Even Don Hutchinson is on our airwaves.

Cliff notes: Burley is saying 8 points is not impossible to claw back as proved by last season. Nicol is saying Leicester are no Man City so the league is over for all intent and purposes.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Yes said:

I like how we’re apparently trying to create a rivalry when there’s mostly Spurs fans underneath the original tweet saying it’s very possible to dislike us.

Seems that’s always the first thing fans jump to now, “stop trying to force a rivalry with us”, saw it with some Villa fans yesterday as well.

Literally never heard a Leicester fan care about Aston Villa. Maybe in the 90s but in this era cant remember a single Leicester fan saying anything negative about Villa. Most of us are completely indifferent towards them.

• Like 2

On 08/12/2019 at 18:54, urban.spaceman said:

532960082_Screenshot2019-12-08at17_51_04.thumb.png.c4ec4886429c9f36b0720e0df4631fd9.png

2034851909_Screenshot2019-12-08at17_51_55.thumb.png.282c74d8b427411e3fe2592adf88c8c9.png

1661910190_Screenshot2019-12-08at17_52_37.thumb.png.4d16118155a56d691d203789464d4ada.png

145461769_Screenshot2019-12-08at17_53_15.thumb.png.58e0b1c87e2daf305cf898efc0f32bd7.png

giphy.gif

10 seconds in and Michael Owen says "When I watch Leicester City they dont dominate possession" lol yes quite clearly he doesn't often watch us. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Vlad the Fox said:

This is were tv producers need to start getting on at these pundits. shef united had it early in the season with them being accused of being a long ball team. They do zero research and just peddle out generic crap and commonly held perceptions. They’re paid good money as experts to come on these shows and give expert opinion, yet they are doing neither. It seems to be only football that gets away with it, imagine the election run in if political commentators were constantly referring to the parties old manifestos from previous elections as if they were current. It’s lazy, disrespectful and taking their employers and viewers for mugs. 

You would think anyone who has spent 15-20 years in the same profession would be expert in their field. Football seem to be the exception. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koke said:

10 seconds in and Michael Owen says "When I watch Leicester City they dont dominate possession" lol yes quite clearly he doesn't often watch us. 

Well actually he says that it doesn’t feel like we dominate possession but the stats back up that we do. Listen I think Owen is a cretin of the highest order but that’s actually a compliment because he’s saying that our attack is so fast and ruthless that we make it count unlike when Puel was in charge it was sideways football for 90 minutes!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Koke said:

You would think anyone who has spent 15-20 years in the same profession would be expert in their field. Football seem to be the exception. 

I’m sure a lot don’t bother with it away from training and playing and barely watch any football or just watch the big games/teams and form their opinions from watching man city dominate a team and assume that’s how that team plays, sitting deep trying to hit the front man. Or when a team has a bit of success just assume that’s how they are playing seasons after. I remember after O’Neil left we were still ‘dangerous from set pieces’ though we hadn’t caused anyone any significant problems for years. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Well actually he says that it doesn’t feel like we dominate possession but the stats back up that we do. Listen I think Owen is a cretin of the highest order but that’s actually a compliment because he’s saying that our attack is so fast and ruthless that we make it count unlike when Puel was in charge it was sideways football for 90 minutes!

Another misguided ex-player turned expert pundit. The media is full of twats like him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I shouldn’t worry about that. After the Martin O’Neill era we were a team: “good at corners and set pieces” for about 15 years. Despite hardly ever scoring from any of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Koke said:

Craig Butley and Steve Nicol are arguing over whether the title is over hahaha. ****ing hell why are there so many ex Liverpool players in the football media. It's like any player who pulled on  that red shirt is wheeled out as a pundit. Even Don Hutchinson is on our airwaves.

Cliff notes: Burley is saying 8 points is not impossible to claw back as proved by last season. Nicol is saying Leicester are no Man City so the league is over for all intent and purposes.

He is spot on, we are no Man city, we are 6 points ahead of them, therefore at this moment in time we are the better team.

I really would love to win it just so we can stick it up all these twats arses.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I’m sure a lot don’t bother with it away from training and playing and barely watch any football or just watch the big games/teams and form their opinions from watching man city dominate a team and assume that’s how that team plays, sitting deep trying to hit the front man. Or when a team has a bit of success just assume that’s how they are playing seasons after. I remember after O’Neil left we were still ‘dangerous from set pieces’ though we hadn’t caused anyone any significant problems for years. 

This is what a lot of people do not realise. to many of them it is a job, something they happen to have a talent for and can get paid huge amounts to do. I am sure that most of us come 5pm (or whatever time your shift finishes) do not give a second thought to whatever it is we do at work. It is our time off to do with what we please. Would an accountant go home and then spend their whole weekend doing tax calculations for fun, or a shop worker set up loads of shelves to stack because they miss being at work?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Michael Owen once said Jamie Vardy isn't a natural finisher. 

Let that sink in. 

Man shouldn't ever have gotten on TV. 

Love that Vardy is now 4 goals off 20 in a season for the 3rd time.. something Owen never managed

• Like 1