Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

20 hours ago, majaco said:

Do a sensible post next time.  Don't mix Bailey's with Guiness and Sambuca and Brandy and Martini. 

I think he’s quoting the video. I tried to watch it all but to be frank it wasn’t the most engaging. Ymmv.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Goals p/game isn't the best stat when comparing strikers from completely different teams and circumstances. 

You're better comparing goals from chances / shots. 

I've not checked but I'm willing to bet Vardy would be even further ahead if you did. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Tifo tries to put a best 11 of 2020 outside the usual big 6 clubs. They put proper thought into it and used actual stats to explain their reasons (for the most part). 

Cliff notes: Only Vardy and Ndidi gets in from Leicester. Ricardo is acknowledged to be the best RB but he is injured so can't be included. 

My only disagreement with this they put Tarkowski & Adam Webster as a CB pairing. One plays hoofball under Dychr and the other is part of one of the worst teams of 2020.

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Tifo tries to put a best 11 of 2020 outside the usual big 6 clubs. They put proper thought into it and used actual stats to explain their reasons (for the most part). 

Cliff notes: Only Vardy and Ndidi gets in from Leicester. Ricardo is acknowledged to be the best RB but he is injured so can't be included. 

My only disagreement with this they put Tarkowski & Adam Webster as a CB pairing. One plays hoofball under Dychr and the other is part of one of the worst teams of 2020.

Luke ayling at right back when we have 3 better right backs than him....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Koke said:

Souchek ahead of Tielemans??!!:nigel:

3 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Souchek ahead of Tielemans??!!:nigel:

He’s been mustard “this season” but he was largely anonymous for large periods before after the restart last season in 2020 and our form suffered because of it. I’m comfortable with him being omitted here but if he continues his form currently I’d be shocked if he didn’t make it in to this revised team of the season. 

But also yeah tbf, Souchek wasn’t any better lol 

Edited by Manini

9 hours ago, StanSP said:

We've made it! 

Not big four, top six. It's big seven!

Everton fans rattled. They've been in the Premier League since its inception and have zero Champions League campaigns and 1 FA Cup. We have more in way less time. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Koke said:

Everton fans rattled. They've been in the Premier League since its inception and have zero Champions League campaigns and 1 FA Cup. We have more in way less time. 

Everton have had Champions League campaign they just lost in the qualifying rounds to Villarreal as I remember some very dodgy refereeing resulting in Collina’s retirement after the game. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Everton have had Champions League campaign they just lost in the qualifying rounds to Villarreal as I remember some very dodgy refereeing resulting in Collina’s retirement after the game. 

I remember that but I dont count that as being in the Champions League if you don't even make the group stages. 

• Like 2

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-citys-astute-bit-business-4850383

Leicester City's Wesley Fofana has made the prestigious UEFA shortlist of players to watch in 2021

In judging Fofana, UEFA said: "Another astute piece of business by Leicester, Fofana has oozed class in the heart of defence since joining from Saint-Étienne.

Fofana  is only one of two players to play in the Premier League to make the shortlist which looks at players who are under the age of 21 but are tipped to go on to enjoy rich careers.

The full list is as follows:

Paulos Abraham (SWE, 18 – AIK)
Tyler Adams (USA, 20 – Leizpig)
Sergio Arribas (ESP, 19 – Real Madrid)
Mitchel Bakker (NED, 20 – Paris)
Jude Bellingham (ENG, 17 – Dortmund)
Jens Cajuste (SWE, 21 – Midtjylland)
Riccardo Calafiori (ITA, 18 – Roma)
David Carmo (POR, 21 – Braga)
Charles De Ketelaere (BEL, 19 – Club Brugge)
Yusuf Demir (AUT, 17 – Rapid Wien)
Amad Diallo (CIV, 18 – Atalanta)
Mohammed Diomande (CIV, 18 – Nordsjælland)
Igor Diveev (RUS, 21 – CSKA Moskva)
Jeremy Doku (BEL, 18 – Rennes)
Radu Drăgușin (ROU, 18 – Juventus)
Roman Evgenyev (RUS, 21 – Dinamo Moskva)
Wahidullah 'Wahid' Faghir (DEN, 17 – Vejle)
Wesley Fofana (FRA, 19 – Leicester)
Gianluca Frabotta (ITA, 21, Juventus)
Amine Gouiri (FRA, 20 – Nice)