Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Who would sneak in though? I think we've performed well as a team at times, but individuals I'm not sure we have a stand out. Castagne started well, but has been injured for 2 month. Forfana has played well, but in reality enough to get in the back 4 (although Van Dijk being in is a joke). 

EDIT: hang on, is the calendar year team?

Brilliant..!! Its just what we want...No stress, no expectations, we can Quietly go on our merry way..Continue strutting our Stuff under the radar...!!

• Thanks 1

On 18/11/2020 at 13:34, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure I could afford him mate, and wtf would I get him to do  anyway  :dunno:

Get him to mow your lawn. I’ve always wanted my own footballer to watch in his full kit mowing my lawn as I sat on the patio reading a good book and sipping a cold beer during the summer. I nearly put a bid in for junior lewis at one point but realised that there wouldn’t be any room for him in the shed after he’d put away the qualcast self propelled petrol lawnmower. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It’s so boring. Two-bit media outlets trying to talk Rodgers into a new job without ever asking why he would leave at this point. Arsenal getting spanked 4-1 by Man City (currently) to go out of the League Cup, sitting just above the relegation zone and arguably facing the toughest EL tie which they’ll probably lose too. We’re not Celtic, we haven’t reached our ceiling..

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It's absolutely natural that Rodgers will get linked with bigger clubs because he's a talented manager.

Whether it's the right time for him to go to Arsenal is another matter completely.

30 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've only got to LB so far in the team of the season so far, but the content and opinion is easy above the usual garbage punditry 

Got to say, I agree with the team picked. The debate over Grealish is interesting and I think the points the chap picking the team makes are spot on; as brilliant as Grealish is, he's still not at the same level for effectiveness as, the example given, Sadio Mane.

12 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's absolutely natural that Rodgers will get linked with bigger clubs because he's a talented manager.

Whether it's the right time for him to go to Arsenal is another matter completely.

Anyone that thinks Arsenal is a step up from us right now are living in the past..

Vardy realised that about 4 years ago

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I've only got to LB so far in the team of the season so far, but the content and opinion is easy above the usual garbage punditry 

I wouldn't get over-excited, once you get past that it's basically a Liverpool fan shoe-horning Liverpool players into every position. Guarantee that if Liverpool didn't have such "injury problems" (not sure whether anybodys mentioned it) he'd have had at least 8 Liverpool players in that line up... 

Edited by nwl fox

Arsenal are such a toxic club right now, Arteta may be one of the very few things they have got right.

Their ownership and senior management are only concerned with the money, not with bringing in trophies

Their squad is full of overpaid average players who aren't interested in playing for the club

The fans and the club as a whole are against each other

I think Arteta has the ability to be a good manager, he's being let down by his players.

15 hours ago, splinterdream said:

As good BR is, he does get an easier ride here than he would at at Arsenal or United. Would Arsenal tolerate bottling a 15 point lead and allow United to leapfrog them to 4th? Would Arsenal or United tolerate losing home games to Fulham, Villa, West Ham etc? I just think Rodgers has a perfect gig here where bad home losses and horrific run of firm isn't heavily scrutinised by the media as it would be at bigger clubs. 

Rodgers gets praise by the media for beating Guardiola, Bielsa & Mourinho but they don't show the same energy when he loses to Dean Smith, Scott Parker and David Moyes.

• Like 1

I always said since he came I wouldn't have any gripes with Rodgers moving on to what he feels is a better project because he did it when he came here. Obviously we can all have our own opinions about what is a better job but I wouldn't knock the man for doing something that is so obviously in his character to do. Fool me once.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I always said since he came I wouldn't have any gripes with Rodgers moving on to what he feels is a better project because he did it when he came here. Obviously we can all have our own opinions about what is a better job but I wouldn't knock the man for doing something that is so obviously in his character to do. Fool me once.

Yes agreed.  

But I'm unconcerned about Arsenal.  It'll  take at least five windows - and an extraordinary  amount of money - to build a squad that's even close to our current level. 

A far bigger danger  would be Man Utd sacking Solskjaer in the next 12 months or even Mourinho having a sudden bust up at Spurs.

I happen to think though that the fit is good between us. It's possible that Rodgers does his best work with, in his own words, 'silver medallists'....and entirely  possible  he knows that.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

As good BR is, he does get an easier ride here than he would at at Arsenal or United. Would Arsenal tolerate bottling a 15 point lead and allow United to leapfrog them to 4th? Would Arsenal or United tolerate losing home games to Fulham, Villa, West Ham etc? I just think Rodgers has a perfect gig here where bad home losses and horrific run of firm isn't heavily scrutinised by the media as it would be at bigger clubs. 

I think they would bite your hand off for that right now for doing what we did last season. 8th last year was their worse league position for 25 years.

In the last 43 years they have only finished outside of the top 10 once, it looking likely this year. 

I don't think Rodgers is bothered by by having an easer ride after handling the pressure at Liverpool and Celtic.

24 minutes ago, Koke said:

Rodgers gets praise by the media for beating Guardiola, Bielsa & Mourinho but they don't show the same energy when he loses to Dean Smith, Scott Parker and David Moyes.

Let be honest any manager of the big 6 is going to have more pressure then at a club like Leicester, it sells more players and attracts more readers, watchers and listeners 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Yes agreed.  

But I'm unconcerned about Arsenal.  It'll  take at least five windows - and an extraordinary  amount of money - to build a squad that's even close to our current level. 

A far bigger danger  would be Man Utd sacking Solskjaer in the next 12 months or even Mourinho having a sudden bust up at Spurs.

I happen to think though that the fit is good between us. It's possible that Rodgers does his best work with, in his own words, 'silver medallists'....and entirely  possible  he knows that.

No chance an ex liverpool manager goes to yanited ...