Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

50 minutes ago, Koke said:

As good BR is, he does get an easier ride here than he would at at Arsenal or United. Would Arsenal tolerate bottling a 15 point lead and allow United to leapfrog them to 4th? Would Arsenal or United tolerate losing home games to Fulham, Villa, West Ham etc? I just think Rodgers has a perfect gig here where bad home losses and horrific run of firm isn't heavily scrutinised by the media as it would be at bigger clubs. 

Rodgers gets praise by the media for beating Guardiola, Bielsa & Mourinho but they don't show the same energy when he loses to Dean Smith, Scott Parker and David Moyes.

Of course he will get an easier ride, but he also finished above all the managers you mentioned above apart from Guardiola. The clubs you mention are huge clubs and until Leicester can finish top 4 for 3-4 years in the bounce and pay salary’s and transfer fees like the big 6, then he will get the criticism, but whilst we don’t have them things he won’t be criticised as he is doing an unbelievable job.

Arsenal are a club that have been and will continue to regress under their current ownership. No manager will make a blind bit of difference to the club, they need refreshing behind the scenes. Why any manager worth their salt would want to go to that toxic hell hole I have no idea. As their stock continues to fall they'll stop getting the bigger commercial revenues. If they don't have a big change in the how the club operates I wouldn't be shocked to see them relegated in the next 10 seasons.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Arsenal are a club that have been and will continue to regress under their current ownership. No manager will make a blind bit of difference to the club, they need refreshing behind the scenes. Why any manager worth their salt would want to go to that toxic hell hole I have no idea. As their stock continues to fall they'll stop getting the bigger commercial revenues. If they don't have a big change in the how the club operates I wouldn't be shocked to see them relegated in the next 10 seasons.

Will say again it's really worth looking into how Arsenal operate at director level now. Signings are largely made on the basis of their agent. The next manager will be a client or closely linked to Kia Joorabchian. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I always said since he came I wouldn't have any gripes with Rodgers moving on to what he feels is a better project because he did it when he came here. Obviously we can all have our own opinions about what is a better job but I wouldn't knock the man for doing something that is so obviously in his character to do. Fool me once.

IF Arsenal came in for Rodgers and IF he turned them down it would be a massive statement.

Rodgers is rightly seen by many as one of the best coaches in the country and probably Europe, a manager of his calibre choosing to stay with us (even in the relative short term) instead of going to an "elite" club would raise a few eyebrows, even with Arsenals current situation. 

The one thing is with Rodgers, for me, he doesn't seem the most loyal. If Arsenal came in for him I would fear that he would go. They are a bigger club, and arguably a better project than we are right now. We'll just have to wait and see what the next few weeks hold

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Will say again it's really worth looking into how Arsenal operate at director level now. Signings are largely made on the basis of their agent. The next manager will be a client or closely linked to Kia Joorabchian. 

Yeah, I was reading about that. The reason they sacked off a large portion of scouting staff is that they plan to mainly do deals via Kia Joorabchian (I feel I need to confess that if you hadn't already written it, I wouldn't know how last name and would have typed Jorkabashien or something haha)

We're actually running the way Arsenal used to run, signing highly rated youths and turning them into quality top level players. I really hope they continue this way, it'd be amazing if they went down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hed get nowhere near the control gets here at Arsenal. Hes had everything he wanted - staff, training ground, signings, massive new contract.

I can't see him going yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hard to guess what another person is really thinking, but I do get the impression that BR wants to manage a big European club at some point. Maybe a Real, Barca or Milan. And (again my logic may be in error) he probably stands a better job of doing that by staying here and getting our team a top four finish. Arsenal are a bit of a basket case at the moment, and his reputation may be damaged terribly if he went there and failed to turn them around.

• Like 1

Just a thought, but maybe when Brendan looks at some of the signings we've made, then looks at the frankly ridiculous training facilities that we've just opened, then knows we are just around the corner from upping our stadium for more fans.....he might just think he's on to a winner here? 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jimbo said:

IF Arsenal came in for Rodgers and IF he turned them down it would be a massive statement.

Rodgers is rightly seen by many as one of the best coaches in the country and probably Europe, a manager of his calibre choosing to stay with us (even in the relative short term) instead of going to an "elite" club would raise a few eyebrows, even with Arsenals current situation. 

The one thing is with Rodgers, for me, he doesn't seem the most loyal. If Arsenal came in for him I would fear that he would go. They are a bigger club, and arguably a better project than we are right now. We'll just have to wait and see what the next few weeks hold

If Top is so convinced by the man, he may need to buy his loyalty with another payrise, unless we think we can get as good a replacement for £10m salary

8 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just because he hasn't always been loyal it doesn't mean he always will be.

Look at the way he's changed his tactics at times this season, often going against the way he's always played.

Maybe he's settled family-wise, loves the owners, new training ground, exciting young-ish squad, enjoys the lack of goldfish bowl pressure etc.

Another couple of years of doing grand things with us will open even bigger doors for him.

We won't keep him forever of course - imagine if we finished outside the top ten one season, fans would be calling for his head.

In fact a fair few were in the summer...

I think its more the latter that is my biggest fear of him leaving. He'll know a crash like last season or a bad finish here will stop his career progression dead in its tracks. Right now his stock is as good as any. It isnt a given this team will finish top 7 this season.

37 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I think its more the latter that is my biggest fear of him leaving. He'll know a crash like last season or a bad finish here will stop his career progression dead in its tracks. Right now his stock is as good as any. It isnt a given this team will finish top 7 this season.

thing is  in football, nothing is a given, but top 7 for Leicester is as near as it  gets

Edited by nnickn

13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Just because he hasn't always been loyal it doesn't mean he always will be.

Look at the way he's changed his tactics at times this season, often going against the way he's always played.

Maybe he's settled family-wise, loves the owners, new training ground, exciting young-ish squad, enjoys the lack of goldfish bowl pressure etc.

Another couple of years of doing grand things with us will open even bigger doors for him.

We won't keep him forever of course - imagine if we finished outside the top ten one season, fans would be calling for his head.

In fact a fair few were in the summer...

Just shows how far we´ve come :)

19 hours ago, SkidsFox said:

Hard to guess what another person is really thinking, but I do get the impression that BR wants to manage a big European club at some point. Maybe a Real, Barca or Milan. And (again my logic may be in error) he probably stands a better job of doing that by staying here and getting our team a top four finish. Arsenal are a bit of a basket case at the moment, and his reputation may be damaged terribly if he went there and failed to turn them around.

Exactly.

Southampton are a good side but Hassenhuttl is seen by many (even on here) as better than Rodgers. That maybe true but I don’t think there is anything to suggest that it is. It’s close and they’re both very good managers.

I just feel Rodgers really needs to use us to assert himself as a top manager and get a big job. Going to Arsenal and gambling his standing in the game that he’s rebuilt would be a very poor choice. Failing there would probably chalk him off every top clubs list. 

• Like 2

If anybody is interested in John Sitton talking about us. Apparently he's not a fan of Evans cos he is easily turned and he once saw Evans having a row with Ferguson on the touchline at the Emirates lol ok then John.

He does love Fofana, Maddison and Vardy though.

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1