Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

18 hours ago, Stadt said:

yeah sure

We haven't flirted with relegation for two years even with a manager who everyone hated yet if we lost three players under a much better manager (and decided not to replace them) the club would collapse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dorkingfox said:

The last time Vill a won Div 1 (never won Prem) was 1981, the previous 6 were in Victorian times, living in the past as usual, who cares about the past!!

1894, 1896, 1897, 1899, 1900 & 1910, bet there was not much oppersition then, 71 years till the next one.

technically, TECHNICALLY... our league win is in the past. The whole thing about any clubs history is that it happened in the past. 

(yes I am fun at parties) 

You'd have to be pretty dense to sing about somebody not being Champions of England on a day they are remembering a manager who made them Champions of England.

I realise some of our songs are shit but that is a different level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

You'd have to be pretty dense to sing about somebody not being Champions of England on a day they are remembering a manager who made them Champions of England.

I realise some of our songs are shit but that is a different level.

Think the point is that we didnt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I like how we’re apparently trying to create a rivalry when there’s mostly Spurs fans underneath the original tweet saying it’s very possible to dislike us.

Seems that’s always the first thing fans jump to now, “stop trying to force a rivalry with us”, saw it with some Villa fans yesterday as well.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

We really need to stop posting whatever Spurs fans say about us, Spurs hate every club. Very very bitter fanbase, due to their spursiness. And honestly when you consider the spursiness, you can't really blame them. What a terrible club to support.

This, if we keep on posting every moronic tweet about us this thread will be full of shite in a day.

This thread is for when people of consequence say something of interest, not nobodies tweeting irrelevance. I would include washed up has beens trying to generate clicks in that.

16 minutes ago, Yes said:

I like how we’re apparently trying to create a rivalry when there’s mostly Spurs fans underneath the original tweet saying it’s very possible to dislike us.

Seems that’s always the first thing fans jump to now, “stop trying to force a rivalry with us”, saw it with some Villa fans yesterday as well.

I think it’s a defensive mechanism 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

ha ha!

I mean, even if we were singing "you'll never sing that" to VIlla, technically we're telling them that they will never win the league in the future, regardless of whether they won it a couple of times in the 1890's

Can't see what what the problem is. "You'll never sing that ....etc" is accurate.

None of them singing were probably born 40 years ago, and they ain't going win it on the next 40 years either

As the chant goes they live in the past like Forest. As somebody mentioned, Huddersfield Town have a better history than any midlands team, but they don't live in the past and accept that football has moved on. For the record Villa were poor at the weekend and on that showing are one of the worst two teams in the division.

• Thanks 1