Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

14 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Where is the second PL player in that list ??

Diallo has signed for United I think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55511780

To that end, while United sources are predicting a quiet January transfer-wise, one player who is arriving, provided all the post-Brexit paperwork gets done, is 18-year-old Ivorian Amad Diallo.

This is the type of player Solskjaer's United are trying to sign. Youngsters with potential. It is the same with Jadon Sancho even if the figures around the England and Borussia Dortmund winger are substantially higher than the £19m they will spend on Diallo.

Edited by Strokes

2 hours ago, davieG said:

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-astute-bit-business-4850383

Leicester City's Wesley Fofana has made the prestigious UEFA shortlist of players to watch in 2021

In judging Fofana, UEFA said: "Another astute piece of business by Leicester, Fofana has oozed class in the heart of defence since joining from Saint-Étienne.

Fofana  is only one of two players to play in the Premier League to make the shortlist which looks at players who are under the age of 21 but are tipped to go on to enjoy rich careers.

The full list is as follows:

Paulos Abraham (SWE, 18 – AIK)
Tyler Adams (USA, 20 – Leizpig)
Sergio Arribas (ESP, 19 – Real Madrid)
Mitchel Bakker (NED, 20 – Paris)
Jude Bellingham (ENG, 17 – Dortmund)
Jens Cajuste (SWE, 21 – Midtjylland)
Riccardo Calafiori (ITA, 18 – Roma)
David Carmo (POR, 21 – Braga)
Charles De Ketelaere (BEL, 19 – Club Brugge)
Yusuf Demir (AUT, 17 – Rapid Wien)
Amad Diallo (CIV, 18 – Atalanta)
Mohammed Diomande (CIV, 18 – Nordsjælland)
Igor Diveev (RUS, 21 – CSKA Moskva)
Jeremy Doku (BEL, 18 – Rennes)
Radu Drăgușin (ROU, 18 – Juventus)
Roman Evgenyev (RUS, 21 – Dinamo Moskva)
Wahidullah 'Wahid' Faghir (DEN, 17 – Vejle)
Wesley Fofana (FRA, 19 – Leicester)
Gianluca Frabotta (ITA, 21, Juventus)
Amine Gouiri (FRA, 20 – Nice)

No Dan Amartey :protest:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

I know its meant to be praising us but do Newcastle really think that theyre a massive club? 😂 They literally have a big stadium and some passionate fans with nothing else to back it up from the last 70 years.

They probably are bigger than us, just not by as much as they think, they’d throw a fit if the likes of Man Utd called them a small club.

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I know its meant to be praising us but do Newcastle really think that theyre a massive club? 😂 They literally have a big stadium and some passionate fans with nothing else to back it up from the last 70 years.

3 hours ago, Yes said:

They probably are bigger than us, just not by as much as they think, they’d throw a fit if the likes of Man Utd called them a small club.

It does say 'smaller' rather than 'small' in the actual article.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

They're big in comparison with most clubs in the country, smaller than the likes of Man U and Liverpool but on par with likes Everton and Aston Villa.

6 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It does say 'smaller' rather than 'small' in the actual article.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

They're big in comparison with most clubs in the country, smaller than the likes of Man U and Liverpool but on par with likes Everton and Aston Villa.

Define big club - Anyone. 

Newcastle last relevant trophy win was in the 1950s. I was talking to a Newcastle supporting mate and he was telling me early 90s they were lucky to get 14k at home. They've got a lovely ground up there with my favourites in the country and a good fan base other than that 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Define big club - Anyone. 

Newcastle last relevant trophy win was in the 1950s. I was talking to a Newcastle supporting mate and he was telling me early 90s they were lucky to get 14k at home. They've got a lovely ground up there with my favourites in the country and a good fan base other than that 🤷‍♂️

Mid eighties, maybe, on a bad day. Defo not 90s. By comparison, mid eighties we averaged 11k. 

Their crowds sky rocketed late 80s when Keegan signed (as a player, I mean) Literally  15k to 30k overnight. And Keegan, brilliantly, had backed himself to do that. negotiated a cut of the gates above 15k as part of his contract. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't think we'll get bracketed with the likes of Everton / Villa (rightly or wrongly) until we get the bloody ground over 40k and prove that we can fill it (we will). Not that I'm arsed, rather support a "smaller" club punching up than support Newcastle and cling to the fact you get 50k like it's a trophy.

We’ll need a 50k ground and plenty of time in the top flight. Another trophy or two wouldn’t hurt either. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

Mid eighties, maybe, on a bad day. Defo not 90s. By comparison, mid eighties we averaged 11k. 

Their crowds sky rocketed late 80s when Keegan signed (as a player, I mean) Literally  15k to 30k overnight. And Keegan, brilliantly, had backed himself to do that. negotiated a cut of the gates above 15k as part of his contract. 

Cheers mate. 

I mean in my life time, we are like the sixth most successful club in the PL era. Only behind your usual Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool. 

Obviously football exists before that but still. Another top 5 finish and ground extension and I think we could well be considered as a 'Big club'.. hate that terminology though. 

Edited by Ashley
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Cheers mate. 

I mean in my life time, we are like the seventh most successful club in the PL era. Only behind your usual Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool. 

Obviously football exists before that but still. Another top 5 finish and ground extension and I think we could well be considered as a 'Big club'.. hate that terminology though. 

The media don't see us as a successful club. The Beeb for example have a headline that blares out "Man City cruise past Chelsea to climb to 5th" whereas we get a mention further down the page under the banner of "Leicester beat Newcastle to close in on top spot". Are we the 'Millwall' of the EP?

Edited by David Hankey
  • Like 1

Sky rolled it out today with a graphic on Manchester City form. Highlighted they’d lost to the big 6 etc etc ...... no mention of us beating then. 

More annoying than anything else 

What matters is that we've got a good team and manager, a new training facility and European football. 

Newcastle can get 20k more fans in but if you were a player, you'd chose us right now. That may change in time but presently we are a far more attractive proposition.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

What matters is that we've got a good team and manager, a new training facility and European football. 

Newcastle can get 20k more fans in but if you were a player, you'd chose us right now. That may change in time but presently we are a far more attractive proposition.

Ground extension coming too. When that happens our attendances won’t be that dissimilar. What would they have over us then? 

Not having this that Newcastle are some massive club. They’re premier league deadweight, have been for some time and the prem wouldn’t miss them one bit if they went back down. 

• Like 2

As long as Ashley owns them, NUFC will continue to think like a small club, spend like a small club. and operate like a small club, i.e. effectively BE a small club.

I don't think those third-rate "Saudi royal family" chancers would have changed that either.  That looked like smoke, mirrors, and not enough actual money.  Have they ever completed the Derby takeover?