Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Wolves away Carabao Cup 0-0 (City win 3-1 on pens) Post Match

2 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

OK, I'm sure I can think of similar past freaks. Djimi Traore comes to mind as well.

But name me one other right back currently playing in the EPL who is so poor at being a right back? :)

I won't do, but I will remind you what you originally said - 'worst defender I have ever seen'

Now will you agree that you exaggerated ever so slightly?!? :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I won't do, but I will remind you what you originally said - 'worst defender I have ever seen'

Now will you agree that you exaggerated ever so slightly?!? :)

Oi, don't be so picky. Yes, it was a hyperbole. Just something you say. But he's right up there with the best (worst). But I honestly can't remember a defensive performance as poor as Ricardo's today. Bouncing off attackers, never there when needed, wandering god knows where, unable to win the ball or unknowing of how to block a cross. He may have done something right today, but in general... wow. I honestly can't say a single good think about him as a defender (note: I fully believe he should start as a winger though).

Edited by Marutimon
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Didnt think Ghezzal was that bad at all. I think like with Mahrez and most of our non-Albrighton wingers he will suffer a lot of exaggerated criticism.

He's just very inconsistent, same with many of our fringe players. Some of the things he did were very nice, and some were very poor. I personally like that he has a bit of flair to his game because we struggled badly with creativity last season. He's no Mahrez, but every creative player in the world, even the very best, often make mistakes but it's because they are daring enough to take a risk to make something happen. I personally think he looks like what he is, a 12M Premier League winger that is decent - no more, no less.

Why people feel aggrieved is because we didn't go out and make a blockbuster signing to replace Mahrez, which we all expected. The thing is though, I suspect Puel wanted to play Gray and Diabate more regularly, but Diabate specifically fluffed his lines preseason, and I think Puel decided to get a "stop gap" player that can do something now for a season or two while he develops, or perhaps never makes the cut. We shall see.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

Oi, don't be so picky. Yes, it was a hyperbole. Just something you say. But he's right up there with the best (worst). But I honestly can't remember a defensive performance as poor as Ricardo's today. Bouncing off attackers, never there when needed, wandering god knows where, unable to win the ball or unknowing of how to block a cross. He may have done something right today, but in general... wow. I honestly can't say a single good think about him as a defender (note: I fully believe he should start as a winger though).

I will remember not to take any notice of your wording in the future :)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Wolves fans, some of the most bitter idiots I've ever come across.

The Molineux Mix post-match thread is more realistic and balanced than any we've had here in a while.

Most of them recognize a lack of goals, as well as depth, that separates their squad from the true contenders.

• Like 1

First half we were decent, 2nd half we were a bit iffy but still had a few great chances. Albrighton had a howler in front of goal. 

Is Ricardo taking the piss? Nobody can be that bad defensively, surely? Especially given how promising he looks at the other end, it's all very odd and hope he can settle down, right now though I'd have him nowhere near that right back slot.

Silva was poor but Iborra was classy. I thought our best out field player was Morgan to be fair, proper no nonsence from the man.

1 hour ago, Marutimon said:

That man is not a defender. I would rather us play Okazaki at right back. Genuinely 6 meters out of position on about five occasions. Half a yard I can accept for someone adapting to the league but tonight was silly. Good player though and I think will be useful for us, as soon as Puel admits he is not a right back.

• Like 1