Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

1 hour ago, 4everfox said:

Leaving Leicester for Man United is the equivalent of committing career suicide. I'm pretty sure Mahrez has never reached the level displayed in 15/16 since leaving us either. 

We're also on course to break the so called big 6 for the third time in six years. How many times do we need to embarrass these clubs before we are taken seriously? 

Why are more people not seeing this when this is exactly what happened to Maguire.

I think people forget that Maguire was a good player for us and there's a reason Man U paid £80m for him. He wasn't always crap - has become crap by playing in a crap team with a crap manager.

Anyone recommending anybody move to Man U at this point in time is a fool or a green-eyed agent.

• Like 3

On 14/11/2020 at 22:59, Spudulike said:

Not much in the way of Health & Safety that day. Not sure we'd ever heard of it but it was a bit packed on that terrace. Remember not being able to get my arms above head height and hell of a crush when we scored. Had no idea who Joe Waters was. Oh yes for the youngster. 

Lost most of my money on the train on the way down having been introduced to Spoof. 

YEh met a group of young lads,who were ready to be taken in a game of Spoof...Winnings Paid for game Ticket & a Slap up meal afterwards...:bounce:

1 minute ago, surrifox said:

Absolutely . The unquantifiable component however is legacy and that matters when you’ve got all the money you can spend . Maguire has gone from being broadly admired as a worthy defender (with us ) to to the biggest waste of money in the history of the club ( to Man U supporters) , to a twat getting his collar felt in a foreign nightclub ( to the general public) and a laughable fraudulent white goods appliance ( to every other Prem Club supporter) 

That’s got to hurt 

I'm sure the extra £100k a week softens the blow.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Maguire's playing in the Champions league, he's a first choice for England and he doubled his wages. Similarly Mahrez has doubled his wages and he has league and cup medals to show for his move. I seriously doubt either of them think they've committed career suicide.

It's not about what the players think. The fact of the matter is that neither of those players have moved onto the "next level" in a footballing sense by leaving us. Maguire has regressed since leaving us and Mahrez may have doubled his wages, but his skills haven't progressed to the "next level".

Going back to my original point, I personally think Tielemans has a chance of becoming a world class player for us, he doesn't need to leave to reach the "next level".

• Thanks 1

Maguire, Mahrez.... Tielemans ...

The best way to ensure that we keep these players is to demonstrate we can qualify for the Champions League or challenge to on a regular basis. We also have to win some silverware. We have to demonstrate that they don't need to move to be at the “next level”

That’s why it was so disappointing that we missed out on CL last season when so well placed. We all scoffed when players were linked to the likes of Man Utd or Arsenal last season, but ultimately the former finished above us and qualified for the Champions League and the latter won the FA Cup. 

Before them Kante left and won the league again. Mahrez left and won the league and other silverware and Drinkwater ....... is the exception to prove the rule.

Qualify for CL and/or win trophies = keeping your best players. But it’s bloody hard, which is why it rarely happens and when it does - you’ve got to do it again. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Love these photos of both stadiums close together. Can’t wait for another photo like this once the stadium expansion is done. :cool:

Still sad to see the filbert street outline mind you :(

Some of the replies are pretty funny, Chelsea, Anfield & Everton.

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

It's not about what the players think. The fact of the matter is that neither of those players have moved onto the "next level" in a footballing sense by leaving us. Maguire has regressed since leaving us and Mahrez may have doubled his wages, but his skills haven't progressed to the "next level".

Going back to my original point, I personally think Tielemans has a chance of becoming a world class player for us, he doesn't need to leave to reach the "next level".

They’ve moved onto the next level career wise - bigger clubs and way larger earnings .... it’s a job for these guys - vardy is very much the exception I’m afraid .....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

They’ve moved onto the next level career wise - bigger clubs and way larger earnings .... it’s a job for these guys - vardy is very much the exception I’m afraid .....

I don't know, maybe Vardy was the smart one. If he'd gone to Arsenal he'd probably have been binned off by now and ended up at Burnley or Palace or in the championship. Nobody would risk big money on someone his age. I do think he has maximised his earnings by staying put.

Drinkwater had a big fat contract, but he won't get another. Mahrez is a funny one I'm still not sure he made the right decision. He'll probably end up at PSG and make a tidy sum but never really live up to his potential. Maguire could go either way, new manager will either bin him off or turn his fortunes round. Chilwell will do well for himself at Chelsea.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Isn't really anything incorrect about what he's said there tbh.

Didn't realise that about the chance creation as well, not ideal.