Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

3 hours ago, vanity said:

I think we desperately need Ghezzal on the pitch, we lack creativity and Albrighton's crosses don't tend to bring us goals, today's fluke notwithstanding. 

If we do start Albrighton, we need him to stop looking to cross to the front of the goal, we don't have the players to do anything other than pick up the pieces if there's a deflection. Perhaps if he targets a trailing Maddison or Mendy higher in the box more frequently we'll get a bit more joy.

He assisted again today, who is he supposed to cross too? Only Vards consistently gets in the box so he's easy to crowd out need the big Wilf joining him.

20 minutes ago, Mint_Fox said:

who is he supposed to cross too? Only Vards consistently gets in the box so he's easy to crowd out

That's totally my point. When all we have is Vards in the box, Albrighton crossing towards him tends to be worthless. 

And Albrighton didn't get an assist today, come off it. 

12 hours ago, vanity said:

I think we desperately need Ghezzal on the pitch, we lack creativity and Albrighton's crosses don't tend to bring us goals, today's fluke notwithstanding. 

If we do start Albrighton, we need him to stop looking to cross to the front of the goal, we don't have the players to do anything other than pick up the pieces if there's a deflection. Perhaps if he targets a trailing Maddison or Mendy higher in the box more frequently we'll get a bit more joy.

Yeh we were putting in great crosses for a big striker but we don’t have a big striker so it was a bit pointless. Our crosses need to be fast and lower to suit our strike force 

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

One red card and we are already looking light up top if Iheanacho fails to perform. Assume Okazaki will come on to the bench. Was happy to let Ulloa and Slimani leave but think we need an extra striker, even just as an extra option. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Ndukwu on the bench.

• Like 1

Albrighton needs to play on the left or not at all for me, but it looks like thats Gray's position this season. I hope we're not considering Albrighton on the right as a long term solution he isn't even half as effective than when he's on the left. We probably can't play Ghezzal and Ricardo together though, as it's been mentioned elsewhere we're really short on wingers.

5 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh we were putting in great crosses for a big striker but we don’t have a big striker so it was a bit pointless. Our crosses need to be fast and lower to suit our strike force 

Agree with this. There is a stat somewhere which shows we had the worst crossing conversion rate in the division last season which is totally unsurprising given we play one up front who is shorter than six foot. The crosses we put in are actually good ones but pointless for the way we play. The other way we could improve is if the opposite winger joins the attack to be an option at the far post and Gray at least was making those runs. Still he’s not exactly renowned for his aerial ability so don’t expect much. 

I have to say it’s the one thing that confuses me about our system. The fact we put so many high crosses in must be deliberate but totally agree we should just ping them in low!

I wouldn’t be surprised if this gets sorted as the season progresses though. I think the general vibe on Foxes Talk at least is that whilst we are rough around the edges this season we can at least get an idea of how the manager wants us to play. Perfecting a system takes time as evidenced by Guardiola, Klopp hell even Ranieri.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mehrez said:

Probably won’t be up to speed for this one but I’m looking forward to seeing the new Turk

Can we please stop calling him the ‘Turk’. CS will do until you master his name.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Can we please stop calling him the ‘Turk’. CS will do until you master his name.

Will CS the Turk do? problem being it don't sound like a "C" or an "S"

Edited by norwichfox

18 hours ago, vanity said:

Ghezzal or Diabate as left-sided players would give us more balance as Gray and Albrighton are both very right-footed 

Redmond always looks dangerous, but thankfully Hughes has no idea how to play to his teams strengths. Ings will need to be watched as he is back amongst the goals. Their defence will always concede, but all depends how Kelechi and Maddison link up.  Puel will want to do well and we should see our players have more freedom and play exciting football. 

Need a good performance from Gray but I think we will get the win 2-1. 

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Maguire - Evans - Chilwell

Mendy - Ndidi

Ghezzal                             Grey

Maddison

Iheanacho

Southampton 1 Leicester City 2

• Like 1