Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

4 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Did it ever cross your mind the shopkeeper had paid those lads to 'chase' you into his shop.

He pulls down the shutters and you start spending.:whistle:

I don't think we spent enough to give him an early retirement 😄

17 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Still don't miss an opportunity to repeat the bollox about not paying our debts. 

Didn't Fawaz do his level best to avoid paying a number of NFFC's creditors ... and pay their players late?  And fairly recently.  Selective amnesia.

p.s. for those with the Athletic   https://theathletic.com/1845313/2020/06/01/fawaz-al-hasawi-nottingham-forest-pearce-davies-cotterill-freedman/

Edited by KingsX
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Against poor opposition where we will have 65-70% possession I think Perez can do the false 9. But against decent opposition in the top 10 I'm not so sure. He is,easily nullified and bullied out of the game by good defenders.

Just now, Koke said:

Against poor opposition where we will have 65-70% possession I think Perez can do the false 9. But against decent opposition in the top 10 I'm not so sure. He is,easily nullified and bullied out of the game by good defenders.

For sure, but its good to know we consider things outside of a single tactic and sole reliance on Vardy. Giving him time out will prolong his career, which I am sure we all want

2 hours ago, Koke said:

I would say...First try it...Then we will know. Better to try Now  before Vardy is no longer an Automatic choice...

• Like 1

On 11/01/2021 at 22:01, Raw Dykes said:

"No matter what they achieve they will never be our rivals. That will always hurt them no matter how many trophies they win."

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd swap the trophy cabinet for a rivalry with some has-beens from the Football League any day of the week.

It hurts so bad.

11f.gif.ce406af851660d9a8b6a7156a2a65f7b.gif

I’ve seen that comment before and I must admit that it’s probably the most idiotic comment I’ve ever seen on a football forum - and there has been some serious competition.

Imagine winning the PL and then winning other trophies (eg Europa or FA) and thinking: “... this is ok, but I wish we had a rivalry with Forest”. It’s a whole new level of brainlessly deluded. 

Edited by Jobyfox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Koke said:

without Vardy we need to play two up top imo against Prem sides especially.

14 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

I’ve seen that comment before and I must admit that it’s probably the most idiotic comment I’ve ever seen on a football forum - and there has been some serious competition.

Imagine winning the PL and then winning other trophies (eg Europa or FA) and thinking: “... this is ok, but I wish we had a rivalry with Forest”. It’s a whole new level of brainlessly deluded. 

Yeah! I'm pretty sure I posted pretty much the same reply on another instance of that same comment from a Forest fan that got linked here a while ago. A bit like deja vu, but I'm sure it did happen before. It may be a mantra for them, just like "we don't care about Leicester" is. It seems like they actually think it's true. Whatever gets them through the day, I suppose.

I sometimes thank my lucky stars that I wasn't born 30 miles north. Doesn't bear thinking about, really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

I saw this article and I think they are getting the wrong end of the stick. I don't Perez played a "false 9" at all and simply was a player whose natural tendency is to drop deep being more of a support striker, a bit like Firmino at Liverpool. Has Rodgers come out and confirmed the system was a false 9? Don't think so.

I wouldn't put it past Rodgers to try the system and thought he might have been doing that earlier in the season when we started with just Barnes and no Vardy, but even then we didn't play it. Only Man City play that way in the Premier League as it stands. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We have to remember we are talking about a fanbase that genuinely think they have a two way rivalry with Liverpool.

We might get stick off of Forest and Derby about not caring, same with Derby getting it off Leeds for the same reason, Cov get it from Villa etc..

But I think Forest fans are the only club I’ve ever seen to believe they have rivalry’s with other clubs that don’t even know it exists, they’ll claim to be big rivals with Liverpool and Leeds but they genuinely aren’t on their radar enough to even tell them they don’t care. Amazing levels of delusion.

Edited by Yes
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I saw this article and I think they are getting the wrong end of the stick. I don't Perez played a "false 9" at all and simply was a player whose natural tendency is to drop deep being more of a support striker, a bit like Firmino at Liverpool. Has Rodgers come out and confirmed the system was a false 9? Don't think so.

I wouldn't put it past Rodgers to try the system and thought he might have been doing that earlier in the season when we started with just Barnes and no Vardy, but even then we didn't play it. Only Man City play that way in the Premier League as it stands. 

Its a fair comment, and difficult to dispute, but the reason for posting was not to marvel at Robs conclusion, more the fact such requirements (A Vardy-less attack) are clear to all, even Rob (snigger) and steps are tentatively being taken to search for usable solutions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its a fair comment, and difficult to dispute, but the reason for posting was not to marvel at Robs conclusion, more the fact such requirements (A Vardy-less attack) are clear to all, even Rob (snigger) and steps are tentatively being taken to search for usable solutions.

Yep it was the first time I can remember Perez playing up top by himself and something we might look to do in games where we need to rest Vardy. Perez scored and linked play pretty well, but I do feel we lacked a player to find with our last pass many times, as he would be far too deep instead of in the danger zone, a problem that Nacho also has. Vardy doesn't touch the ball nearly as much, but look how many goals he scores!

Interesting experiment though that warrants another test, no doubt against Brentford in the same competition. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep it was the first time I can remember Perez playing up top by himself and something we might look to do in games where we need to rest Vardy. Perez scored and linked play pretty well, but I do feel we lacked a player to find with our last pass many times, as he would be far too deep instead of in the danger zone, a problem that Nacho also has. Vardy doesn't touch the ball nearly as much, but look how many goals he scores!

Interesting experiment though that warrants another test, no doubt against Brentford in the same competition. 

Agree, and I would hope repetition of this experiment would cause our trademark 'ball over the top/round the corner' for Vardy to chase, protect and recycle, could be reworked to "down the side to Barnes/Under' who cut in using Perez as a deeper striker (What IS a shadow striker fgs) who may then link the play further if required. (Or score...)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Have you got any little clips of Perez's contributions? I heard quite a lot that his link up play is very impressive but I never really notice him doing anything out of the ordinary for a premier league footballer. 

I'm genuinely intrigued in what people see in Perez past an average forward player. I think his pro's are quick brain and good close control and attempts to quickly lay the ball off. Negatives would be that he's easily disposessed, doesn't really create chances or score a great deal. 

When we're against a team that's sat in or is just defensively resolute I find him to be totally nullified and incredibly unlikely to create something.

I wonder if others see the same but think those qualities are enough for a starting forward. I'd really love a few more players with pace. One thing defenders or systems can't really account for is forwards with pace, which I why I'm hoping Under gets some proper game time. I genuinely think a front four of Barnes, Maddison, Under and Vardy will be the best we have ever fielded. Certainly in my lifetime (although Heskey/Collymoore v Sunderland will never be beaten as a one off)

30 minutes ago, Nalis said:

We have to remember we are talking about a fanbase that genuinely think they have a two way rivalry with Liverpool.

True. I had forgotten that, but you're absolutely right.

11 minutes ago, Yes said:

We might get stick off of Forest and Derby about not caring, same with Derby getting it off Leeds for the same reason, Cov get it from Villa etc..

But I think Forest fans are the only club I’ve ever seen to believe they have rivalry’s with other clubs that don’t even know it exists, they’ll claim to be big rivals with Liverpool and Leeds but they genuinely aren’t on their radar enough to even tell them they don’t care. Amazing levels of delusion.

Agreed. I can't speak for anyone else, but I spend so little time thinking about local rivals that it's pretty much become a thing of the past for me. The more time that passes, any comments from Forest fans about us more closely resemble Peterborough fans' comments. It's like hearing about someone who lives down the road slagging you off when you've never even met them.

Much bigger fish to fry these days.

We're all on our own,

We're all on our own,

It's Forest and Derby,

We're all on our own.

• Like 1