Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CosbehFox

The "do they mean us?" thread pt 2

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You look at that current Arsenal team and outside the strikers and a couple of midfielders, I'm not sure I'd take any of their players over our starting 11. Considering what they spend each year, their squad is regressing massively. Ditto with Chelsea. 

No clean sheet away from home this season, looked awful yesterday but are sitting 4th in the table!

I we get Tielemans and another one or two in the summer a decent attempt at the top 6 isn't out of the question.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

United are no different. 

There's a general consensus on here that we'll "never" break in to the top four again and a lot of people saying we'll never get back top six even. 

But tbf, those three teams are remarkably mediocre and Spurs are on the cusp of stagnating as well. 

If the "big clubs" keep throwing stupid amounts of money on very average big names, they'll leave themselves wide open to the likes of Leicester and Wolves catching them up. 

I mean if United seriously are ready to break the bank on bringing in Maguire and Wan Bissaka and that's their summer? Good luck to them. 

As appalling as our 16/17 business was, our recruitment model - and that of Wolves - is a hell of a lot better than the clubs above us. 

Problem is with those teams, they can all just go and chuck £100m + at a couple of players and it's almost always enough to just keep themselves ahead of the pack. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not sure I agree that that's the case if they carry on with their current trajectory. 

Chelsea spent about 200m bringing in:

Pulisic - honestly don't think he's better than Barnes and Maddison, he's not getting in Dortmund's team on merit, if he was English he wouldn't be anywhere near the national team, he'd be hashing it out in the u21s like Gray. He's miles behind Jason Sancho, he's just a big name because he's an American international. 

Kepa - ****ing dreadful recruitment. Definitely worse than Kasper and Rui Patricio. 

Jorginho - wouldn't swap him for Tielemans in a month of Sundays. Alright, yeah, he's better than Papy Mendy and Adrien Silva but he's definitely worse than Joao Moutinho and Neves. 

Then the others:

Lichsteiner - LOL

Sokratis - no better than Boly, Evans, Coady or Maguire, just happened to be another one to come from a "big" club so is considered a big player by default. 

Fred - LOL

Tottenham - tumbleweed.gif

Its probably a bit unfair of me to lump Arsenal in there because I thought Leno and Torreira were decent buys and they're still plugging away buying up young players but United and Chelsea definitely don't have a recruitment strategy. 

The players they're linked to now are expensive but they're not going to elevate them to top four levels, they're just yet more over inflated, high profile waste. I mean, Maguire, that story looks like it's got traction, he'll cost them 75+ and for what? A mid table defender that happens to be English. 

I legitimately think some of the biggest clubs in the country have fallen massively behind in scouting and recruitment because they took for granted that they'd always be able to out muscle the market but now the market has gotten so insane they don't know how to adjust. 

Clubs like Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves, West Ham, Everton might have their problems but they're making much better progress in squad development than United and Chelsea. 

I agree, but they just keep spending and spending until they hit the mark. Chelsea will end up pumping £50m on another striker, because their other £50m striker flopped, Man U will probably spunk £70m on sancho because Sanchez on 400k a week flopped. They'll always end up with a couple of really top level players and it's what keeps them ahead, despite the rest of the team not being much better than the chasing pack. Or they will just swoop in and take the best players from the chasing pack and we're all back to square one. 

The 

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Clubs like Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth, Wolves, West Ham, Everton might have their problems but they're making much better progress in squad development than United and Chelsea. 

The problem for the clubs mentioned is consistency. They/us are very reliant on a poor bottom 5 to give us a good 25 to 30 points. Then battle out the rest - the points total for 7th is going to be higher than normal simply because Fulham and Hudds are so crap. 

Arsenal's signings under Emery have been pure muck, not having them at all. They need someone like Tielemans, let's just hope they don't bother entering the race. I could easily seem them finishing outside the top 8, let alone the top 4 in seasons to come. Vulgar club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

United are no different. 

There's a general consensus on here that we'll "never" break in to the top four again and a lot of people saying we'll never get back top six even. 

But tbf, those three teams are remarkably mediocre and Spurs are on the cusp of stagnating as well. 

If the "big clubs" keep throwing stupid amounts of money on very average big names, they'll leave themselves wide open to the likes of Leicester and Wolves catching them up. 

I mean if United seriously are ready to break the bank on bringing in Maguire and Wan Bissaka and that's their summer? Good luck to them. 

As appalling as our 16/17 business was, our recruitment model - and that of Wolves - is a hell of a lot better than the clubs above us. 

Agree that our recruitment in the main is so much better and we seem to take the risks on players the top 6 dont. 

But the biggest difference is they can afford to have 3 or 4 bad windows and still be top 6. We have the same and we are probably playing in the Championship. 

This summer will be a big statement of intent. Sign 3 or 4 quality players and keep what we have and then the message will be clear that we are ready to really give it a go. Sell sell sell and we might aswell all concede that this is the way football is now and the likes of Leicester aren't welcome to compete at that level.

Lets not forget it isnt good for brand Premier League to have their precious top 6 interfered with. 1 year of Leicester winning it might have been good for promoting the league for that season, but lets not overlook the fact Man Utd and Liverpool were very quick to go and have chats about a Super League. The noises arent as loud about that at the minute but you can bet they'd be picking up the ball and going home if any of then miss out on European money any time soon.

Think your last two paragraphs are just silly conspiracy stuff tbh. If it was a closed shop then they'd actually do something about Man City's wanton disregard for FFP. 

Man City are us. A completely scruffy, unfashionable, crap yoyo club with a history of being largely rubbish. 

They just got money. 

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Koke said:

Leno and Torreira are good, the rest are not impressive. Aubamayang was bought last January. 

I agree with Finners assessment. I'm glad Mohamed El Neny turned us down. Utter muck. Sokratis, really?

Wolves and Leicester can seriously gate crash top 6 if the recruitment is spot on. This may sound premature but we need to target Man Utd next season. Ole Solskjaer is bang average. We need to accumulate as many point as possible before United wise up to the total disaster managerial appointment.

Can we start referring to him as Ole Gunnar Shakespeare?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Leno and Torreira are good, the rest are not impressive. Aubamayang was bought last January. 

I agree with Finners assessment. I'm glad Mohamed El Neny turned us down. Utter muck. Sokratis, really?

Wolves and Leicester can seriously gate crash top 6 if the recruitment is spot on. This may sound premature but we need to target Man Utd next season. Ole Solskjaer is bang average. We need to accumulate as many point as possible before United wise up to the total disaster managerial appointment.

Totally agree. Only a matter of time before they start to slide.

5 hours ago, Finnegan said:

United are no different. 

It says a lot when Man Utd seem to be very keen (or at least have been) on Maguire and we’re probably more than happy and already prepared to let him go at the right price.

Mahrez and Drinkwater really flying the flag for our title-winning team this past day or two. This is far from the first time I've seen Riyad slated in a Man City shirt.

Screenshot_20190409-205735~2.png

42 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I approve of this. It is clear that Leicester players don't perform well elsewhere. Tielemens, Chillwell, Maguire, Maddison, Pareira, Barnes, Ndidi etc. are great in Leicester shirts - but would probably be shit anywhere else. So other teams should avoid at all costs.

Yes and on the flip-side. All the players that don’t perform in a Leicester shirt should be snapped up at the earliest opportunity because they’ll be great anywhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anglodanglo said:

Mahrez getting the scapegoat treatment tonight

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/riyad-mahrez-2018-2019-performances.335464/page-254

Bit harsh but did chuckle at this comment... 'As it stands, he's just a wide Wilfried Bony'

Bit harsh is putting it mildly...they are absolutely ripping him apart!

On 08/04/2019 at 14:23, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal's signings under Emery have been pure muck, not having them at all. They need someone like Tielemans, let's just hope they don't bother entering the race. I could easily seem them finishing outside the top 8, let alone the top 4 in seasons to come. Vulgar club.

Very true. I think Arsenal fans have this weird self belief that they are some member of an elite ban of football clubs. In reality, they are this era version of a 90’s Villa. No one fears going to Emirates. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Bit harsh is putting it mildly...they are absolutely ripping him apart!

Their comments are very harsh but to be honest I was shocked by Riyad's performance last night. He really is a shadow of the player we saw at the KP. Where has his control and dribbling ability gone? He looked slow, ponderous, always took the easy option, laying the ball off simply, or whipping in hopeful crosses, rather than taking on the full back. What made this worse is that he was up against the bang average Danny Rose, who was on a booking from 10 minutes. The circumstances were tailor made for him to show what he could do. But he failed miserably. Looks more like 18/19 Ghezzal than 15/16 Mahrez. 

• Like 1