Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

9 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Haha Adrian Durham does love to wind up the Arsenal fans. Imagine saying he could better Arsene Wenger's achievements inside 5 years. When he would have to start with that sorry excuse for a Premier League squad. Absolute crazy talk.

What isn't so crazy is that Rodgers might fancy it if he thinks he'd have time, money to spend and an even bigger wage than he's on here. He might fancy the chance to go down as a legend at somewhere like Arsenal.

But, I'd like to hope that he knows which side his bread's buttered being at Leicester. A new training ground, a blueprint for success, good wages, an exciting project, and a chance to establish a club among the elite rather than pander to entitled fans/owners who think it's their divine right to be up there.

I just hope our rate of progress matches his ambitions, but if not, I'd back the club to make the right appointment to replace him.

I think having already managed a "big club" he's less likely to have his head turned by Arsenal. He knows we are ambitious probably more so than BR and the owners will do everything they can to match his ambition and keep him here.

I doubt he would go to a team that needs rebuilding when he is building a very good team here, they problem will come when Vardy retires and a few others move on and we start to drift away, that's when he will have the choice to rebuild here or go somewhere else. That won't be for a couple of years yet.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, nnickn said:

We must not bury our heads in the sand, through some kind of loyalty towards Nacho, I think we all know at this stage he is in over his head.

A replacement striker is really needed for the benefit of the team as a whole.

It would be a good move in January if we can find someone.  Who is the next Ings?  Missing in action a huge club and looking for his next move.

10 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Premier League team of 2020. Not one City player in there.

Who would sneak in though? I think we've performed well as a team at times, but individuals I'm not sure we have a stand out. Castagne started well, but has been injured for 2 month. Forfana has played well, but in reality enough to get in the back 4 (although Van Dijk being in is a joke). 

EDIT: hang on, is the calendar year team?

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

I think the problem is, even if they hadn't been injured they wouldn't have made it.

Picking your mate at CB just ends all credibility for the rest of the feature, I love watching those two but as soon as I saw Coady's name I went to bed, just completely undermines the rest of the selection. 

12 hours ago, Koke said:

They have a point about Europa League. If/when we come up against Milan/United/Leverkusen in later rounds, Rodgers has to play his strongest team in both the EL and league. It'll be interesting to see how we cope. Its easy playing against Zorya and AEK with reserve players.

Well, we've been playing a lot of reserve players in EPL games too and we're in second place. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Who would sneak in though? I think we've performed well as a team at times, but individuals I'm not sure we have a stand out. Castagne started well, but has been injured for 2 month. Forfana has played well, but in reality enough to get in the back 4 (although Van Dijk being in is a joke). 

EDIT: hang on, is the calendar year team?

I believe it's calendar year. Otherwise I don't see how Coady gets in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I believe it's calendar year. Otherwise I don't see how Coady gets in. 

Well we were shit after Christmas, so probably fair.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, AKCJ said:

We've only had 1 more point than Arsenal in 2020.

We're 9th in the annual table. There isn't a single Leicester player that should be in that side. I think there would have been a few in the 2019 version though.

Out of interest, anyone know how many of our players got in the 2019 selection?!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

I love this. 

Liverpool fans trying to banter Leicester City. That’s how far we’ve come. That they have to proclaim their ‘superiority’ over us. Never, ever let them forget that we won the Premier League before them. 

I see they've had to cage and alarm their "replica" trophies.

• Haha 1