Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Would Forest get the Leeds treatment should they come up do you reckon? I reckon they would.

No.

Forest were never a big club, they were a small club that had a few seasons of remarkable success under an astonishingly good management team.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Buce said:

No.

Forest were never a big club, they were a small club that had a few seasons of remarkable success under an astonishingly good management team.

Like Tottenham then? Or maybe Chelsea?  

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Coventry would get more coverage than us because they won the cup 30 odd years ago? Do you really believe that?

Not saying that. However, the media would go on and on about it raising their profile unjustifiably. 

3 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not saying that. However, the media would go on and on about it raising their profile unjustifiably. 

So, we don't get enough coverage because of prejudice but if Coventry ever got to the Prem, they should get less?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

So, we don't get enough coverage because of prejudice but if Coventry ever got to the Prem, they should get less?

I'll try again: not making any comparisons with which clubs get more coverage. My response is in relation to the post about NottsF getting the Leeds treatment and subsequently which others might get similar due to past history. 

:nigel:

We are bigger than Derby so there's no way there would be any special interest shown towards them of they ever hot promoted. 

Forest domt have the fan base Leeds have so other than the initial interest which would soon die off, they'd be treated like us and Wolves. 

32 minutes ago, nwl fox said:

Sorry but that's nonsense. When Derby got promoted in 2007-8 the media weren't interested in them in the slightest, their only interest was in them getting a record low points haul. Ipswich and Coventry would equally be of very little interest. Portsmouth may get a bit as its a chance for them to roll out Ol' Harry again, but other than that there'd be no more interest in any of those teams than there is in Leicester.

You're forgetting: this is not just Derby County, this is Wayne Rooneys Derby County and another opportunity to cover Man U. 

The thing with Forest is that Nottingham for whatever reason is considered bigger and more interesting (Robin Hood) by the media and the Government.

So they naturally or unnaturally attract more interest, government funding and preferential consideration. The Football Club therefore picks up some of that interest/bias.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

You don’t mention the article further above the Man City one that has a quote in the headline from Rogers saying ‘Leicester can disrupt hierarchy’, which I’d say is pretty relevant to your point.

I was pointing out how the media report or as is the case, not, on Leicester City not what our own manager says.

11 hours ago, Spudulike said:

It was going on 40 years ago. I remember Central News very rarely featuring us on the Friday night preview and Star Soccer hardly ever venturing towards the East (apart from our crappy neighbours). Derogatory songs and banners about Jimmy Greaves, in fact I can remember singing something about him at Wembley after the Silence of the Rams. 

God I still dream of that game. 

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

When the media don't talk us up: "Why are they ignoring our players and manager!!!"

When the media talk us up: "They're trying to sell our players and get the manager a move!!!"

I think people just get annoyed that people like Danny Murphy will say something like 'maddison is playing so well at the moment,  you have to feel he is too good for Leicester.  If he keeps this form up he could get a dream move to a club like arsenal'

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, FOXSE said:

I think people just get annoyed that people like Danny Murphy will say something like 'maddison is playing so well at the moment,  you have to feel he is too good for Leicester.  If he keeps this form up he could get a dream move to a club like arsenal'

Personally find it massively encouraging for several reasons:

• Our scouting is largely sensational
  • We are actually hindering clubs like the Arsenal you mention, as we are impacting their finances (Who despite sometimes seeming bottomless, are not)
  • We show to future potential players that we are a pathway, we will improve you, and we will not block your career - you can move to us safely

I actually sat the match of the day highlights yesterday and was amazing that Maddison and Tielemens were highlighted and they were given heels of praise and I don’t think I remember any other club being mentioned. Not even by Danny Murphy

• Like 1