Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

The only reason someone like Maddison would have for joining Man Utd right now is to get in the England team more regularly. 

We've seen for ages now there's a definite bias with England managers picking younger players from the traditional big clubs whether they are particularly good or not. Just look at Jesse Lingard. He wouldn't get in the England side anywhere near as much if at all, if he played for someone like Crystal Palace or Watford. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

Maddison has also said that Leicester signed him as he was recovering from his knee ligament injury, and that we took “a risk” - his signing meant that Norwich only had to sell him to stay afloat financially. He then says he will “always be grateful to Leicester”. He’s going nowhere

For now :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're doing everything right with Maddison. We've made him a poster boy, we put him in front of the cameras for post match interviews etc. He'll be on the big bucks soon when or if this new contract comes about. 

He also seems quite committed to us, judging by his comments in interviews, and seems quite a loyal guy, on the same level as Vardy, in respect to us giving him the chance to shine on the big stage and having the faith we have in him

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Guybino said:

I live in Thailand, pretty much every Thai "knows of" Leicester. I see a few Leicester shirts around, but I also see plenty of Liverpool and Manchester United. Other than the King Power LCFC shop at BKK airport and the dedicated King Power malls (and online of course) it is pretty difficult to get your hands on LCFC merchandise. IE If i go to one of the big night markets here (Phuket) I can easily find Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc jerseys but not so much Leicester. 

I'm just back from Thailand. Was disappointed at the lack of prominence of Leicester. At BKK airport I was expecting some promotion in the KP duty free area, e.g. a montage of the team, but there was nothing at all. On the ride from the airport into Bankok I saw billboards showing Liverpool and Man U promotions.

Discovered (by accident) the King Power Tower in Bangkok and went up to the top - 78 floors. Fabulous place to lounge with a (not too expensive) colonial cuppa.  It was expensive to go to the top, though, at £22 each. Being pensioners, we were lucky enough to get it for just £8 each.

There was no sign of any Leicester City reference, which really surprised me, and I had to be persistant for them to reveal that some LCFC items were on sale on the 2nd floor. The stuff was tucked away, not prominent, and when we found it there were only first team shirts, and a very limited stock. I got the only medium sized one left. Reduced price, but I suspect it is last season's.

In spite of the initial disappointment I ended up a happy boy. A new shirt, a great experience at the to, the KP connection, and a few good photos.

Incidentally, the building has an interesting design and quite an iconic look. I would recommend anyone who goes to Bangkok to pay a visit to it.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I'm just back from Thailand. Was disappointed at the lack of prominence of Leicester. At BKK airport I was expecting some promotion in the KP duty free area, e.g. a montage of the team, but there was nothing at all. On the ride from the airport into Bankok I saw billboards showing Liverpool and Man U promotions.

Discovered (by accident) the King Power Tower in Bangkok and went up to the top - 78 floors. Fabulous place to lounge with a (not too expensive) colonial cuppa.  It was expensive to go to the top, though, at £22 each. Being pensioners, we were lucky enough to get it for just £8 each.

There was no sign of any Leicester City reference, which really surprised me, and I had to be persistant for them to reveal that some LCFC items were on sale on the 2nd floor. The stuff was tucked away, not prominent, and when we found it there were only first team shirts, and a very limited stock. I got the only medium sized one left. Reduced price, but I suspect it is last season's.

In spite of the initial disappointment I ended up a happy boy. A new shirt, a great experience at the to, the KP connection, and a few good photos.

Incidentally, the building has an interesting design and quite an iconic look. I would recommend anyone who goes to Bangkok to pay a visit to it.

This was the coolest thing I saw in Thailand !  Quite a few shirts around and about too…dG4NoPS.jpg

• Like 2

On 12/12/2019 at 09:14, davieG said:

Well I hope that in the future all these overseas fans have clubs in their own country to support and we in England are back to relying on local support only.

A pipe dream and unlikely to happen in my life time but it’s how it should be.

Sorry DavieG 

• Haha 2